I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locationshttps://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/

*****************Now please do not go talking about Politics on this thread.
I do not want the thread shut down.*****************

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This (me) Spring chicken who got her vaccine this morning!!!! (60-65 year olds)

First the needles are not as big as the pictures on the internet.
Second the person giving me my vaccine was oh so good! No pain.
Third Yes I cried!!!!!

Many thanks to Ottawamom & Donald my Hero for all their support helping me decide to get the shot,,,with all the media and information lately I was scared.

I'll post if I have any side effects but so far so good.
I will be contacted via the Ministry of Health via email when I can get my second shot which will probably be in 4 months but if vaccines come in early they will do them early.
Hugs
Mel
1616003081834.png

Last edited:
In honor of their kindness and it being St Patrick's Day I gave each staff member a $5.00 Starbucks coffee Gift card.
I was very touched by how thankful they all were.
Please remember to show your appreciation for all the hard work that the people who are vaccinating us are doing!
A simple Thank-you goes a long way!

Hugs
Mel

Yay!!! So happy for you.

A friend of mine got her shot last week (health care). She didn’t get the same vaccine as you, I think she got Pfizer? She said she didn’t even feel the needle. My dad (over 80) got his yesterday and said the same thing.

Congratulations! I can hardly wait until my cohort opens up here! I'll take whatever they want to give me - a vial of saline? Okay, it will make me feel so much better!

I was considering waiting until School staff could get it but ultimately decided I had to consider my age,,, although I like to think of myself as a spry 61 year old I just decided to take what I could when offered.
I want so badly for so many friends , co- workers & family to be able to get it soon!

Have Hope Hon ,,,, everyone will get it soon.
Hugs to you
Mel

I was considering waiting until School staff could get it but ultimately decided I had to consider my age,,, although I like to think of myself as a spry 61 year old I just decided to take what I could when offered.
I want so badly for so many friends , co- workers & family to be able to get it soon!

Have Hope Hon ,,,, everyone will get it soon.
Hugs to you
Mel

Glad you were able to get it. I think vaccine guilt is going to be a real thing for some people. Just remember you being vaccinated will also help protect other people 😁.

Congrats Mel !!! Im so happy for you !!

Dd23 got her shot yesterday too! (In our region her job working with special needs students puts her in a priority group ).
They had to write down what getting the shot means to them ❤
749731C1-005A-402F-A61C-76F0DB1264A8.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats Mel !!! Im so happy for you !!

Dd23 got her shot yesterday too! (In our region her job working with special needs students puts her in a priority group ).
They had to write down what getting the shot means to them ❤
View attachment 563239
Thank-You so much for sharing.:grouphug:
I am truly happy for her!!!
I texted my granddaughter the minute I got mine and said the same thing.
Hugs Hon
Mel

Glad you were able to get it. I think vaccine guilt is going to be a real thing for some people. Just remember you being vaccinated will also help protect other people 😁.
It is definitely a place where your thoughts and mind go to.
Thanks for saying that , (sharing your positive thoughts) it really does helps.
Hugs to you
Mel

We just went for a walk through our neighbourhood this evening and chatted with a couple people along the way. The general attitude is very positive about the vaccines becoming available, and everyone is looking forward to getting their shot and moving on with life... Congrats to those who've got their shot. I look forward to my turn....

Glad you were able to get it! I am (not) patiently waiting my turn but at 46 it will be awhile. I am also anxious for my parents to be able to get theirs. Hopefully soon on that! The more people that get them, the sooner everyone is safe, and we can travel. I'm always happy to hear of people in Canada able to get their shots. Especially as Ottawa is supposed to be moving into the red zone, the more people who are able to get vaccinated the better we are to get back on track, reduce cases and see the light at the end of this tunnel.

So very happy you were able to get vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter