I've changed my mind about FP+

jimsanfilippo

Mouseketeer
We are a family that loves character dining and usually gets the dining plan because of it. However, we've always hated how that locked us in to being somewhere at a certain time since often when it was time to go to our chosen restaurant our kids were having a blast playing in one of the playgrounds or splash areas, or swimming at the resort, or even just riding it's a small world over and over. Many times our kids would get upset that we were uprooting them from a super fun time to make it to an ADR (ESPECIALLY if it was one that WASN'T a character meal).:crazy2:

So when FP+ was first announced I cringed at the thought of planning our days out in even more detail and having to be at additional places by certain times. I hated the idea and thought it was absolutely ridiculous to plan out things to that level.:sad2:

But what I didn't consider was:
1) The fact that we no longer had to be at rope drop and run to an attraction just to get an old Fast Pass (because the line was immediately 75 minutes long) for 2:30pm-3:30pm (which is awful if you are park hopping family like us).
2) The flexibility to use the MDE app to make changes on the fly to your FP+s if you see they will not work out for you as hoped (although this will NOT work very well for the most popular attractions).

Being able to know we can get on 7D Mine Train, Soarin', and Toy Story Midway Mania without monster lines or early morning wind-sprints is very, very nice.:) I have been converted.

Now, everything would be peachy if they could only make sure changes to FP+s via MDE were available right away instead of (sometimes) an hour after the change was made (which we ran into twice - once each of our last two visits) AND if they made splitting FP+s between parks a reality for those of us who park hop most days. But maybe later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter