I've made a decision,

EltonJohn

<font color=6600CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
instead of waiting for Prince Charming to come along and take me to WDW on our honeymoon, I've decided on a future solo trip.

Since I have yet to find a job and finish my schooling in speech pathology, my solo trip is still a few years away. What type of pre-planning can I do in the meantime?

WDW: MY GOAL to work toward as a present for Graduate School graduation!

Diane

Congratulations! What a great reward for a great accomplishment!

It's never too early to start planning.
When do you plan on going?
How long do you want to stay?
What kind of accomodations do you want?
What's your budget?
What do you want to see, where do you want to eat?
Flying or driving?

These questions can keep you quite busy. There is plenty of research to be done. I find the planning and anticipation to be part of the fun.

Of course everyone here at the DIS is available to help!

I think would begin by deciding when I wanted to go. Then I would decide whether or not I would stay onsite. Next I would start researching all of the different resorts to see which one I liked best.

I'd also probably get in touch with Dreams Unlimited. They will make your reservations and help you with your itinerary.

I love touring WDW as a solo, I think you will like it too.

Katholyn

Originally posted by Lynn K
It's never too early to start planning.
When do you plan on going?
How long do you want to stay?
What kind of accomodations do you want?
What's your budget?
What do you want to see, where do you want to eat?
Flying or driving?

Well, I won't graduate from grad school until at least 2004, then I will have to do CFY to get certified by ASHA. Probably sometime around 2005.

The first solo trip will be for just a few days and nights, and it will be in the off season when things are cheaper :) For this trip I want to stay Wilderness Lodge concierge-only the best for me.

Budget wise-I'll have to figure that out later on. Once I get a job I do plan on saving a lot of my money.

Flying! Come to think of it, driving through the Deep South sounds intriguing. I could stop at different Plantations and tour them, perhaps make a stop in Tennessee. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter