• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jack Day

smgmartin

Earning My Ears
Does anybody know what denomination Jack Day is? Also, thoughts and feelings about him as your officiant if youve had him before?

We had him for our vow renewal. I'm not sure what denomination he is and I couldn't figure it out from his website. He is also a notary and will do a civil ceremony as well.
He was very nice but to be honest I didn't have alot of contact with him. He didn't come to our rehearsal so I didn't get to meet him before hand (he was informed never told me he couldn't make it). I wrote out our ceremony so he just performed it.
He did nudge my husband to meet me halfway down the aisle which was an awkward moment as it wasn't rehearsed.
I heard lots of good things about him from fellow brides at the time. Mind you this was nearly 10 years ago.

Rev Day officiated our wedding and I fell in love with him the minute I called him. I married back in 2008 and he sent me pamphlets on what type of ceremony I wanted. So I was able to add and take away what ever I wanted. Since I am catholic I wanted to have the closest ceremony to a regular mass as much as possible.

He did come to our rehearsal, and he was an absolute delight... I highly recommend him...
Good Luck!:thumbsup2

Im catholic too. And its important to me to have someone who can incorporate religion but I understand all the rules and that its not really a catholic ceremony. You dont know what denomination he is do you?

Jack Day was our officiant when we got married at Yacht Club in 2011. We are not very religious so I'm not 100% what denomination he is but I fell in love with this little man. He is so sweet and kind hearted. Even though we never met him officially prior to our wedding day, he made us feel like we knew him all our lives.
My husband and I jokingly say that he's the grandfather we never had (both of our grandfathers passed when we were very little). Whenever I think of him, I imagine him sitting on a wrap around porch sipping sweet tea, just watching the day unfold.
I highly recommend him, all jokes aside. He will help make your day memorable (not like getting in Disney isn't memorable enough :) )
Congratulations! Hope you have a magical wedding day!!

We had Rev. Jack Day for our wedding almost nine years ago. We fell in love with him! He was so kind on the phone, before, and after our ceremony. A few months before the wedding, my mom passed unexpectedly and I called Rev. Day and asked him to incorporate a prayer and moment of silence for my mom and he did an amazing job. DH's best man got very sick right before the wedding and couldn't come, so Rev. Day gave our first toast and he was wonderful! He spoke from the heart and talked about his own long marriage. We also had a botched first kiss photo, and Rev. Day stuck around and helped us re-create the picture after the cake cutting. He was super! We still talk about him to this day (DH jokingly calls him "Captain Jack").

I'm Catholic but DH is not religious (was raised Methodist but doesn't practice) so we wanted something not too religious, but definitely wanted references to this being a holy sacrament in the sight of God. He perfectly incorporated what we wanted with one of his Jack's Pack ceremonies.

I don't know his denomination. I would suggest, if it's very important to you, send him an email and ask. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter