Jaleo or Toledo for Birthday dinner

wdwdano@yahoo.com

Theme Park Commando
I love Spanish food. I am going down to stay for a week and I would like to know if anyone has eaten these two places. Jose Andres is really an amazing chef but on the other hand the rooftop dining is also spectacular.

I am trying to compare pro/cons. Perhaps I will eat at both on this trip?

I have not been to either restaurant so I can't help as to which is better.... however, having been to two Jose Andres restaurants in my life (DC & Vegas) and having incredible culinary experiences at both, I think you can't go wrong with Jose Andres. I've heard mixed reviews on Toledo, depending upon what you order, but have only heard great things on Jaleo since it has opened.

Eat at both! :)

You had me at Jamon and Paella! :) I was amazed when traveling in Spain. Jamon is EVERYWHERE. Great decision by the Spanish

I haven’t been to either but the reviews on Toledo have been mixed and I’ve heard nothing but great things about Jaleo- enjoy whatever you decide!

I haven't tried Toledo, but Jaleo really exceeded my expectations. Who knew that a seemingly simple bread with tomato could be so amazing? We also loved the patatas bravas and the grilled asparagus -- best asparagus I have ever had. Surprisingly, the Gambas a la Zahara was just ok. It may have been that we let the shrimp sit a bit too long before digging in. Our server was also excellent.

If you want amazing Spanish food than Jaleo is definitely your place. Never done the Orlando one, but they are an institution in our area and we have never been disappointed. Early reviews of Toledo are decent, but I'd do spanish food done by a Spaniard and one of the worlds most highly regarded Chefs over Disney any day of the week.

I love Spanish food. I am going down to stay for a week and I would like to know if anyone has eaten these two places. Jose Andres is really an amazing chef but on the other hand the rooftop dining is also spectacular.

Haven’t done Toledo’s yet but if it is half as good as Jaleel’s, it’s a winner too.

Haven’t done Toledo’s yet but if it is half as good as Jaleo’s it’s a winner too.

Reporting back, they had a great option at Jaleo. There was a Jaleo experience or some prefix choices.

This was certainly a great night for my birthday. I had a chef's tasting. The meal started off with a Pan de Crystal - then went to the bacon-wrapped dates, followed by the chicken croquettes, and Paella and then dessert. Everything but the dates was my favorite. It was not balanced with the bacon and was too sweet. I LOVED the Paella the most. That was amazing. I will be going back here. Also had the salt air margarita. That was delicious. Also had some other drink with Rum. Very tasty overall.

Reporting back, they had a great option at Jaleo. There was a Jaleo experience or some prefix choices.

This was certainly a great night for my birthday. I had a chef's tasting. The meal started off with a Pan de Crystal - then went to the bacon-wrapped dates, followed by the chicken croquettes, and Paella and then dessert. Everything but the dates was my favorite. It was not balanced with the bacon and was too sweet. I LOVED the Paella the most. That was amazing. I will be going back here. Also had the salt air margarita. That was delicious. Also had some other drink with Rum. Very tasty overall.
Glad to hear you had such a great time at Jaleo, thank you for the update. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

I've done both and love both :). Jaleo is really good. The servings were bigger than what I expected and a more casual vibe. Toledo was really good too. It's a rooftop restaurant on the 16th floor with a more upscale feel to it. Service was amazing and the views are beautiful. The portions here are smaller and the flavors a little more subtle. As PP suggested. Take a look at some pictures and reviews and see which one appeals to you :goodvibes

So glad to read these. I really want to try Spanish food when I go. I have reservations at Jaleo and was going to change to Toledo, but going to stay with Jaleo. I might try Toledo later in the week if there is availability.

We haven’t been to Toledo’s but have been to Jaleos twice. In our view the best two meals we have ever had in DW.

We have done both. Wouldn't hesitate to go back to either. I give the edge to Toledo just for the view.

We have not done either, but have ADRs at Jaleo in 2 weeks and are really excited to try it. The menu looks amazing.

Does the paella change every day? My DH would like to go but he is afraid it will be a "weird" type of paella that night. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter