Jamaica excursions

My daughter and I did the slow tubing down the river. It was nice and slow and relaxing. It was This past August. If you are more adventurous, there is a faster tubing and white water rafting.

Dunns Rivers Fall. It was amazing and we had so much fun. Families of all ages were there. I just spoke to two people today that have been to Jamaica for vacation (not on cruises) and one of there highlights were the falls and climbing up them

Mystic Mountain Bobsled or Zip-line, and Dunn River Falls excursion if possible.

It is a 45 minute ride each way, but it's worth it, IMO.

Or the other items stated above.

HTH

I have never been to Jamaica....what is the best thing to do there for a family?

How old are your children?

We were there in October and hired a private tour company to take us to the Blue Hole. It's a series of water falls...you climb up and then can 'jump' down from falls to falls. Each group is assigned a guide when you get there. (You don't have to jump for the higher falls...) Anyway, the youngest kids in our group were 10/11 years old and they had a blast. It's so beautiful...we would definitely do this again!

we hired ionie mcbeam to take us to dunn river falls, tubing, and a beach. We really enjoyed ourselves

We just got off the Disney Magic (western caribbean sailing) and LOVED our Dunn River Falls excursion. It was a blast. Our tour guide said that it was the number 1 most popular tourist attraction in Jamaica, and I can see why.

we rented a day room at the Hilton rose hall resort which included the room, food and beverage for the day. it was nice to have an extra big pool to play in plus there is a lazy river to float around in. I would only recommend this if your looking for a relaxing day. we all loved it and would do it again.

Another vote for Dunn River Falls. My DS 9 and DS 4 climbed the falls with me and it was awesome.

I like Mystic Mountain as well. My DS 4 was too young for us to do the zip line, but it looked like a great time.

Just got off the Magic on Sunday. We did the Dunn's River Falls and Jamaican Bobsleds. I work on the ships and have done a TON of excursions and I have to say this was one of the best!

Our guide at the Falls was Tammy (I'm pretty sure that's her name). She's the only female guide and she's amazing!

We did a private excursion to Irie Blue Hole, aka Secret Falls through Liberty Tours. Note that none of the cruise lines offer this excursion, which I think is great.

Our guide met us at the the port then took us on an approximately 45 minute drive pointing out areas of interest along the way. When we arrived at the location, we were assisted by lifeguards who helped us down to the falls and took pictures of us with our cameras during our time there, approximately two hours.

The area was beautiful and secluded! There were a couple of other groups there as well, but nowhere near the crowds we've seen at Dunns River Falls. We had an awesome time jumping from the rope swing, swimming in the cool water and just hanging out in paradise.

After our time at the falls, our guide took us to Scotchies for some authentic jerk chicken and pork, rum punch for the adults! After lunch we headed back, stopping along the way for photo ops. We arrived back in Falmouth and had plenty of time for shopping.

Whatever you decide, I highly recommend a private excursion. The tour companies are very cognizant of the time, they don't want you the miss the ship any more than you do. Their tour business is how they put food on the table so the last thing they want are negative reviews on the internet due to not getting their group back in time. They offer a personalized experience that just can't be duplicated by the cruise lines. We walked right past all the huge groups waiting in the heat for their cruise excursion directly to our air conditioned private vehicle and were on our way to start our day.

If you would like more info, feel free to PM me.:)

Just got off the Magic on Sunday. We did the Dunn's River Falls and Jamaican Bobsleds. I work on the ships and have done a TON of excursions and I have to say this was one of the best! Our guide at the Falls was Tammy (I'm pretty sure that's her name). She's the only female guide and she's amazing!
Have you ever done the Amazing Race adventure there? I think it sounds really fun.

Are your kids adventurous eaters?
I did a tasting tour in Sept. and it was fun. It was a walking tour. You got to try local cuisine and hear a little history too.

We're trying to figure out which Dunn's River Fall excursion to do...

Is the Dolphin Cove worth it?
Is the lunch worth it?

Just got off the Magic on Sunday. We did the Dunn's River Falls and Jamaican Bobsleds. I work on the ships and have done a TON of excursions and I have to say this was one of the best!

Our guide at the Falls was Tammy (I'm pretty sure that's her name). She's the only female guide and she's amazing!

Was swimming involved? This excursion looks amazing, but I can't swim.

Have you ever done the Amazing Race adventure there? I think it sounds really fun.

I gave to my son and his GF.
They liked it BUT they tell you wear swim suits and water shoes. They never hit the water . Only 1 person did they kayaking. They did do the zip line
BUT some people did neither the Zip Line or Kayaking.
It is a lot of money $169 to do tasks which they said was fun but not what they expected.

I really recommend Dunns River Falls in Jamaica. My family did it on our cruise in May and it was a great excursion. My parents are both in there mid to early 40s, my brother was 11 and I was 15 and it worked really well for all 4 of us. Make sure you wear a sturdy bathing suit and I would definetly invest in some water shoes. I would also say to do this excursion you have to be up to taking some chances. They do some stops in some deeper parts of the falls and do little "activities" so your family would have to be up to these "surprises". All in all I think this excursion is one of the best ones I've been on and you feel great when your done with it, I would definetly recommend it!

On our 11/30 cruise we did the Bobsled/Ziplines with our DS13 and DS17 and despite pouring down rain, we loved every second of the excursion.

My boys are great swimmers and love to jump off the diving board. They are 6.5 and 5 at time of travel. Dunn Falls good for them? How is the climb? We will have to 60+ not physically active in our party, will they be able to do it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter