• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

#JAMbalaya #Pandamonium WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Report! (Updated: 2/27/19)

Congrats and great recap (as always)
Reading this makes me want to run the full so bad now...mostly because it shows all the fun parts and it’s easy to forget about all the hard work in between the mile markers!

How cool was it that all 4 of you rode the first expedition train of the race. That’s bragging rights worthy.

I’m jealous of your bling and your margarita :)
Thanks!

You definitely should do the full someday whether it’s part of dopey, goofy or just on its own. As you know they aren’t easy but the Disney Full has so many parts that make you forget how hard it is.

Definitely will be bragging of that for a while!

Dopey 2020? ;)

I love reading your trip reports! Congrats on a great weekend of races! I just finished reading your Wine & Dine report too. I ran the 5K & 10K that weekend, but had much more down time! Lol You always manage to pack your days completely full and seemingly stay happy!

I love reading your trip reports! Congrats on a great weekend of races! I just finished reading your Wine & Dine report too. I ran the 5K & 10K that weekend, but had much more down time! Lol You always manage to pack your days completely full and seemingly stay happy!
Thanks! Yeah I always try to make the most of all my trips. I’m usually exhausted by the end but it’s always worth it to me.

Congrats on the Dopey. Your rhyming seemed to tire out as the miles wore on, though to your credit, only so many words can rhyme with teen.

You make the marathon sound like so much fun! Getting to ride EE and then crossing the finish line with a margarita...it was really entertaining to read about all these cool touches you included in your race.

You make the marathon sound like so much fun! Getting to ride EE and then crossing the finish line with a margarita...it was really entertaining to read about all these cool touches you included in your race.
That’s why I love Disney races. You can make them whatever you want them to be. You can run for a PR or just have fun.

Great pictures to finish the race! Congrats again!!
I saw some people in the background of your pictures that had pants and long sleeves on- I couldn't believe how many people I saw on the course waaaay overdressed. I was hot just looking at them!

Reading this makes me want to run the full so bad now...mostly because it shows all the fun parts and it’s easy to forget about all the hard work in between the mile markers!
You absolutely have to run it!! It was even more incredible than I imagined :)

Baby Stella just wants to play!

"It was time for the tour. There were I believe 14 people on the tour which is the max. I chatted with an older couple from Florida who said their son bought the tour for them and they did the Wild Africa Trek recently as well. That tour is certainly on the list."

I highly recommend the Wild Africa Trek - its been my favorite of all the tours other than Holiday D-Lights (Im a christmas nerd haha)

Great pictures to finish the race! Congrats again!!
I saw some people in the background of your pictures that had pants and long sleeves on- I couldn't believe how many people I saw on the course waaaay overdressed. I was hot just looking at them!

You absolutely have to run it!! It was even more incredible than I imagined :)

Thanks! Yeah people with long clothes on was crazy.

I highly recommend the Wild Africa Trek - its been my favorite of all the tours other than Holiday D-Lights (Im a christmas nerd haha)

The trek is definitely on my to do list.

Those are some epic finish photos with the margarita in hand! I bet it tasted amazing after all those miles :)

624010FD-BBCC-4639-A8E1-328ED0168AAA.jpeg
So funny story! My son’s preschool teacher ran the marathon and I let her bib number in my photopass since I’ve got an AP. She and I were talking once we were back about her photos and she says “I couldnt believe the amount of people crossing the finish line with drinks!” and shows me this photo for reference

I laughed out loud when I saw it saying “Wait a minute. I know that guy!”

View attachment 380464
So funny story! My son’s preschool teacher ran the marathon and I let her bib number in my photopass since I’ve got an AP. She and I were talking once we were back about her photos and she says “I couldnt believe the amount of people crossing the finish line with drinks!” and shows me this photo for reference

I laughed out loud when I saw it saying “Wait a minute. I know that guy!”
OMG! That’s hilarious and awesome! Must’ve just got my photo with the announcers.

Mile 22 (insert Taylor Swift song)
LOLOLOL. I was definitely not feeling 22 at that point.

Stopping at Team Margarita meant I walked the rest of the way for the most part cause I couldn't waste margarita!
Atta boy!

Jenna did awesome on her first marathon.
BRB, crying again. You're so sweet.

Next year Marathon goal is finishing with a dang Margarita. I'm so jelly.

LOLOLOL. I was definitely not feeling 22 at that point.

Atta boy!

BRB, crying again. You're so sweet.

Next year Marathon goal is finishing with a dang Margarita. I'm so jelly.
Lol, TSwift makes everyone feel 22.

You are gonna get that margarita finish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter