• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo house recommendations

Princesspixi

Mouseketeer
Hello, I'll be staying at AKL-Jambo house next month. It's my first stay with our points!
We are staying in a studio savanah view. I'm going with 2 kids (ages 7&11). It's their first visit to the World. I want to make sure they get the best experience.
Are there any room requests I should make or are most savanah view created equal? TIA

I am wondering this same thing, my 2 DDs and I will be staying in Jambo Savanah view also in a studio next June.

The most popular request would probably be Zebra trail, Arusha savanna view.
Zebra trail because it's most convenient to the pool & Mara. Arusha view because it's the middle savanna.
As an owner you'll have many visits & have views of all the savannas over time - so to me it seems less critical that I get the 'best' view this time as I know I'll be back :)
Arusha and Uzima savannas are the same size @ 11 acres each. Uzima is more long and narrow, though. Uzima villas are on Zebra trail. Sunset savanna is the largest @ approx. 18 acres and savanna view villas w/ Sunset savanna view are all on Kudu trail. Arusha view villas are on both Zebra and Kudu trails.
The above applies to Jambo, btw.
Note the online request options are pretty limited so if you want to request a specific view or trail best to call member services and have it noted in your reservation. Because DVC is often pretty solidly booked it's a bit harder to have requests met on points stays due to less available inventory.

Fourth floor because the lower floors are not DVC and the fifth floor is the five two bedroom lockoff concierge villas.

Fourth floor because the lower floors are not DVC and the fifth floor is the five two bedroom lockoff concierge villas.

I think you are off by a floor. The DVC villas are all on the fifth floor and the DVC concierge or club level rooms on are the sixth floor.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html

We stayed at Jambo House last fall on the Zebra Trail just after the elevator. It was a great location. We could see lots of animals and the elevator exited right at the pool level near Mara.

How do you know if your reservation is DVC level? I have a reservation that I booked online (not a DVC owner/member). Are there Jambo House - Deluxe Studio - Savanna View that are on all floors?

How do you know if your reservation is DVC level? I have a reservation that I booked online (not a DVC owner/member). Are there Jambo House - Deluxe Studio - Savanna View that are on all floors?
You are actually booked at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas (AKV) - Jambo House which is a DVC Resort. Since you have a Savanna View Studio booked at AKV Jambo House, it will be on the 5th floor.

A "lock off" has a connecting door (shut and locked) to a one bedroom next to it, so that, if necessary in the reservation, the door can be unlocked to make a 2 BR. Occasionally the lock offs are noisier, but if there's any noise, a rolled up towel takes care of it. Frankly, I've stayed many times in studios and I usually don't pay attention to whether I'm in a lock-off or dedicated, it doesn't make any difference to me. However, maybe someone who's a very light sleeper might notice. Is there any other difference besides the door?

I think you are off by a floor. The DVC villas are all on the fifth floor and the DVC concierge or club level rooms on are the sixth floor.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html

We stayed at Jambo House last fall on the Zebra Trail just after the elevator. It was a great location. We could see lots of animals and the elevator exited right at the pool level near Mara.
Oh, gosh, Denise. You are totally right. Too little sleep, too much work. Thanks for correcting it.

Base your request on which Savannah you think you would like the best (because not all animals in on every savannah) or maybe on distance from pool, etc if that is more important to you. For us, giraffes were top priority and the walk to and from the pool, etc didn't worry us, especially as it was broken up by huge picture windows and art work, etc. And wherever you can view from your room, there are multiple public viewing spots to see anything you miss, accessible from the lobby, e.g.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter