Jambo House "Standard View"

gdrj

Boardwalk owner since 1999
Just made resv for 2 days at Jambo Standard View (for a family member). Are there any requests that could/should be made. It gives me the option of requesting Request Kudu Trail Section as well as 5th Floor. Not sure if either one really applies to a Standard View.

Thanks

I know that all Jambo house DVC studios are 5th floor. I see that the Kudu Trail section appears to be where a few savannah view, reclassified to standard view studios are. The only disadvantage there is that you're further from Mara. But great view!

I think i had a standard studio on the 4th floor. It was one of the reclassified savanna views.

I would ask for the obstructed savanna view

I think i had a standard studio on the 4th floor. It was one of the reclassified savanna views.
DVC rooms are on the 5th and 6th floors. The 6th floor rooms are Concierge.

Rooms on the 4th floor and lower are AKL hotel rooms. There are also a few AKL hotel rooms on the 5th floor, facing the parking lot.

I would ask for the obstructed savanna view

From the outsid, it may appear like 4th floor. To eliminate any possibility of waking up with a zebra in your room ;) there are no 1st floor savannah view rooms.

hakepb said:
From the outsid, it may appear like 4th floor. To eliminate any possibility of waking up with a zebra in your room ;) there are no 1st floor savannah view rooms.

I suppose youre right... Having watched the "Hangover".... It didnt look fun to wake up with a tiger in your room:)

I just went in December and reserved a standard view room and received a pool view on 5th floor. Beautiful view and I much appreciated the free upgrade. :cool1::thumbsup2

Just made resv for 2 days at Jambo Standard View (for a family member). Are there any requests that could/should be made. It gives me the option of requesting Request Kudu Trail Section as well as 5th Floor. Not sure if either one really applies to a Standard View.

Thanks
All of the Standard View rooms in Jambo House are on the 5th floor and most of them (formerly all of them) face the pool area. Recently they reclassified some of the Savanna View rooms to Standard View. The Jambo House rooms that were reclassified are over a "people pen" or next to an emergency exit outside stairway that blocks part of the view but you do get to see animals from those rooms.

There is no point requesting "5th floor" because there is no other option. The pool view rooms are on the Zebra Trail so I suppose if you requested Kudu Trail that might increase the chances of a reclassified room rather than a pool view room if you think they would prefer that.

Some people prefer the pool view rooms because they like being close to the lobby. Some of the reclassified rooms are all the way out at the end of the Kudu and Zebra trails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter