Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just for clarification, what do you mean by override the system?

They can turn override the motion sensor turning off the system.

Maintenance came and changed the lowest setting from 68 to 65. Is that the override?

No, that does nothing to override the motion sensor turning off the system.

Or were they supposed to override the motion sensor?

Yes. Well we always have them do both. Override the motion sensor and lower the lowest setting.

Because I’m lying here in bed and it sounds like the system shut off again. :(

Thanks for your help.

Another call to maintenance is in order.

They can turn override the motion sensor turning off the system.

No, that does nothing to override the motion sensor turning off the system.

Yes. Well we always have them do both. Override the motion sensor and lower the lowest setting.

Another call to maintenance is in order.

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it.

After my posts last night, the system kicked on so the motion sensor must have been overridden. Although it never gets down to the set temp.

However, after another crummy night of sleep, we decided to cancel our morning plans to allow for a nap. This time we opened the balcony door to let the fresh, cool breeze in and that seemed to have helped a lot. I’m starting to think it’s not the heat, it’s the stagnant air. The room is just so stuffy.

I’m sorry for all the complaints. :worried:

Anyone know what the pool hours will be this month? Leaving in 2 weeks!

Right now the pool closes at 8, and Uzima Springs Pool bar closes at 7. A CM said the summer hours will start next week. I’m not sure what exactly those hours are, I’ll try to find out for you.

new.gif
Animal Kingdom Lodge is now offering a Bush Camp for kids, with games, activities, food tasting, and crafts, as well as the chance to explore animals on the savanna and play with a character from the Lion King. The camp is offered on Saturdays,
1-4 p.m. at Simba's Cubhouse, and costs $70 plus tax ($20 goes to Wildlife Conservation Fund). You can make reservations by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
Is Bush Camp for kids still available at Simba's Cubhouse?

won't a piece of paper on a string (or floss) taped in front of the sensor do the trick for the motion control AC? I've use that at other resorts that have motion sensors. The blowing of the air keeps the paper moving.

won't a piece of paper on a string (or floss) taped in front of the sensor do the trick for the motion control AC? I've use that at other resorts that have motion sensors. The blowing of the air keeps the paper moving.

This seems like it would work, and I hope it does! I will probably try this when we are down in November. While I understand that motion sensor cooling and heating probably saves energy, I don't understand having it in Florida where you have to swim through the air most months!

This seems like it would work, and I hope it does! I will probably try this when we are down in November. While I understand that motion sensor cooling and heating probably saves energy, I don't understand having it in Florida where you have to swim through the air most months!

Someone else told me to give this a try -- hold down the main button and Off, and watch display to make sure it goes off. Then, hit ON to turn it back on and adjust temperature where you want it.

F9624E8C-CB08-4D0E-A759-C1DBA19A2F8A.JPG IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG F9624E8C-CB08-4D0E-A759-C1DBA19A2F8A.JPG IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG
Going solo for 2 days in Sept and considering staying here. Does anyone thing the Savanna view is worth an extra 140$ a night? Won't be in the room much other than to shower and sleep.
Just returned Saturday night after a week at ALK Jambo. We booked a standard room. We got a Savannah view! The room is 3112. The room to our left was a Savannah room. We had the exact same view in a standard room. Giraffes, Zebras, Antelopes, all in my back yard.

We booked a standard room. We got a Savannah view! The room is 3112.
Cool pictures! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had what they consider a partial view because of that roof structure, maybe? But sure looks savanna view to me, too!

This may be a dumb question since it's a deluxe resort, but are there any rooms that don't have a balcony? I was looking at TP and the view from some of the standard rooms looks so awful, I wondered if it was possible those rooms don't even have a balcony (specifically looking at the standard rooms near the lobby).
The rooms on the ground floor have little patios with the same chairs and table.

Hi there! We are staying at Kidani Village in November. Are there laundry facilities? I didn't see any indicated on the map on the first few pages... :laundy:
There are two laundry areas that I know of. One on the Kudu Trail (Level 2) and one on the Zebra Trail (Level 1). They are indicated on a detailed map:

aklodge07.JPG

View attachment 306913 View attachment 306914 View attachment 306915 View attachment 306916 View attachment 306915 View attachment 306916 View attachment 306913 View attachment 306914 View attachment 306914 View attachment 306915 View attachment 306916
Just returned Saturday night after a week at ALK Jambo. We booked a standard room. We got a Savannah view! The room is 3112. The room to our left was a Savannah room. We had the exact same view in a standard room. Giraffes, Zebras, Antelopes, all in my back yard.

Awesome photos, thank you very much for all the info. Now its time to book something!

There are two laundry areas that I know of. One on the Kudu Trail (Level 2) and one on the Zebra Trail (Level 1). They are indicated on a detailed map:

aklodge07.JPG

Thanks for responding! From what I can tell from research there should be some at Kidani Village too but knowing where these are help for sure!!

View attachment 306913 View attachment 306914 View attachment 306915 View attachment 306916 View attachment 306915 View attachment 306916 View attachment 306913 View attachment 306914 View attachment 306914 View attachment 306915 View attachment 306916
Maalca - GREAT Pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter