• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I have seen some people post that they are disappointed with the pool closure but they rented points and are unable to switch...what if someone else wanted to take over the reservation? Is that even possible? I personally would love to rent points December 3-7 I put in a request and was told there was no availability. I checked dedicated reservations and no luck there either...

Leaving Wednesday for our Jambo House Savanna View trip, what's the best way to request an Arusha view on the Zebra trail? I've never been one for requests (other than a king bed) but in the online check-in I didn't see anywhere to ask for a specific trail or savanna.
I believe Disney assigns your room a few days in advance, so at this point might be too late. You could call Disney reservations and ask them to notate your requests on your reservation or perhaps go to the AKL front-desk upon your arrival to see if they could assign that room location if it is available. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip!

Assuming your plane is on time, I always assume it'll take about 1/2 hr. to deplane, make my way to the DME area, board the bus then wait until the bus fills before we depart for WDW.
There is no set order for resort drop offs, but IME AKL is last, usually there are stops at some combination of the all stars/pop/AOA, CSR or maybe CBR before the bus heads to AKL. Others report being first to be dropped off - but in my multiple trips I've always been last.
I assume 2 hours total, you have 3 hr.s, so I think you'll be fine.

Thanks for the advice from all of you. I hope I’ve seen them all, it’s hard to sift through all of pool posts the last few days.

I was looking to see if anyone had information on appeasement FP's and how that worked with the Uzima pool refurbishment. Has anyone here had experience with obtaining a FP for pool downtime on their stays and if so what were these fastpasses valid for ride wise and time wise?

Thanks in advance,

Will be staying at Kidani Village. Does anyone know if they sell the h2o soaps in the shop there? Got the sea salt one last time at Disney at one of the other hotels (GF) Wondering if they sell it there or will I have to go elsewhere to pick it up.
Also, will Magical Express drop us off at Kidani Village or does everyone get off at Jambo House?
Thanks.

Will be staying at Kidani Village. Does anyone know if they sell the h2o soaps in the shop there? Got the sea salt one last time at Disney at one of the other hotels (GF) Wondering if they sell it there or will I have to go elsewhere to pick it up.
Also, will Magical Express drop us off at Kidani Village or does everyone get off at Jambo House?
Thanks.
They will drop you off at Kidani Village

Staying at AKL Club Level and want to request a room with the Q and bunk beds. Has anyone stayed in that type of room? Debating whether to use the faxed room request feature on another site or just simply make the Q and bund bed request through MDE.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Staying at AKL Club Level and want to request a room with the Q and bunk beds. Has anyone stayed in that type of room? Debating whether to use the faxed room request feature on another site or just simply make the Q and bund bed request through MDE.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I don't believe that's an option during Online Check In. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add a request to your reservation of "Bunk Beds please". This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I would contact DSS since it is a club level stay :thumbsup2

Hi! Help needed please! So to save money we always stayed off property. This summer I am graduating with a Masters so everyone chipped in to send me, my fiancé and my mom to Animal Kingdom Lodge in Sept. It’s been booked for over a year now, but we just found out that there is massive refurbs starting the day we arrive. The entire pool complex is shut! It is not the holiday we paid for. We think we should get either an upgraded room or a discount. What should we do? Any suggestions? My dream holiday is turning into a bit of a nightmare!
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

Hi! Help needed please! So to save money we always stayed off property. This summer I am graduating with a Masters so everyone chipped in to send me, my fiancé and my mom to Animal Kingdom Lodge in Sept. It’s been booked for over a year now, but we just found out that there is massive refurbs starting the day we arrive. The entire pool complex is shut! It is not the holiday we paid for. We think we should get either an upgraded room or a discount. What should we do? Any suggestions? My dream holiday is turning into a bit of a nightmare!
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

Compose an email voicing your displeasure with the fact that a once in a lifetime trip will not be the same with the planned closure of one of the pools. Start with these:

Guest Relations
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Chief Executive of Walt Disney World Resort
George Kalogridis
CEO
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com

1f62d.png
1f62d.png

I've just had an email from Virgin Holidays telling me this. If you've not booked direct, Disney will do nothing. You need to take it up with your agent.

We had the same thing with WL a few years ago, VH moved us to Beach Club for £10.

However this time we are traveling the weekend after thanksgiving, and availability is going to be difficult. I am awaiting VH's response!

Well, I rebooked due to the pool rehab (December is in the "winter months") at the Boardwalk Villas, then changed my mind. Back at AKL, and will just make the trek to the Villas for the pool. I just don't think my other half would be excited by BWI theming or one of us needing to use the sofa sleeper. Now, if we could get into the Poly for the same price...that would be different!

Thank you for the pool information. I just emailed guest relations and asked for a different resort. I suspect I will be out of luck because we rented standard DVC. We are going in early September and I do not do that well in heat. I can manage but the pool break is needed. I cannot imagine wanting to go to Jambo after a morning in the parks, getting everyone changed, shuttling to Kidani, fighting for chairs in a packed small pool, before shuttling back to Jambo to go out again. Doing this every afternoon is not what I would call a relaxing vacation. I wish they could have announced this sooner so we could have booked elsewhere.

I just read that a part of Stormalong bay is going to be closed end of summer into Fall so they can put up cabanas. Sounds like a lot of the pools are having some sort of work done.

Thank you for the pool information. I just emailed guest relations and asked for a different resort. I suspect I will be out of luck because we rented standard DVC. We are going in early September and I do not do that well in heat. I can manage but the pool break is needed. I cannot imagine wanting to go to Jambo after a morning in the parks, getting everyone changed, shuttling to Kidani, fighting for chairs in a packed small pool, before shuttling back to Jambo to go out again. Doing this every afternoon is not what I would call a relaxing vacation. I wish they could have announced this sooner so we could have booked elsewhere.

Unfortunately, if you rented DVC you are out of luck. You're renting points through the person with the DVC points, not through Disney.

I just read that a part of Stormalong bay is going to be closed end of summer into Fall so they can put up cabanas. Sounds like a lot of the pools are having some sort of work done.
Oh no! Do you happen to know the dates for that closure and what areas will be affected?

Unfortunately, if you rented DVC you are out of luck. You're renting points through the person with the DVC points, not through Disney.

Thanks I was afraid of that. This will be a negative I will remember about renting DVC.

Can anyone share their experience on how the GF pool was when Poly was closed or in a similar situation? Preferably when it was hot. I'm thinking about chair availability, water slide lineups, room in the pool, etc.

I'm considering if I should bring an extra backpack to the parks with swimwear and a change of clothes. Then head to a waterpark for the midday break instead of the resort. Not much point in staying at a deluxe with that plan.

Where are you reading this? We will be there in July and September and I would like to be prepared.

I do not. It was posted on a different forum. When it was questioned, the person said to check the TA information pages w/ disney. TAs came back and said yes.. that it was announced to TAs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter