Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Right! Just wanted to provide real life experiences that I actually timed instead of hyperbole posted by those that were aggravated and 20 minutes felt like 45.

I appreciate that.

I have exact arrival times because I snapped a pic leaving POP while it was still dark out at 6:30 am then took another pic when we arrived at MK at 7am while the sun rise.

I didn’t realize how long the bus ride took until I noted the photo times.

I just assumed that AKL is further than POP that the bus ride would be longer.

I’m happy to hear it’s not so bad.

How's the room service at AKL? We are in Kidani but am guessing it will be similar to Jambo. Food hot, fresh, timely?

I appreciate that.

I have exact arrival times because I snapped a pic leaving POP while it was still dark out at 6:30 am then took another pic when we arrived at MK at 7am while the sun rise.

That's odd. After over 60 nights at CBR, which is right next to Pop, our longest MK ride was 19 minutes. And that was with an accident to go around. The Pop buses must take an odd route.

I appreciate that.

AKL and Pop are about the same distance from Magic Kingdom. AKL is just west of World Drive whereas Pop is east of World Drive. If it's farther, it's <1 mile difference.

....well, I just booked a spur-of-the-moment "mini" trip (Saturday to Tuesday) but we won't be staying at AKL after all....my DSis changed the ressies to WL....oh well....

That's odd. After over 60 nights at CBR, which is right next to Pop, our longest MK ride was 19 minutes. And that was with an accident to go around. The Pop buses must take an odd route.
....hmmmm....interesting.....ironically [when we stayed there], the SHORTEST ride to DTD (now DS) via bus was from the PoPC....

Just wanted to report that we had an AWESOME stay last week at AKL. We had debated between AKL and POFQ, booked FQ and switched literally a week before the trip. We were on the 3rd floor near the lobby on the Kudu Trail. Our room was extremely clean and mousekeeping came everday and did a great job.We would have liked to seen the USB port but hopefully they will be added with the upcoming refurb. The buses were fine. Only the MK bus seemed to be a hike because it is the furthest. We loved all of the activities that were offered and my son really loved the pool at both Jambo and we tried Kidani one morning which was awesome as well. Hope everyone with upcoming stays has just as great of time as we did.

I *love* the higher quality Israeli instants. I was so surprised, because I think instant coffee here is the grossest, but it was totally tasty, even iced.

Aren't they wonderful?! One of our best friends is Israeli and thats her daily coffee. We were visiting her in Florida a few years back and I was hooked! Thank goodness for Amazon!

....hey Brandi, could you add me to the July list [ at WL ]? :rotfl: I know it's only one day, but....what the hey.....;)

[WL 7/28-7/31]

Thankfully we're planning an AK-heavy trip this time (we just went to Disneyland in April), so AKL fits perfectly with our plans.

I would never stay there if the goal was an MK majority though. Wilderness Lodge is the best option for that IMO, because you get boat transportation but don't have to pay the monorail premium.
Yes, I heard that the buses from AKL to MK were the one "detraction" for staying at AKL. I think to circumvent the "Bus Lottery" for our visit to AKL, we will plan on using a minnie-vans to get us to MK, and then use the bus to return to AKL....

Yes, I heard that the buses from AKL to MK were the one "detraction" for staying at AKL. I think to circumvent the "Bus Lottery" for our visit to AKL, we will plan on using a minnie-vans to get us to MK, and then use the bus to return to AKL....

We used the busses in June two days Kidani to MK and back, and never had an issue.

It might be 5-10 minutes longer than the other resorts due to the distance. We have not had issues with the buses in terms of being available. For our two stays we found them better than POR (x2), BC and Poly in terms of availability. However, that can very much be the luck of the draw.

DizDaD7 is SUPPOSED to be leaving for WDW this evening...he found out his flight was CANCELED! Yikes! This seems to happen to him ALOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter