Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi. Can someone help me understand the difference between studios and standard rooms at AKL? Are there suites? I would love to take my family there but the prices have been a barrier. Am trying to find ways that we might swing it.

Thanks so much.

Hi. Can someone help me understand the difference between studios and standard rooms at AKL? Are there suites? I would love to take my family there but the prices have been a barrier. Am trying to find ways that we might swing it.

Thanks so much.

The standard rooms look like pretty traditional hotel rooms with two queen size beds. The studios have one queen size bed and a sleeper sofa so it gives you a little more room during the day. There are suites, depending on what you mean by suite. There are traditional hotel suites at AKL with separate bedroom and living areas. they are significantly more expensive than the traditional rooms. There are 1,2 and 3 bedroom condo style rooms at AKL with kitchens. These are also pricier than the hotel rooms and studios.

If the Jambo room refurbishments are not complete, does anyone have a sense of which areas have been completed?
I asked that question perhaps six times to various individuals. When CM's did not know the answer they transferred me, gave me other contact numbers, and suggested e-mail. All reported they do not know with the exception of Noalani (see above) who stated all rooms were completed. Immediately following her e-mail I thought I would use chat line and call again just to test the information I was given by Noalani. Each CM in one way or another stated they did not know the location of the completed rooms or stated there is no construction, room refurbishment etc etc. ongoing. Hence, the inconsistency and uncertainty of any reliable information from Disney. This forum and kind people who report back from their stays will be the ONLY reliable information we can hope for. I suggested to the CM's numerous times to talk with the room assigners, as they most certainly know their inventory for they are fulfilling requests (if possible) and assigning rooms based on reservations and the current inventory (they KNOW where the refurbished rooms are). Thus, wdw is purposely keeping us in the "dark". This excellent forum remains crucial to getting the most up to date information. Many have posted their current stays (see above). A BIG thanks to all out there who have posted and future guests who can give us "hands on" information in the near future.

I asked that question perhaps six times to various individuals. When CM's did not know the answer they transferred me, gave me other contact numbers, and suggested e-mail. All reported they do not know with the exception of Noalani (see above) who stated all rooms were completed. Immediately following her e-mail I thought I would use chat line and call again just to test the information I was given by Noalani. Each CM in one way or another stated they did not know the location of the completed rooms or stated there is no construction, room refurbishment etc etc. ongoing. Hence, the inconsistency and uncertainty of any reliable information from Disney. This forum and kind people who report back from their stays will be the ONLY reliable information we can hope for. I suggested to the CM's numerous times to talk with the room assigners, as they most certainly know their inventory for they are fulfilling requests (if possible) and assigning rooms based on reservations and the current inventory (they KNOW where the refurbished rooms are). Thus, wdw is purposely keeping us in the "dark". This excellent forum remains crucial to getting the most up to date information. Many have posted their current stays (see above). A BIG thanks to all out there who have posted and future guests who can give us "hands on" information in the near future.

They are not done at Jambo. As of yesterday there are reports on the DVC board that people are being moved from the value rooms to savanna rooms because the hallway where the value rooms are located on the 5th floor is still closed off due to construction with the resort rooms. Another poster there says she was contacted about a value room booked for valentines weekend and was moved to a savanna room in Kidani. There is one report on the DVC boards saying it should be done by March 1st, but no details regarding where that came from. Given what I saw mid last month, I would say March makes much more sense than early February.

They are not done at Jambo. As of yesterday there are reports on the DVC board that people are being moved from the value rooms to savanna rooms because the hallway where the value rooms are located on the 5th floor is still closed off due to construction with the resort rooms. Another poster there says she was contacted about a value room booked for valentines weekend and was moved to a savanna room in Kidani. There is one report on the DVC boards saying it should be done by March 1st, but no details regarding where that came from. Given what I saw mid last month, I would say March makes much more sense than early February.
Great info. Thank you.

Hi! Total lurker here but you guys have given me so much info for my vacation I thought I’d pass some along. We checked into Jambo house today. Work on the ostrich and giraffe trails is ongoing. Our room on the kudu trail is refurbished. Sanaa windows were uncovered when we ate there for lunch.

Hi! Total lurker here but you guys have given me so much info for my vacation I thought I’d pass some along. We checked into Jambo house today. Work on the ostrich and giraffe trails is ongoing. Our room on the kudu trail is refurbished. Sanaa windows were uncovered when we ate there for lunch.
Thank you @Lindley :) Hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of questions :)
Are you in a cash room or DVC,
which floor and what type of room.
Thank you in advance
:thumbsup2

Oooooh and I forgot to say.... Hope you have a wonderful vacation :cheer2:

No problem! I’m in a cash room. Standard view. We ended up with a partial savannah view over the people pen. Floor 3!

thanks for sharing :) we’re checking in to a set of standard rooms next week, so this is really helpful.

do you see any signs of the work on the dvc rooms?

thanks for sharing :) we’re checking in to a set of standard rooms next week, so this is really helpful.

do you see any signs of the work on the dvc rooms?
It’s super hard to tell since I don’t know exactly where they are. But they are doing outside work on the balconies of the rooms on both the giraffe and ostrich trails, so If they’re located there I’d say it’s a good bet they’re tied up in some of it.

It’s super hard to tell since I don’t know exactly where they are. But they are doing outside work on the balconies of the rooms on both the giraffe and ostrich trails, so If they’re located there I’d say it’s a good bet they’re tied up in some of it.

that’s what i meant to be asking :) I’m staying in a standard room, so really I’m curious how noticeable the work will be for us.

I hope we’re as lucky as you and we get a nice little partial view from our room!

Would anyone staying at AKL now, please post the current activity schedule, if you get a chance. Thanks!

I hear that the valet parking desk and airport check in desk areas and the lobby are next to get “ tarted up” as some of us Brits say. So I’m not optimistic of arriving at the resort sans construction fencing et al. I’m hoping it won’t impact too many guests for too long though. No matter how you look at it the “ Pixie dust “ signs are not great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter