Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

And wouldn't you know....We finally got an AKL CL Studio for 4 nights in a row for this September. I remember the excitement when I told my wife "Finally".

Well, not looking good.
Well just found they had CL availability in May 2021 so I pulled the trigger. So cancel the 9/17 - 9/24 MickeyT - AKL..... Moving on out to 5/25 - 5/29!

Can you update the "who's going" for me? We're being moved to Kidani Village, same dates (10/12-10/20). Now I have to go back and read all about KV, because all my research was about Jambo...

Can you update the "who's going" for me? We're being moved to Kidani Village, same dates (10/12-10/20). Now I have to go back and read all about KV, because all my research was about Jambo...
October
10/1 - 10/15 tinkerbell1991 - AKL
10/12 - 10/20 aml1676 - AKL
10/17 - 10/23 TheCars16 - AKL
10/20 - 11/3 kristenrice - AKL
10/21 - 10/28 Ismo -AKL
10/21 - 11/4 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare - AKL
10/30 - 11/6 DizDaD7 - SSR

I am hoping to keep our July 25-31 reservation at Jambo!
That is always your choice but optimistically Jambo house is not going to be open during this period.

The good news is that you can keep your existing reservation. Just show up on July 25 and you will moved (walked) to another resort. 99% chance that you will have heard from Disney before then and you should keep checking MDE resort details to see when / where you get moved.

Dave

That is always your choice but optimistically Jambo house is not going to be open during this period.

The good news is that you can keep your existing reservation. Just show up on July 25 and you will moved (walked) to another resort. 99% chance that you will have heard from Disney before then and you should keep checking MDE resort details to see when / where you get moved.

Dave
That won't be fun. We are renting a car and don't want to be driving to the wrong place. Plus I don't want a two story GV, thus Kidani is not desirable. Still holding out hope!
Checking DVC site and MDE daily! If I call them, they keep telling me they will move me, but I want to stay at Jambo if they are open, and I don't want to pay even more points for the other resorts that have one level GVs.

Reserved a value studio for 7/8 which hopefully will get changed to kidani for my son and I for the PH preview going to AK on 7/9
We will be back to Kidani on 7/24-7/26 splurged on a 2 bedroom villa since my sister was coming but now that might not happen. But it is still our 10 year anniv so I guess we are splurging for that.

Reserved a value studio for 7/8 which hopefully will get changed to kidani for my son and I for the PH preview going to AK on 7/9
We will be back to Kidani on 7/24-7/26 splurged on a 2 bedroom villa since my sister was coming but now that might not happen. But it is still our 10 year anniv so I guess we are splurging for that.
July
7/08 - Rxdr2013 - AKL
7/10 - 7/24 goofymom68 - Kidani
7/10 - jgl130 - AKL
7/16 - 7/22 Frederic Civish - Kidani
7/18 - 7/22 lissiemum - AKL
7/18 - 7/23 Dug720 - AKL
7/21 - 7/26 Julues123 - AKL
7/24 - 7/26 - Rxdr2013 - AKL
7/26 - 7/30 PortieOwner - Kidani
7/30 - 8/5 G719 - AKL

Quick question -- we have decided to rent a car for the first time for our July trip. What is the parking like at Jambo?

PS Could you add me to the list for a July trip to AKL (Jambo DVC villas) from 7/25-7/31, thanks!

We have never had a problem parking at Jambo House, it is very large parking area. There should be only a few cars if only the DVC units are actually open. No dining venues have a planned opening date or schedule in Jambo.

However we still don't have any official confirmation that Jambo House will even be open for your DVC reservation. I say your post earlier today that you heard from a MS rep that is was supposed to open on July 10th but that is what was announced in June for the June 22 opening of the DVC resorts. After that Disney removed any Jambo House references in their "Reopening Information".

Dave

We have never had a problem parking at Jambo House, it is very large parking area. There should be only a few cars if only the DVC units are actually open. No dining venues have a planned opening date or schedule in Jambo.

However we still don't have any official confirmation that Jambo House will even be open for your DVC reservation. I say your post earlier today that you heard from a MS rep that is was supposed to open on July 10th but that is what was announced in June for the June 22 opening of the DVC resorts. After that Disney removed any Jambo House references in their "Reopening Information".

Dave
Yup, keep waiting for clearer direction. I am sure their issue is that reservations are very fluid, especially now if people are canceling because of the COVID numbers.

The language about July 10 is still on their booking site, which is where I figured the poor MS person got it.
All Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World are now open with the exception of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House which will open July 10. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village is open and welcoming home Members and Guests. Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House prior to July 10, will be transferred to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open, however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located.

ETA: Thank you for the parking note!

Can anyone comment on the current pool hours for Kidani? I know I have read on a few other resorts that "feature" pools have hours, but "quiet" pools are 24hr. Since there AREN'T any quiet pools at AKL, are the feature pools open 24hr?

Can anyone comment on the current pool hours for Kidani? I know I have read on a few other resorts that "feature" pools have hours, but "quiet" pools are 24hr. Since there AREN'T any quiet pools at AKL, are the feature pools open 24hr?

You asked the same question I had. Crossing fingers in hopes the pool is open 24hrs. I prefer swimming without a throng of people.

Currently the main pools are open 11 AM - 9 PM. The official hours for the "Quite" pools are 7 AM - 11 PM.

The key challenge is that a small number of guests tend to ruin the chance for 24 hr pool access by making excessive noise late at night.

Dave

We have 8 of us who are flying in to Orlando July 10th, for 5 days at Universal and then July 16th through the 22nds at Kidani. 2 Savannah View Studios.

We also have Savannah view, 2 Kidani Studios and a two bedroom, for 16 of us at Kidani October 1st through the 12th.

I expect we will still keep those, but my daughter called me last night, distraught, because her husband was telling her that we were going back too early, we should wait for the vaccine, and she was being selfish and putting our lives at risk. We are going to have a meeting today of everyone, to decide, but I expect we will all still be going.

Personally, I think Coronavirus is a bit more dangerous than a severe flu, but truthfully, not at all Deadly for most people. In fact, when you add in the number of cases of people who have caught it and don't know, I think it is very close to the flu, overall. That doesn't mean that people don't get sick and die. But that happens with many things. In the past, they used to call Pneumonia "The old man's friend." Because it killed 10% of the elderly people who caught it, AND STILL DOES, with high preference for those who are the most unwell. And that is exactly what Coronavirus is doing. So is Coronavirus worse?

But the biggest kicker for me is that there is lots and lots of evidence that if ALL people will just wear masks properly, over their mouths and noses, whenever they are in public, this pandemic would come to screeching halt. Really. And THAT is what government should be mandating. Until we get a good vaccine, even if that takes us a couple of years. There is excellent evidence that it is much safer to go somewhere like Disney World, where they screen you for health and mandate good mask usage AND limit the number of people, than to go to your local Wal-Mart or major Grocery Store, where half the people are walking around without masks. Frankly, THAT SCARES ME much more than a flight to Disney, on a plane full of people with masks, and walking around the park with decreased people, ALL wearing masks.

(posted this in another thread, copy & pasting it here)

We'll also be at Kidani (the last week of July). Just curious what there will be to do aside from going to the parks... some questions...

The Kidani pool will obviously be open... what about the Jambo pool?

Can we hang out in the Kidani lobby? How about the Jambo lobby?

Will there be frequent buses to the MK bus depot?

Can we hang out in the Kidani lobby?
Yes, subject to some furniture perhaps being removed to assist with distancing.

I think the answer to the rest of your questions is that no one knows yet. It depends when Jambo opens. There are no buses to anywhere other than Disney springs right now so no one knows what the frequency of buses to the parks will be.

(posted this in another thread, copy & pasting it here)

We'll also be at Kidani (the last week of July). Just curious what there will be to do aside from going to the parks... some questions...

The Kidani pool will obviously be open... what about the Jambo pool?

Can we hang out in the Kidani lobby? How about the Jambo lobby?

Will there be frequent buses to the MK bus depot?
We are also going at the end of July. As far as we know, the Jambo DVC villas (not resort side) will open July 10, but that is still an unknown.

Guests can use any of the public areas, pools, walkways for either Jambo or Kidani, whatever is open.

Assuming they do open Jambo, it will be only a small portion, just DVC villas. They said they would open the Jambo Pool (but not sure on pool bar) when that happens, and they would have an internal shuttle between Jambo and Kidani. But there would be no restaurants or merch at Jambo. Not sure how much will be in the Jambo lobby, but I would think it has to be open for guests to move through at least. They have a viewing area at Jambo lobby, hopefully that will be open. Nobody really knows bus service right now, they will run at reduced "social distancing" capacity, and I assume they will stop at both Jambo and Kidani. I heard that they are trying to keep the animals on their normal schedule, so that would imply that all the savannas will have the same animals.

I know there isn't a lot there right now, but it could change July 10 when parks open. And the whole pandemic issue adds a lot of uncertainty as well. And they may use the empty building to catch up on construction-type projects, who knows.

Here is what the DVC booking site says:
All Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World are now open with the exception of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House which will open July 10. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village is open and welcoming home Members and Guests. Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House prior to July 10, will be transferred to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open, however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located.

Quick question -- we have decided to rent a car for the first time for our July trip. What is the parking like at Jambo?

PS Could you add me to the list for a July trip to AKL (Jambo DVC villas) from 7/25-7/31, thanks!
July
7/08 - Rxdr2013 - AKL
7/10 - 7/24 goofymom68 - Kidani
7/10 - jgl130 - AKL
7/16 - 7/22 Frederic Civish - Kidani
7/18 - 7/22 lissiemum - AKL
7/18 - 7/23 Dug720 - AKL
7/21 - 7/26 Julues123 - AKL
7/24 - 7/26 - Rxdr2013 - AKL
7/25 - 7/31 Doingitagain - Jambo
7/26 - 7/30 PortieOwner - Kidani
7/30 - 8/5 G719 - AKL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter