Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

is there dishsoap in the studios? IIRC there was a SMALL bottle in the studio at BCV when we stayed there a year and a half ago, but if when we buy mugs I will definitely want to wash them before using for morning coffee. I'm wondering if I may need to add that to my walmart order......
When we were there 3 weeks ago there was. About the size of a small bottle of hand sanitizer.

is there dishsoap in the studios? IIRC there was a SMALL bottle in the studio at BCV when we stayed there a year and a half ago, but if when we buy mugs I will definitely want to wash them before using for morning coffee. I'm wondering if I may need to add that to my walmart order......
This is a bad photo, zoomed in on something else. The bottles are small but you can get more of them for free from housekeeping. The brand is Eco, if I recall. I bring small bottles of Palmolive that I hoarded from when they were the ones provided in room by DVC and I still take them with me from Residence Inn stays.

Q17awXq.png

Another tip I picked up from the Boards years ago specifically for mug washing was to buy cheap sponges and cut into quarters and add dish soap at home. Let dry and toss in a plastic baggie and you have instant mug washing supplies with your own preferred brands.

Edit: just looked under my sink and I had one of the Ecos bottles. Here’s a better photo

F461825D-ABB6-4A31-AA60-F68CF97CE4A0.jpeg

Currently booked at Jambo for November, is there a date for more of a reopening?

I find it pretty crazy that there are no food offerings.

Last edited:
Currently booked at Jambo for November, is there a date for more of a reopening?

No opening date yet. Closed indefinitely to cash reservations as of this time. But it is open to dvc stays.

...my DS had booked a split stay at the Riv and Jambo. However, when he checked into Jambo there was literally NO ONE is the entire place, besides a family of 3 and a single gentleman. He asked to be switched to Kidani, since NONE of the eateries were open, including the Victoria Falls Lounge and the pool bar. They were able to eat breakfast at Sanaa though.

Last edited:
How is the BBQ area at Kidani? (assuming it's at Kidani). That area at the poly and BW is really nice, but I've never seen AKL's. The lack of food made me wonder if that would be an option. Anyone have pictures or anything?

How is the BBQ area at Kidani? (assuming it's at Kidani). That area at the poly and BW is really nice, but I've never seen AKL's. The lack of food made me wonder if that would be an option. Anyone have pictures or anything?
....it is actually very nice but it's located in an area that isn't necessarily easily accessible.

Hi all we are staying at Jambo house for 2 nights in September. We have a standard view booked. I hear you can get a partial Savannah view with a standard view. Does anyone have any room recommendations? Thanks!

Hi all we are staying at Jambo house for 2 nights in September. We have a standard view booked. I hear you can get a partial Savannah view with a standard view. Does anyone have any room recommendations? Thanks!

If you request the Kudu trail you would be likely to get at least a partial savanna view. With Zebra you may get a pool view instead.

Just back after 2 nights at Kidani. I will echo what everyone else said the lack of food options is crazy. I know the Mara is away from Kidani but I feel they should at least open that for lunch and dinner or just open the pool bar at Jambo. Kidani was fairly quiet the pool was a little busy for these times so we did shuttle over to Jambo to use the pool there and it was much more comfortable spacing wise. However the no food at Jambo is a hinder so make sure you bring snacks and drinks if heading over. We amazon primed frozen pizzas and bagels and stuff cause we knew about the food situation so that helped. The busses were fine never packed and didn’t wait too too long. Only went to DAK and MK and went around opening and had only a handful of people on bus with us. All in all a great resort as always but they do need to figure out food options for guests.

I always recommend just requesting what you’re looking for right out in the open. “We are so looking forward to our stay and celebrating _______. We would love any partial savanna view! It would be great if we were close to ______ (if you have a secondary request). Thank you so much.”

....we've stayed in a standard room twice and got Zebra Trail room - once, we wound up with a pool view and the other time we were above the "people pen"; we did see many animals!

Last edited:
We have a 4 night stay coming up at Kidani, and with minimal quick service available are we able to drive to another resort to eat at a quick service? I know normally you can if you have a table service reservation, but under these circumstances I was kind of hoping maybe they would make an exception. I know we can take a bus to AK and then go to another resort and vise versa back, but I was hoping to save a bit of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter