Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

How was the pool situation been at AKL? Considering staying here end of August with my wife and two boys (7 and 5) but I'm a little leery of the fact that it seems like everything at the resort is closed.
Jambo pool was pretty empty, just a few families here and there. Kidani was busier and normal. Both pool bars are open, slides are open, lifeguards a plenty like normal.

How's the walk from Kidani to Jambo? Is there a good walking/jogging path at the resort (thinking similar to POR)?

With Jambo being so quiet, has anyone had an issue with delays at Bell Service? I have 4 nights booked in the middle of a split stay and will need to have my bags delivered after being sent from Pop and will later drop them off to be sent to the Contemporary. I’m also planning to order from Instacart. Anyone had an issue waiting forever for assistance?

With Jambo being so quiet, has anyone had an issue with delays at Bell Service? I have 4 nights booked in the middle of a split stay and will need to have my bags delivered after being sent from Pop and will later drop them off to be sent to the Contemporary. I’m also planning to order from Instacart. Anyone had an issue waiting forever for assistance?
Just once.

I was leaving early the next morning so packed up my Owners Locker early the evening before. Tried to call for over an hour to get bell services to come pick it up. I was on hold a couple of times then it dropped me. I finally got frustrated and walked down to the front desk. CM apologized and said she only had 2 bell men working and they were both at Kidani... said she’d send one as soon as they returned. Finally came about 15 minutes later.

Never did get an explanation for why they were clearly not answering their phone.

I’ve stayed at Jambo twice since Covid and will be there again in July... this is really the only issue I had with bell services... and I’ve transferred resorts twice and done Instacart orders without issue. So I’ll chalk it up to bad luck on the day.

Bags will be delivered by 5 pm. We had two bag transfers and both ran pretty close to 5 pm despite being dropped off in the early morning. Not ideal so plan accordingly.

Going to be at Jambo in December- does anyone think even if it is not fully open they will still decorate like they normally do for Christmas?

Does the Mara currently have cold brew available during their limited hours? If not I'm going to have to modify my grocery order...

We stayed at Kidani for a few days last week. Normally we love it. With so many restaurants, lounges closed, it was not the same vibe and just not as good as previous trips.
Nothing wrong with the room, loved the savannah view as well.

We stayed at Kidani for a few days last week. Normally we love it. With so many restaurants, lounges closed, it was not the same vibe and just not as good as previous trips.
Nothing wrong with the room, loved the savannah view as well.
What was the vibe?...Because it was too crowded? I've read that's a problem with Sanaa currently. Wonder if that spills into Kidani's small lobby/gift shop area...We have a trip planned the very end of Sept, before the Oct 50th/Nov onslaught.

Kidani was as busy as usual, but it just seemed very different. Sanaa was crazy busy. Nearly impossible to get in the lounge area as well. It was also lacking the evening firepit which was always fun to sit around.

We are looking to bus over to ride skyliner? maybe riviera , or 1 of the parks again just to ride the skyliner, no park day,
plus where can i find a mara menu, the 1 i found was not updated.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/mara/menus/This would probably be the most up to date menu. No idea how recent it was updated.
To ride the skyliner, I would take the bus to Hollywood studios. EPCOT puts you at the wrong end of the park as you need to be by the International Gateway for the Skyliner.
You could take the bus to Animal Kingdom, then take a bus to Beachclub or Boardwalk and get on the skyliner at the International Gateway.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2021 & 2022
If you have any updates please let me know…
May
5/2 - 5/6 Tinkerbelle83 - AKV
5/5 - 5/8 limace - Jambo
5/8 - 5/13 scottb88888 - Jambo
5/10 - 5/21 steg - Jambo
5/16 - 5/22 Kari2684 - AKV Jambo
5/25 - 5/29 MickeyT - AKL
June
5/29 - 6/5 AliceIn Kidani
5/31 - 6/8 Bluegoat - Jambo
6/7 - 6/10 Kerr84 - Kidani
6/19 - 6/21 lelesmith11 - Jambo
6/23 - 6/25 Tinkerbelle83 - Kidani
6/23 - 6/27 Calminthestorm - Jambo
6/25 - 7/1 DisneyDiana - Jambo
6/27 - 7/2 sabrecmc - AKL
July
7/11 - 7/19 preemiemama - AKV Jambo
August
8/5 - 8/19 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare Jambo
8/15 - 8/22 GinnyBear's_mom - AKL
8/17 - 8/21 Wayland10 - Kidani
8/18 - 8/25 myth2001 AKL
8/27 - 8/30 myth2001 - AKL
8/30 - 9/3 Naglejen - Kidani
September
9/5 - 9/11 ktink - Kidani
9/25 - 10/02 KT0191 - Kidani
9/26 - 9/30 DgBg100106 - BCV
October
10/7 - 10/14 chekhovgirl Jambo
10/10 - 10/15 karen4546 - AKV Jambo
10/11 - 10/17 Meglen - Jambo
10/19 - 10/27 Christine42566 - Jambo
November
11/14 - 11/19 Mlchiranky - Kidani
11/28 - 12/2 tcrandal - Kidani
December
11/28 - 12/2 tcrandal - Kidani
12/10 - 12/20 sndral - AKL
12/12 - 12/19 Brook~n~Matt - AKL
January
1/14 - 1/22 Mthomas628 - Kidani
February
March
April

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter