Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

The Zawadi Marketplace is the gift shop/store in Jambo right? We arrive next Wednesday 25th, didn't even think about it being closed. The Mara is open for Breakfast and Dinner still?

Also, I have a question about checking in. Is there a way to request a room closer to the lobby or elevator? We have stayed at the resort many times and know how large it is, but unfortunately, my husband just got injured, and any way to save him a few steps would help.

Yup, Zawadi Marketplace is the store and is still closed. If you need anything you have to go to Kidani. The Mara is open with a very limited menu for breakfast and dinner. If you want a refill on your mug from 11:30-5 you have to go to the pool bar.

Zawadi Marketplace looks almost ready, they were still unpacking boxes this afternoon. The store looked completely bare on Sunday morning. No matter how many times I try to rotate the picture it comes out sideways-sorry!

All of the hotel rooms are getting fresh linens and towels. They were working on the 4th floor yesterday.

Yup, Zawadi Marketplace is the store and is still closed. If you need anything you have to go to Kidani. The Mara is open with a very limited menu for breakfast and dinner. If you want a refill on your mug from 11:30-5 you have to go to the pool bar.

Zawadi Marketplace looks almost ready, they were still unpacking boxes this afternoon. The store looked completely bare on Sunday morning. No matter how many times I try to rotate the picture it comes out sideways-sorry!
View attachment 598280

All of the hotel rooms are getting fresh linens and towels. They were working on the 4th floor yesterday.
View attachment 598281
Oh wow, that's neat to see them filling everything up. Thanks for the pictures! Another question I have, do they still have the life jackets for the kids at the Jambo pool? I wasn't sure due to covid if they still offer them? If not we can pack ours for our little one.

We're at Jambo for Oct 2-4, and then over to Kidani from Oct 4 - 7. So really get to compare the rooms and locations!
Got Boma reservations, but honestly I an angsty about whether or not it's worth it's price with picky eaters?
I just did dinner last night with a picky eater and it was fantastic. They had a little bit of everything for everyone. We have breakfast reservations tomorrow.
We are planning a return trip for December.

Heads up to my fellow s’mores lovers, Kidani had the campfire tonight and I was informed they’ve been out of s’more kits for awhile and do t know when/if they are getting more. (We saved the day by bringing the graham crackers and pack of Hershey bars along with our bag of marshmallows)

Here is a map of the resort I found,

I arrive tonight and will be staying CL until Sunday. Most of my pix will be posted on the Club Level thread 1st then maybe later I’ll repost here FYI.

Any picture requests?

Land tonight at 9p.😁

I didn't see this thread until now, but I have to tell you all about the most "magical" experience we had at AKL last week! We happened to be out looking at the animals (Jambo) and saw a bunch of CMs. They obviously were setting up to do something. They said it was fine to stick around. They did a promo shoot for the opening of Boma and some videos. They let us stay out there and we got to see them doing the shoot (more like we couldn't escape once we were out there :rotfl2:) We had some great conversations. It was our day to check out so it was just a nice ending. Very cool experience.

Anyone have pictures of views from standard view? We are staying there in October and have stayed savanna view

Anyone have pictures of views from standard view? We are staying there in October and have stayed savanna view
Touring plans has some. Touringplans.com

Top in white background click on Walt Disney World.
Then on far right click on Disney World Hotels
Then scroll to Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House and click on the words.
Then last click on
Use our Exclusive room finder to see a resort map and find a great room.

Have fun its a cool tool!

We are booked for AKL CL Sept 4-8. It's our first time staying club level so I'm excited!
September
9/4 - 9/8 berries9 - AKL CL
9/5 - 9/11 ktink - Kidani
9/18 - 9/25/21 jomik1 - Jambo
9/20 - 9/25 Microcell - Kidani
9/22 - 9/25 bsmcneil - Jambo
9/25 - 10/02 KT0191 - Kidani
9/26 - 9/30 DgBg100106 - BCV
9/26 - 9/30 to be tink - Jambo
9/29 - 10/3 tlseege - AKL

Same for our September 24th-26th reservations
September
9/4 - 9/8 berries9 - AKL CL
9/5 - 9/11 ktink - Kidani
9/18 - 9/25/21 jomik1 - Jambo
9/20 - 9/25 Microcell - Kidani
9/22 - 9/25 bsmcneil - Jambo
9/24 - 9/26 NuJoy - AKL
9/25 - 10/02 KT0191 - Kidani
9/26 - 9/30 DgBg100106 - BCV
9/26 - 9/30 to be tink - Jambo
9/29 - 10/3 tlseege - AKL

This is exactly what my reservation looks like for Oct 17-19. MDE is still showing it as reserved/same room (I immediately checked because I was worried it cancelled). Pretty annoyed because I have been stalking for a modification and with this even if there is one I can’t modify. Hopefully it is just a glitch!
ETA: my reservation for SSR in January is coming up as normal/booked so it is only this DAKL reservation that I am having issues with.
October
10/7 - 10/14 chekhovgirl Jambo
10/10 - 10/15 karen4546 - AKV Jambo
10/11 - 10/17 Meglen - Jambo
10/17 - 10/19 kdtmagic - AKL
10/17 - 10/23 Tyra1276 - Kidani
10/19 - 10/27 Christine42566 - Jambo
10/22 - 10/25 kristenrice - Jambo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter