• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I'll also add that the shuttle is not a bad option between the 2 resorts if you wind up trying to eat outside of The Mara. This past July, we asked the bell services person working outside about the shuttle one night going from Jambo to Kidani and they called it to come get us. Took about 5 minutes. We did share a ride on it with a couple of cast members headed to work at Kidani, but we all were masked and it was a quick trip. There are definitely plenty of tables available outside of The Mara.

It's actually a pretty nice walk between the resorts, we did that for the first time last month rather than take the shuttle back to Jambo after dinner at Sanaa.

Sorry if this is repeat, i thought I posted but don't see it anywhere...lol

I have a couple questions about upcoming stay at AK Jambo (non villa)

1) Do they have rollaways? I am seeing yes and no.

We have late flight 7:15pm, so I assume we will leave around 4pm. I was thinking about resort/pool day and I am trying to figure logistics.

2) Do they have late check out? I have read, sure, never, sometimes and you can if you pay for it, what is correct answer.

3) Assuming we can't get a late checkout, are there showers at the pools and are they open right now with covid?

Thanks so much

A favourite post dinner walk. We have even gotten off the crowded bus at Kidani after a park and walked back. Peaceful and great way to unwind. You can even hear the birds.

Yes, it really was nice, though a bit confusing in the dark. Everything was pretty well marked, though. I hope to go back to Kidani during the day next trip to see more of the resort, what we saw was really beautiful.

Sorry if this is repeat, i thought I posted but don't see it anywhere...lol

I have a couple questions about upcoming stay at AK Jambo (non villa)

1) Do they have rollaways? I am seeing yes and no.

We have late flight 7:15pm, so I assume we will leave around 4pm. I was thinking about resort/pool day and I am trying to figure logistics.

2) Do they have late check out? I have read, sure, never, sometimes and you can if you pay for it, what is correct answer.

3) Assuming we can't get a late checkout, are there showers at the pools and are they open right now with covid?

Thanks so much

2. Last August they were not providing late check out for hotel side due to covid enhanced cleaning
3. Yes, there is shower in the bathroom by the pool, and it is open

We will be at AKL Jambo 9/3-9/7/22! We are taking our DD 25 & her fiance. I decided to go with a pool view room instead of a savannah view.

We're staying at Kidani in a few weeks. How early are the buses showing up in the morning? Trying to decide how to approach getting there early for Rope Drop should they open up a bit before the ETPE

Is it 45 minutes before regular park opening (9 am), or 45 minutes before the ETPE (8:30 am)?

We are staying at Kidani Village for the first time arriving on the 14th. Does anyone have the activity list for Animal Kingdom Lodge for February?

Kinda sad that we won't be having a Hoop-De-Do night, but very excited to be staying at Kidani!!

Jambo or Kidani? Sorry you didn’t have a great start to your trip. I know you were really looking forward to it. But, yay for the happy ending!
...we had checked in at Jambo House around 2PM [only an hour earlier than actual check-in time]. Since I have bad knees and I'm on meds that prohibit me from walking a long distance without getting very fatigued, I had requested Zebra Trail. We had just arrived at Epcot when my DS got a text saying that our room [on the 5th floor] was ready. About 15 minutes later, I got a text for the same thing, but it was an entirely different room on a different floor. So when we finally got back to AKL [it was around 10:55] I had to go to the front desk to find out which room we really had. Unfortunately, the CM was very rude and very obstinate, telling us that we were in Kudu Trail IN THE VERY LAST ROOM on the 4th floor. She was pretty adamant and unapologetic about not having a single solitary room available. I even offered to pay for an upgrade, to no avail. Plus, we were on a wild goose chase, since she circled the wrong "pod" where our room was not, which made us search for the correct location of our room. The next morning [around 8AM] I headed to the front desk once more and requested to speak to a supervisor. SHE WAS AWESOME. Not only was a closer room available, there were actually around 6 or 7 available. We wound up with a room on the 3rd floor in Zebra Trail, with a spectacular view overlooking Arusha Rock.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJj5eReGydK3c2fIVi7mcNk5qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

She couldn't apologize enough, to which I replied "No worries", but I found it interesting that no rooms were essentially available at 11PM the night before, and yet here, at 8AM suddenly there was an abundance of rooms [did people sneak out during the middle of the night?] Don't you just LOVE happy endings? :)

Last edited:
...we had checked in at Jambo House around 2PM [only an hour earlier than actual check-in time]. Since I have bad knees and I'm on meds that prohibit me from walking a long distance without getting very fatigued, I had requested Zebra Trail. We had just arrived at Epcot when my DS got a text saying that our room [on the 5th floor] was ready. About 15 minutes later, I got a text for the same thing, but it was an entirely different room on a different floor. So when we finally got back to AKL [it was around 10:55] I had to go to the front desk to find out which room we really had. Unfortunately, the CM was very rude and very obstinate, telling us that we were in Kudu Trail IN THE VERY LAST ROOM on the 4th floor. She was pretty adamant and unapologetic about not having a single solitary room available. I even offered to pay for an upgrade, to no avail. Plus, we were on a wild goose chase, since she circled the wrong "pod" where our room was not, which made us search for the correct location of our room. The next morning [around 8AM] I headed to the front desk once more and requested to speak to a supervisor. SHE WAS AWESOME. Not only was a closer room available, there were actually around 6 or 7 available. We wound up with a room on the 3rd floor in Zebra Trail, with a spectacular view overlooking Arusha Rock.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJj5eReGydK3c2fIVi7mcNk5qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

She couldn't apologize enough, to which I replied "No worries", but I found it interesting that no rooms were essentially available at 11PM the night before, and yet here, at 8AM suddenly there was an abundance of rooms [did people sneak out during the middle of the night?] Don't you just LOVE happy endings? :)
I love happy endings, but I’m so sorry you had to go through all that! When most CMs are wonderful and try to make things right, it is always a shock when you encounter someone like that. I remember asking a CM at BTMRR many years ago if I could sit near the front so that it wouldn’t be as rough on my back, and she told me, in a very nasty tone, “well, maybe you shouldn’t ride at all!” I was shocked.
I’m glad you ended up with a great view!

Best resort on property IMO!

we visited for dinner at Boma on our first trip in 2014, and were completely blown away!
We managed a very cool bounce back offer to stay the third trip, and In 2016 became DVC with AKL home!

we stay at Jambo twice a year, (except 2020 pandemic) and never get tired of it!

We’ve had pool views, savanna, and a parking lot or two, it’s all good!

I should also add

The Mara needs to bring back that crispy chicken sandwich!

yeah, it’s a chicken sandwich, but it was always a quick favorite of mine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter