• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Not to be nit-picky, but are you asking about an iron (which is used on an ironing board and might not provide steam unless held face down) or an actual clothes steamer (which does not need an ironing board and can be held vertically to steam items)?
A hand held steamer you use on clothes you hang

Would there be a nice place for someone not staying at AkL to come order Sanaa to go and have a picnic watching the animals? Or would they just book the dining room and hope for a window?

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
August
8/15 - 8/17 Honeypot - AKL CL
8/17 - 8/20 lziol Jambo
8/20 - 8/27 tinkerdee AKL
8/22 - 8/27 Dayzy - AKL
8/22 - 8/27 MadTownKats - Jambo
8/23 - 8/30 kittercats85 - AKL
8/30 - 8/31 Baldy - AKL
September
9/3 - 9/10 igrsod - AKL
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
9/5 - 9/11 Gerweniel - Jambo
9/14 - 9/17 titaniumfemme - Jambo
October
10/2 - 10/5 DisneyInDel - Kidani
10/5 - 10/9 DisneyInDel - BWV

November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
December
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
January
1/8 - 1/13 Goofy4 - Kidani
February
March
April
May

5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
5/26 - 5/29 meliscan Jambo House
June
July
August
September
October

November
11/12 - 11/18 Mtraynom - AKL
December
12/4 - 12/7 Vatink - AKL

Would there be a nice place for someone not staying at AkL to come order Sanaa to go and have a picnic watching the animals? Or would they just book the dining room and hope for a window?

We just came back from Kidani and there were generally plenty of available rocking chairs overlooking the savannah available at any given point (just up a flight of stairs from Sanaa). You'd have to eat on your lap but certainly doable and nice and quiet out there. There's also room inside with big windows and tables/chairs, many next to the windows with a savannah view. That room seemed busier than outdoors the few times we walked by it.

There is a room just to the right of the lobby (heading towards the bus transportation, laundry room, and community hall area). There are tables and chairs that overlook the savanna area. It is very nice.

Same question. Can't seem to verify one way or another through online sources.
As far as I know, the only Disney resort which currently offers "in room dining" ("room service" where a cast member brings food to your room) is Grand Floridian.

After re-opening following the pandemic closing, Disney added mobile order for "to go" orders at some table service restaurants in the resorts. It's possible that management prefers that practice over room service if it's more cost-effective. Sanaa at Kidani Village is one of the resort restaurants where mobile order was added (meaning you go to Sanaa to pick up the food, and you can take it back to your room and eat it there if you want).

I know it's not the same from a guest point of view.

As far as I know, the only Disney resort which currently offers "in room dining" ("room service" where a cast member brings food to your room) is Grand Floridian.

After re-opening following the pandemic closing, Disney added mobile order for "to go" orders at some table service restaurants in the resorts. It's possible that management prefers that practice over room service if it's more cost-effective. Sanaa at Kidani Village is one of the resort restaurants where mobile order was added (meaning you go to Sanaa to pick up the food, and you can take it back to your room and eat it there if you want).

I know it's not the same from a guest point of view.hardly ever order in like that, but at AKL in a Savanna View. I just want food to come to me so I don't miss what's going on below my deck.
It's a deluxe resort. At some point failing to offer an upscale hotel staple like room service is going to impact its reputation. Very shortsighted imo.

We hardly ever order in like that, but at AKL in a Savanna View, we just want food to come to us so we don't miss what's going on below our deck. And we're staying at Jambo making the Sanaa option inconvenient (I just flat out don't like Mara for breakfast). So I'm probably going to order grubhub and see if management prefers me giving my money to another company.

It's a deluxe resort. At some point failing to offer an upscale hotel staple like room service is going to impact its reputation. Very shortsighted imo.

We hardly ever order in like that, but at AKL in a Savanna View, we just want food to come to us so we don't miss what's going on below our deck. And we're staying at Jambo making the Sanaa option inconvenient (I just flat out don't like Mara for breakfast). So I'm probably going to order grubhub and see if management prefers me giving my money to another company.

I have opinions about management decisions under the Cheapak Regime, but I think people are tired of hearing them. Protecting the Disney World "brand," as it has been historically, seems to be of less importance than the bottom line.

Grubhub - thats such a good (obvious) idea!

its insane to have a deluxe hotel not offering room service.... but I do realize staffing shortages are a reality everywhere. Its not that I order a lot of room service but its really convenient if you are burnt out from a long day!

Hi all! We have not been to Disney since 2018 pre covid. We now have a 4 yr old boy. Hubby has some mobility issues/is blind. Right now we have 2 ressies, one at WL and another at Jambo DVC Studio Standard View (regular room reservation, not actual DVC). I have heard many things that the distance (from room to everywhere) may be a problem. Any thoughts? Also wondering about discounts for March 2023 (if this is ever discounted). Main reason for studio is we are not eating indoors due to Covid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter