• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
September
9/10 - 9/20 PixieT78 - AKL
9/14 - 9/17 titaniumfemme - Jambo
9/18 - 9/21 sipnride - AKL
October
10/2 - 10/5 DisneyInDel - Kidani
10/3 - 10/5 GM24 - WL
10/4 - 10/8 cmacdisneyqueen - Jambo
10/5 - 10/9 DisneyInDel - BWV
10/5 - 10/11 GM24 - AKL Jambo
10/18 - 10/20 kristenrice - Kidani
10/20 - 10/25 kristenrice - Jambo

November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
December
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
12/17 - 12/24 jennf - Kidani
January
1/8 - 1/13 Goofy4 - Kidani
1/15 - 1/21 djshockley - Jambo
February
2/25 - 3/4 jackieleanne - Jambo
March
2/25 - 3/4 jackieleanne - Jambo
3/22 - 3/26 Goldilocks07 - AKL Jambo
April
4/1-4/8 Doingitagain - Jambo
May
5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
5/26 - 5/29 meliscan Jambo House
June
July
August
September
October

November
11/12 - 11/18 Mtraynom - AKL
December
12/4 - 12/7 Vatink - AKL

And can you still order the wild boar tenderloin at the Cape Town lounge?

Hello, everyone! We will be visiting AKL Kidani from 2/19 to 2/25. Third time at AKL overall and our second at Kidani, but our first time in a 2-bedroom. We’ll be with 7 family members total. Really excited to be going back—I’m especially excited to be back at the Kidani pool, and to have dinners at all three restaurants!

Thought I’d update a bit in my experience. I rented DVC points and was on the 5th floor, Zebra trail. To be honest, I was very disappointed in the lack of animals I was able to see. Due to the height of my room, I couldn’t see much passed directly in front of me as the trees were in the way. I will say, I don’t think I was often around during feeding time but I only saw 2 or 3 kinds of animals and no giraffes.

However, I loved the hotel. It is so beautiful. The buses were really good - I rarely waited, never mind waiting for a long time. I’ve actually never taken the buses so much on any of my trips but my wallet was happy to not use Uber lol. My room was also fantastic. I think I would consider staying again (renting points) but I don’t think I would bother booking savannah view again.

Thought I’d update a bit in my experience. I rented DVC points and was on the 5th floor, Zebra trail. To be honest, I was very disappointed in the lack of animals I was able to see. Due to the height of my room, I couldn’t see much passed directly in front of me as the trees were in the way. I will say, I don’t think I was often around during feeding time but I only saw 2 or 3 kinds of animals and no giraffes.

However, I loved the hotel. It is so beautiful. The buses were really good - I rarely waited, never mind waiting for a long time. I’ve actually never taken the buses so much on any of my trips but my wallet was happy to not use Uber lol. My room was also fantastic. I think I would consider staying again (renting points) but I don’t think I would bother booking savannah view again.
Savannah view is only worth it if you plan on staying in the room quite a bit. We get up and get going and stay til late, so we rarely get savannah view anymore. If we want to see the animals we go to the lookouts. We LOVE this hotel too. It's peaceful and beautiful. We had the best luck with buses during our trip the first week of September. The only long bus ride is to Magic Kingdom, every where else isn't that far away. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Staying Nov 15 to 22. Requested 4th floor way at end of Zebra Trail...facing Uzima....Touring Plans said lots of rooms there classified as Standard View...I think because it faces outside area where people are evacuated to if emergency in building. I don't mind as long as I don't have view of roof or parking lot, I'm good. And I'm not one of those people that needs to be close to the lobby and other facilities..and don't mind long walks to the restaurants and buses.

Weird question...

With H2O products being discontinued, will there still be toiletries provided in the rooms at Jambo/Kidani? I need to know how much of my own products to pack for our trip in 2 weeks.

Weird question...

With H2O products being discontinued, will there still be toiletries provided in the rooms at Jambo/Kidani? I need to know how much of my own products to pack for our trip in 2 weeks.
We had the large bottles mounted on the wall last month @ Jambo.

In what way?
I think I saw something in red letters on the official Disney site that the restaurants might not be open, but when I refreshed, the warning went away. Wanted to know if that was perhaps just Disney's general pandemic-era caution or if it's AKL-specific.

But I'm looking at the site and can't find what I saw earlier today (before I'd had a needed second cup of caffeine).

I think I saw something in red letters on the official Disney site that the restaurants might not be open, but when I refreshed, the warning went away. Wanted to know if that was perhaps just Disney's general pandemic-era caution or if it's AKL-specific.

But I'm looking at the site and can't find what I saw earlier today (before I'd had a needed second cup of caffeine).
As far as I know, they are all up and going. I sure hope so! They are the best around!

That might have been a Hurricane Ian warning that didn’t disappear right away.

Hi everyone! I snagged a 1 bedroom value accommodation for 10/30 to 10/31. Then we're going on the Disney Wish 10/31. Are there any other Disney Wish cruisers visiting AKL on 10/30?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter