Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

If it is the same as the one we had in Kindani last month, not very comfortable for adults. I mentioned it after our first night and they said they would send up a foam topper. What we got was an actual thin mattress, and our adult children said it was fine after that.
When was your stay? Is it still possible to request a topper?

Has anyone done the “design your own safari slippers activity”? Saw it listed on the jambo monthly calendar posted online and thought sounded interesting. Was hoping to find info on cost and what the slippers look like but Google has struck out. Any info would be appreciated!

Has anyone done the “design your own safari slippers activity”? Saw it listed on the jambo monthly calendar posted online and thought sounded interesting. Was hoping to find info on cost and what the slippers look like but Google has struck out. Any info would be appreciated!
Lol, it's not slippers, it's "sippers". Just plastic cups with straws that you can add stickers to.

Lol, it's not slippers, it's "sippers". Just plastic cups with straws that you can add stickers to.
Haha that’s too funny. Looking at the picture from monthly calendar thread I can see it as sippers now if I zoom in but definitely read as slippers by default lol. Thank you for responding and I guess I’ll ask if anyone has done the sippers and would recommend haha.

Haha that’s too funny. Looking at the picture from monthly calendar thread I can see it as sippers now if I zoom in but definitely read as slippers by default lol. Thank you for responding and I guess I’ll ask if anyone has done the sippers and would recommend haha.
Not your fault, those calendars are blurry and the print is tiny! I haven't done it at AKL personally, but I've seen Create-Your-Own Sipper activities at other resorts and I think it's the same thing. Here's a picture of one at OKW.

Screenshot_20230209-220108~2.png

When staying at Jambo in a villa and doing mobile order from Sanaa, how would you recommend picking it up?
1. walk there and back
2. take the shuttle
3. take the rental car with two people, have one run in to get it while the other waits in front with the car
4. other?

The Starlight Safari.
What's the best way to book this? Is it like ADR's where you can book it further into your stay? It appears to be very popular when doing test bookings online. I've never seen a group of seats available, just a random one here and there.

When staying at Jambo in a villa and doing mobile order from Sanaa, how would you recommend picking it up?
1. walk there and back
2. take the shuttle
3. take the rental car with two people, have one run in to get it while the other waits in front with the car
4. other?
I would take the shuttle, it's quick and easy and goes door to door

I have a question regarding the Uzima Springs Pool Bar. Based on the menu online they aren’t serving food, so we’re planning on grabbing food from The Mara for lunch on our arrival day (staying locally for a conference, which ends at 11:00am so we’ll be ubering over to check in around noon). Can we bring food into the pool area from The Mara or do we need to eat it outside?

I have a question regarding the Uzima Springs Pool Bar. Based on the menu online they aren’t serving food, so we’re planning on grabbing food from The Mara for lunch on our arrival day (staying locally for a conference, which ends at 11:00am so we’ll be ubering over to check in around noon). Can we bring food into the pool area from The Mara or do we need to eat it outside
You can absolutely bring food from the Mara into the pool area! Just be sure to order it go so it's bagged up and easy to carry and not on a tray. The pool area is fenced in and you'll need a hand to open the gate.

Hi. My family is planning a trip next February. I want to make a decision before the 11 month booking window if I rent points.

We will stay at Shades of Green for the main trip. We want to move to Animal Kingdom Lodge for 3 nights at the end. We’d hit up AK park after checking out of SoG and then the next two days are just at the resort.

2 adults and 3 kids ages 6, 12, and 14. The 6 year old’s favorite animal is the giraffe. We would get savanna view. I read somewhere that all Jambo House Savanna views have giraffes. Is that correct? I know 80% at Kidani do but I do think we’d be disappointed if there are no giraffes after spending that kind of money for a resort only stay.

We are switching to AKL at the end for the animal time and for the cultural aspect. Our kids are half black and want to learn about Africa. They know which specific countries their ancestors were from and would enjoy talking to CMs and checking out the African art collection and artifacts throughout the resort. Some day, maybe we can go to Africa, and I get that AKL isn’t a substitute for that, but hopefully the intent makes sense.

Option 1- rent points for a dedicated 2BR (want the two queen beds instead of sofa bed), putting us at Kidani I believe. More space. Don’t need the kitchen or washer and dryer at that point of the trip. Will be visiting Boma, Sanaa, and Jiko while we are there. I would request Sunset Savanna and lower floor. I would be kind of bummed if we didn’t get Sunset Savanna. Slightly bummed if high up and can’t see the animals well.

Option 2- get two savanna view rooms at Jambo. With the military discount, this will be roughly the same price, possibly more. Both rooms should have giraffes. Not sure of the chances of lower floor. Smaller balcony area when we will likely spend a lot of time chilling on the balcony. I would prefer the 2BR so we aren’t split up but that’s not a deal breaker.

Does Jambo have connecting rooms? Even just same hallway would be okay.

Thoughts? Any ideas of things not to miss at the resort? Will probably try the starlight safari for the older two.

Hi. My family is planning a trip next February. I want to make a decision before the 11 month booking window if I rent points.

We will stay at Shades of Green for the main trip. We want to move to Animal Kingdom Lodge for 3 nights at the end. We’d hit up AK park after checking out of SoG and then the next two days are just at the resort.

2 adults and 3 kids ages 6, 12, and 14. The 6 year old’s favorite animal is the giraffe. We would get savanna view. I read somewhere that all Jambo House Savanna views have giraffes. Is that correct? I know 80% at Kidani do but I do think we’d be disappointed if there are no giraffes after spending that kind of money for a resort only stay.

We are switching to AKL at the end for the animal time and for the cultural aspect. Our kids are half black and want to learn about Africa. They know which specific countries their ancestors were from and would enjoy talking to CMs and checking out the African art collection and artifacts throughout the resort. Some day, maybe we can go to Africa, and I get that AKL isn’t a substitute for that, but hopefully the intent makes sense.

Option 1- rent points for a dedicated 2BR (want the two queen beds instead of sofa bed), putting us at Kidani I believe. More space. Don’t need the kitchen or washer and dryer at that point of the trip. Will be visiting Boma, Sanaa, and Jiko while we are there. I would request Sunset Savanna and lower floor. I would be kind of bummed if we didn’t get Sunset Savanna. Slightly bummed if high up and can’t see the animals well.

Option 2- get two savanna view rooms at Jambo. With the military discount, this will be roughly the same price, possibly more. Both rooms should have giraffes. Not sure of the chances of lower floor. Smaller balcony area when we will likely spend a lot of time chilling on the balcony. I would prefer the 2BR so we aren’t split up but that’s not a deal breaker.

Does Jambo have connecting rooms? Even just same hallway would be okay.

Thoughts? Any ideas of things not to miss at the resort? Will probably try the starlight safari for the older two.
I think the 2-br is the way to go, unless you are content splitting up parents in each studio. A big P.S. is that the Kidani 1-bedrooms and higher have an extra bathroom. As in, the 1-bedroom has 2 FULL bathrooms and so on...It was amazing! We shared a 1-bedroom for 3 adults and 2 little kids. Plenty of space for us (highly dependent on guests :-) )

As for the animals, you can see them from all over the resort. I know you want to see them from the room, but there are TONS of viewing spots with rocking chairs and all sorts of cook nooks to relax. We loved both resorts.

I think the 2-br is the way to go, unless you are content splitting up parents in each studio. A big P.S. is that the Kidani 1-bedrooms and higher have an extra bathroom. As in, the 1-bedroom has 2 FULL bathrooms and so on...It was amazing! We shared a 1-bedroom for 3 adults and 2 little kids. Plenty of space for us (highly dependent on guests :-) )

As for the animals, you can see them from all over the resort. I know you want to see them from the room, but there are TONS of viewing spots with rocking chairs and all sorts of cook nooks to relax. We loved both resorts.
Thank you. I dont really mind splitting the adults between two rooms. It’s nice to all be together but it’s okay if we are not. We will all be together at SoG for most of the trip.

You make a good point. We definitely want to hang out on the balcony and watch animals but it wouldn’t kill us to go to the viewing areas. I imagine we will see a lot of animals while out looking at the art, etc too.

I'm replying so that this specific part of your post doesn't get lost.

Did the cultural representatives at AKL come back after the Pandemic?

While I also really miss the Cultural Representatives, I would encourage you to still interact with the CM's who are stationed at the savannas, both at Jambo and Kidani. (they are one staff and rotate among the savannas at both resorts). We have enjoyed many conversations with them, they know a lot about the animals you see, and can tell you things like their names and personalities. They have all been happy to chat and share their knowledge and stories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter