Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

View from 5322 (Kudu Trail) this morning, complete with a giraffe enjoying his breakfast. How the heck is this a “Standard” studio and not Savannah view?!

View attachment 773333
View attachment 773334
I may be wrong, but I believe that originally was classified as a "savannah" view, but got re-classified as a "standard" view when people complained about having a view of the "people pen." I think that fenced area in the first photo is a place where people can go if there is an emergency in the building.

I may be wrong, but I believe that originally was classified as a "savannah" view, but got re-classified as a "standard" view when people complained about having a view of the "people pen." I think that fenced area in the first photo is a place where people can go if there is an emergency in the building.
Interesting… I’ll take the $$ savings and gladly view the people pen! :earboy2:

Serious question for those of you who stay here often. Is this resort always so… chaotic? I’m on the fifth floor (DVC studio), and it’s been constant, nonstop noise since I checked in. Kids playing tag up and down the hallways, adults screaming in the hallways as late as 1AM, people getting into verbal disputes over chairs at the pool (Jambo house)…. I’ve stayed at every deluxe resort (excluding Riviera), and this is probably the worst I’ve dealt with.

I realize this is subjective and based on my experience, but was just curious if anyone else felt this way.

Serious question for those of you who stay here often. Is this resort always so… chaotic? I’m on the fifth floor (DVC studio), and it’s been constant, nonstop noise since I checked in. Kids playing tag up and down the hallways, adults screaming in the hallways as late as 1AM, people getting into verbal disputes over chairs at the pool (Jambo house)…. I’ve stayed at every deluxe resort (excluding Riviera), and this is probably the worst I’ve dealt with.

I realize this is subjective and based on my experience, but was just curious if anyone else felt this way.
I’ve never had a problem at any hotel.I have found parents that don’t instill respect in their kids while waiting on lines, and those that run into people with strollers and don’t acknowledge or apologize. It’s a trickle down. Unfortunately with Disney milking more and more money out of guests, feelings of entitlement may be higher than before.

I own DVC at AKV and have stayed many, many times over the years… was there two weeks ago, in fact, Jambo 5th floor studio. Never experienced anything even close to what you describe. Actually one of the things I love about staying there is the general peace and quiet of the resort. I often combine it with a split stay with another more “action oriented” resort for a difference… went to Beach Club Villas last week after Jambo.

Luckily I’ve never seen that kind of behavior but I’m sure it happens as your experience shows. So sorry you had to put up with that… definitely makes for an unpleasant stay!

AKL is actually one of the quietest resorts I've stayed at, you may just be unlucky? I have always stayed at Jambo, non DVC, but overall I've found the resort to be fairly quiet every time I've stayed there.

Current Room Amenities
Does anyone know the current offerings on the counter? I assume the standard 3 H2O products in the shower shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
A picture of the counter would be wonderful!!
TIA

I was hoping to get a dinner reservation at Sanaa for one of our resort days but missed out, what are the chances of being able to walk up?

Also, what would be the easiest way to get to Topolino's from AKL? I was thinking go to early entry and walk through Epcot to the Skyliner? Is a 10:10 reservation going to cut close or should we be fine?

I was hoping to get a dinner reservation at Sanaa for one of our resort days but missed out, what are the chances of being able to walk up?

Also, what would be the easiest way to get to Topolino's from AKL? I was thinking go to early entry and walk through Epcot to the Skyliner? Is a 10:10 reservation going to cut close or should we be fine?
Can’t answer re Sanaa, but I can suggest bus from AKL to DHS then Skyliner to CBR and transfer to the Epcot line there. I’d still leave AKL early - RIV is nice to explore, starting with the mosaics in the tunnel along the path from the Skyliner station.

You would need park admission and possibly an Epcot reservation to walk through Epcot.

Can’t answer re Sanaa, but I can suggest bus from AKL to DHS then Skyliner to CBR and transfer to the Epcot line there. I’d still leave AKL early - RIV is nice to explore, starting with the mosaics in the tunnel along the path from the Skyliner station.

You would need park admission and possibly an Epcot reservation to walk through Epcot.
My reservation is for our Epcot day, planning to do breakfast and then Epcot. :)

I'm excited to see those mosaics, Tangled is a favorite of mine.

This approach is definitely the way to go. Bus to HS, Skyliner to Riv, breakfast, and then Skyliner to EP. The Skyliner station is so close to the bus drop-off at HS - the only simpler way to get there would be a ride-share. That walk through EP from the front entrance to the International Gateway is a pretty long walk!

This approach is definitely the way to go. Bus to HS, Skyliner to Riv, breakfast, and then Skyliner to EP. The Skyliner station is so close to the bus drop-off at HS - the only simpler way to get there would be a ride-share. That walk through EP from the front entrance to the International Gateway is a pretty long walk!
So the sky liner station is outside of HS? We haven’t been since 2019 and didn’t go to HS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter