James Murdoch the New CEO of Disney?

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Okay, I know Bob Iger extended his stay as CEO of Disney until 2021, but since Disney bought Fox Studios, there's been a few articles saying that the Fox CEO James Murdoch might become the new CEO of Disney. I was thinking to say "No way! Not him! He's a greedy miser and he'll might destroy the legacy of Walt Disney!" However, I don't know much about him. If he is chosen as next ceo of Disney, I need to hear what he wants to do with the company first before passing judgement. But it's going to take a few years to wait, sadly.

Well.. if he runs it anything like sky TV in the uk, the first changes will be finding ways to prevent you from leaving the parks until CM's are happy you have spent enough money that day and have your next trip booked!

Seriously, Google about people trying to cancel their sky TV contacts - they make it as impossible as they can.

Well.. if he runs it anything like sky TV in the uk, the first changes will be finding ways to prevent you from leaving the parks until CM's are happy you have spent enough money that day and have your next trip booked!

Seriously, Google about people trying to cancel their sky TV contacts - they make it as impossible as they can.
I appreciate your warning and concern about him, but I can't criticize him, because I don't know much about him. It's uncertain right now, and like I said, if he's chosen, I want to hear what he wants to do to the company first before passing judgement.

If they happened, Disney would become Fox and the Disney culture will slowly die off. I personally don't see it happening, but I've seen it happen to many other companies. Basically the small company buys the big company, with the big company's money.

If they happened, Disney would become Fox and the Disney culture will slowly die off. I personally don't see it happening, but I've seen it happen to many other companies. Basically the small company buys the big company, with the big company's money.
Now you got me worried!:scared:

Ryan Murphy is already saying he won't be constrained by Disney and will leave FOX.

I hope that Fox will still be allowed to operate as they have. I worry that FX might be a bit too edgy for Disney.
Yeah, I'm kind of nervous about that too. Also, I'm hoping that they won't lose the legacy of Disney even though they are unable to do more hand drawn animated features at this time.

So, basically, status quo, huh?

I read a little while back that they wanted someone with a little more tech background to steer Disney's effort to compete with Netflix in light of cable subscription losses. There were a few names thrown around with one of them being Sheryl Sandberg.

Amazing how the ego dictates. If I had millions in the bank I would move on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter