Jamie Oliver recipes??

bananiem

It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.<
Have any of you tried recipes from Jamie Oliver, The Naked Chef? My library doesn't have any of his cookbooks yet but wondered if any of you have tried anything.

My husband recently made these small stuffed peppers that Jamie used as a kind of tappas dish. They were delicious -- we have a jar of them in the refridgerator right now.

Thought I would post the recipe for the peppers in case anyone wants it.

Slow-Cooked and Stuffed Baby Bell Chile Peppers

Recipe courtesy Jamie Oliver

10 small, round baby bell chile peppers (cherry peppers)
Small bottle olive oil
2 good handfuls rocket (arugula)
1 good handful parsley
1 small handful capers, soaked and drained
1 handful anchovies
10 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or enough to cover
Salt and fresh ground black pepper

Halve the chiles, remove the seeds and then wash in cold water. Then drain. Tightly pack into a large earthenware dish and cover with the olive oil then place in the oven at 325 for about 45 minutes until tender. Carefully remove the dish from the oven and leave to cool. Take the chiles out of the dish. Pour the olive oil back into the bottle. This is great on salads, over mozzarella and other cheeses, on pizzas, or over pasta. Finely chop the rocket, parsley and capers. Roughly chop anchovies and then mix everything up in a bowl with balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff this filling into your bell peppers (cherry peppers) and serve on a plate as tapas.

Here are the one's from his site

http://www.jamieoliver.net/recipes.htm

You will however have to do some conversions.

Take advantage of some of the seasonal produce out there at the moment with these recipes.

Watercress, Rocket, Sweet Pear, Walnut and Parmesan Salad

What a pukka combination, simple and classy. Don`t try to make this when you feel like it, make it when you can find perfect pears and watercress, otherwise it will taste naff.

For one person I normally use around half a pear 2 big handfuls of watercress and 2 big handfuls of rocket. If the skins are nice just give them a wash, if not remove with a peeler. Then cut them in half and deseed. It doesn`t really matter how you cut them up. Sometimes in big rough chunks, maybe sliced up or even grated. Then place into the bowl with the watercress and rocket. The pepperiness of the leaves works so well with the sweetness of the pear. Drizzle with a good extra virgin olive oil just to coat, a small squeeze of lemon juice (because the pear juice is slightly acidic but very tasty), and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss all this together and serve. Shave over some Parmesan or Pecorino, crumble your nuts over and tuck in. I love this salad with roasted meat or as a starter on its own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baked Jerusalem Artichokes, Breadcrumbs, Thyme and Lemon

Serves 4-6

285ml / ½ pint double cream or créme fraiche
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 good handful of fresh Thyme, leaves picked and chopped
3 handfuls of grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1kg/2lb 3oz Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and sliced as thick as a pencil
2 good handfuls of fresh breadcrumbs
Olive oil

Preheat your oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas7. In a bowl mix your cream, lemon juice , garlic half the thyme and most of the Parmesan, and season well to taste. Throw in the sliced Jerusalem artichokes. Mix well and place everything in an ovenproof baking dish.

Mix the breadcrumbs with the rest of the thyme and Parmesan and some salt and pepper. Sprinkle all the flavoured breadcrumbs over the artichokes and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes until the artichokes are tender and the breadcrumbs golden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wok-cooked Fragrant Mussels

Serves 4-6

2kg / 4½ lb best live Mussels
Olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
3 sticks of Lemon grass, outer leaves removed, finely sliced
2 fresh chillies, red, green or both
3 tablespoons finely sliced ginger
2 handfuls of fresh coriander, pounded or finely chopped
1tablespoons sesame oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 Spring onions
Juice of 3 limes
1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk

Place your mussels with a couple of lugs of olive oil in a large, very hot wok or pot. Shake around and add the rest of the ingredients, apart from the lime juice and coconut milk. Keep turning over until all the mussels have opened - throw away any that remain closed. Squeeze in your lime juice and add your coconut milk. Bring to the boil and serve immediately.

Créme Brûlée - The Way I like It

Serves 6

300g / 11oz fresh rhubarb
3 tablespoons caster sugar
2 vanilla pods
300ml / 11fl oz double cream
200ml / 7fl oz full fat milk
8 egg yolks
80g / 2 ¾ oz sugar

Preheat the oven to 140°C/275°F/Gas 1. Roughly slice up the rhubarb and place it in a pan with the caster sugar and 5 tablespoons of water. Simmer until tender, divide between 6 small serving dishes which your brûlée will be cooked in, then set aside.

Score the vanilla pods lengthwise and run the knife up the pod to remove the vanilla seeds. Scrape these into the pan with the pods, cream and milk and slowly bring to the boil. Meanwhile beat together the yolks and the sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. When the cream and milk are just boiling , remove the vanilla pods and add little by little to the egg mixture, whisking continuously. I like to remove any bubbles or froth from the mixture before dividing it into the serving dishes, on top of the rhubarb. Stand these in an appropriately sized roasting tray filled with water half way up the containers, and bake in the pre-heated oven for around 25 minutes until the custard mixture has set but is still slightly wobbly in the center.

Allow to cool to room temperature then place in the fridge until ready to serve. Sprinkle with sugar and caramelize under a very hot grill or using a kitchen blowtorch. Lovely.

My mum makes a couple of his recipes - I don't think she has the book, she's just copied them from watching his programme.

Here's a recipe for Pork with Peaches, she also makes a fantastic salad, which I can't find the recipe for - I'll have to ask her, and get back to you. (I like the salad even better than the pork)

Pork with Peaches
by Jamie Oliver for The Naked Chef, Christmas Special

Star Rating:

Programme:

Preparation Time:
10 to 30 mins
Cooking Time:
1 to 2 hrs
Source of Recipe:
Jamie Oliver
Ingredients
1 x 1.5kg/3½lb loin of pork, boned
1 bunch fresh thyme, leaves picked
1 bulb of garlic
200g/7oz butter
2 tins of peaches in natural juice,
drained
salt and freshly ground black pepper
around 15 slices of pancetta, streaky
bacon or parma ham
1 glass of white wine
a little flour
Methods
1. Preheat the oven to
220C/425F/Gas7.
2. Score the skin of your pork through
the fat – the incisions should be
about 1cm apart. Turn over. Make a
pocket for the stuffing by cutting an
incision at an angle, about 7.5cm/3in
deep in the center of the streaky part
of the loin, working away from the eye
meat. Starting slightly in from the
side of the meat, slowly slice along
the loin not quite to the end – this will
ensure your stuffing won’t fall out.
3. Chop half the thyme with 1 clove of
garlic and scrunch together with the
butter, one of the tins of peaches and
a good pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Push the butter into the pocket
and pat back into shape. Lay the
pancetta, bacon or parma ham over
the pork, leaving the skin side
uncovered, and tie up firmly with 3-4
pieces of string.
5. Place skin-side up in a roasting
tray with the remaining peaches, the
rest of the garlic cloves and thyme
and a glass of white wine. Roast for
around 1 hour until the skin is crisp
and golden.
6. When ready, remove the pork and
peaches to a plate and leave to rest
for 15 minutes whilst you finish the
sauce.
7. To do this, remove most of the fat
from the roasting tray, then place the
tray over a high heat. Squash the
cooked garlic and add 1 tablespoon
of flour. Stir and add the wine with a
glass of water or stock. Simmer and
leave to reduce for a few minutes.
8. Strain and add any extra juices
from the rested pork. Check the
seasoning and consistency and serve
drizzled over the sliced pork.

there are more on the bbc website
BBC - Jamie Oliver recipes

Bev

Ok - I found the salad recipe too...

MIXED LEAF SALAD WITH MOZZARELLA, MINT,
PEACH AND PROSCIUTTO

Ingredients
any mixed leaves
ripe peach
ball of mozzarella
couple of slices of prosciutto or Parma ham

Method
1 Pinch the skin and peel from the
bottom to the top, then quarter them.
Rip the mozzarella into small pieces
and place on a plate with the peaches.
Lightly season.
2 Lay a couple of slices of prosciutto
over the top. Dress your mixed salad
leaves and torn-up mint with a little
of the olive oil and lemon juice
dressing. Throw the leaves on top of
the plate.

It's that easy you would have thought I could have remembered it!

This was found on a fan's website

More Jamie Oliver recipes

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter