• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 14, 2012 Eastern Carribbean Cruise

I hope everyone doesn't hate me... But I spent so much time on FE gifts already and I would have to make trips back to 3 stores to get more supplies... I just can't do another goodie bag at this point. Sorry guys!!!

No problem. I also thought we just popped items in various FE's that we saw...silly me!

Thanks all for answering my questions! Not too worry about my family with the fish, like I say I thought it was open to anyone on the ship and the drop was something simple like candy, nothing as extravegent as what I am seeing here! I have read some confliciting information on tipping on the site and looking for your expertise and advice. Some say $4 per person, per day and others are rounded off figure. I was thinking of tipping my server $100 and my room maid $50 both at the end of the trip. I want to be prepared and I also want to in line with what is expected. Again, as a virgin cruiser I'm unaware of the "norm", please be honest with me if my dollar amounts are fair. I will exchange currency in Canada before I leave to USD. I have also read about small thank yous for GS, CM, etc., and I read that those mini Canadian chocolate bars are a hit! I would give this I guess when I have the pillow cases signed!?!?

Our stateroom is 8088. DD (3) Camryn and DS (2) Calvin

TIA... again!

There are some recommendations in the cruise book papers you should've received from Disney - I think it's $28pp (including children) for the head server, and goes down from there. I'm clueless on this as well but we're pretty good tippers usually - I figure assuming that they are as good as I expect we'll tip better than Disney recommends.

There are some recommendations in the cruise book papers you should've received from Disney - I think it's $28pp (including children) for the head server, and goes down from there. I'm clueless on this as well but we're pretty good tippers usually - I figure assuming that they are as good as I expect we'll tip better than Disney recommends.

OK great, I'll look for the guideine in the papers once I receive. I was told I should receive on the 3rd in the mail. I guess that's what happens when you book so late! I have already done my online registation, hope that speeds up boarding the ship!

Hi! I have your new FE...it will be my little gift to you. I will hang it on your fish. Enjoy!

Susie Our Hero x x Sorry for the late reply but this is the first we have been on the Internet due to travelling across the pond x

Happy New Year :banana:

I thought I remember reading that Disney is automatically adding tips to your account, so no need to figure them out. Are you guys talking about other people to tip besides the norm?

I thought I remember reading that Disney is automatically adding tips to your account, so no need to figure them out. Are you guys talking about other people to tip besides the norm?

I read that too...I thought she was wondering for planning purposes.
What we are planning to do is have them automatically charged, and bring extra to use for exceptional service. We'll put that in the tip envelope with the charge slip.
We're also bringing money to tip for room service and excursion operators. I can't think of anything else on the actual cruise. (Maybe kids' club employees for those of you who will be utilizing the clubs?)

Ok, Dawn, thank you! Can you give me more details about FE and when I pass them out as well as ideas of what to give? Thanks so much!

Susie:
Sorry, have not been on here in a few days and just catching up on the last 4 or 5 pages added on!

I still have one extra FE room gift and will be glad to add you on to our FE list as well!
Thanks!
Diane

I read that too...I thought she was wondering for planning purposes.
What we are planning to do is have them automatically charged, and bring extra to use for exceptional service. We'll put that in the tip envelope with the charge slip.
We're also bringing money to tip for room service and excursion operators. I can't think of anything else on the actual cruise. (Maybe kids' club employees for those of you who will be utilizing the clubs?)

If you are going to Palo, that also should be planned! Especially if you do brunch and dinner.

If you are going to Palo, that also should be planned! Especially if you do brunch and dinner.

Alright, so I can plan to charge to my account "the suggested" then anything additional I can give in cash?? I like to ensure that if I have received exceptional service from my server all week that the tip goes to. that. person. I have already paid 15% gratuity at booking and I believe that gets divided amongst all. I will bring small bills for room service, bar etc.

Alright, so I can plan to charge to my account "the suggested" then anything additional I can give in cash?? I like to ensure that if I have received exceptional service from my server all week that the tip goes to. that. person. I have already paid 15% gratuity at booking and I believe that gets divided amongst all. I will bring small bills for room service, bar etc.

I believe that when you charge your drinks at the bar they already add in a gratutity on your bar bill. If I am wrong someone please correct me. Don't forget you can bring alcohol on board with you. Although I do like having some of their specialty drinks!

I believe that when you charge your drinks at the bar they already add in a gratutity on your bar bill. If I am wrong someone please correct me. Don't forget you can bring alcohol on board with you. Although I do like having some of their specialty drinks!

Yes it is added at the bars. I also bring my own but get just as much of the specialty drimks

Susie:
Sorry, have not been on here in a few days and just catching up on the last 4 or 5 pages added on!

I still have one extra FE room gift and will be glad to add you on to our FE list as well!
Thanks!
Diane

Hi Diane, Thanks! So do we give FE gifts to the families listed on any specific day? Happy New Year!:cheer2:

I can't remember if I ever included our excursions for the roster, so here they are::banana:

St. Maarten: Mountain Top Downhill Rainforest Trek
St. Thomas/St. John: St. John Eco Hike

Thanks for keeping us organized Tory!:worship:

Hey all - is pirates night just the 9:45-10:30 thing on the Disney website? Or does it include dinner? Can we wear our costumes to dinner that night or just later in the evening? I'm confused and don't want to pack more if I don't have to!!!

Hey all - is pirates night just the 9:45-10:30 thing on the Disney website? Or does it include dinner? Can we wear our costumes to dinner that night or just later in the evening? I'm confused and don't want to pack more if I don't have to!!!

Hi! First it is dinner in the dining room with a special pirate theme. At 9:45 they have Pirates in the Carribean with a really fun party on deck. They then have a huge buffet on deck with turkey legs and tons of sweets. On the outside screen they also show the first Pirate's movie where you can pull up a lounge chair and chill out! Yes you can also where a costume to dinner also.

OMG I am so excited!pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter