January 2013 Discounts

I know they are misinformed many times but it was hinted to me that free dinning rates for jan would be mid to end of September when I called...

Oh no... But! I think that FD was released 8/3 last year and 8/16 in 2011 - according to mousesavers, but I could be reading it wrong?
But you are right about 9/30, because that was the room-only for Disney Visa cardholders! Maybe discounts for Disney Visa and AP holders are released later than room-only and FD for 'generel public'? Or FD comes out before room-only discounts? ;) anyways... I'm hoping the promotions will be released soon :D

From Mousesavers:
"2012 Discounts and Codes

Dates: 1/2/12-2/20/12
Type of Discount: room-only discounts (20%-35% off) for Disney’s Visa cardholders
Date of Release: 9/30/11, exp 12/21/11"

That was the first discount released for 2012.

ETA: for RO. I was talking about discounts not FD, sorry!

BanditsMommy said:
From Mousesavers:
"2012 Discounts and Codes

Dates: 1/2/12-2/20/12
Type of Discount: room-only discounts (20%-35% off) for Disney’s Visa cardholders
Date of Release: 9/30/11, exp 12/21/11"

That was the first discount released for 2012.

ETA: for RO. I was talking about discounts not FD, sorry!

Yeah..sorry... My mistake! I'm just thinking promos = discounts = room-only % = free dining :D Lol... I was just mixing it all! I'm just trying to save money! Haha... So both would be great for me ;)
But I think we all agree that FD dates for January will be released in August and room-only discounts probably in the end of September :D

- but we will just have to wait and see :D no one can know!
Eventhough it's very unlikely, Disney could skip free dining or even room-only discounts in January... (but I wouldn't bet on it!)

I cross my fingers! And hope for promotions that will work for all of us ;)

PirateFrank said:
. . . The only advantage a reservation gives you is that you can book 10 days plus 180 . . . .

I'm a veteran to WDW, but most of my trips were prior to the 10 + 180 days. I want to make sure I understand, and anyone's input is fine. Here's what I think I know:
If you have a WDW resort reservation, you can begin booking ADRs 180 days from the first day of your stay AND for the rest of your stay as long as you are not staying more than 10 days total? Is this basically correct? Thanks!

I'm a veteran to WDW, but most of my trips were prior to the 10 + 180 days. I want to make sure I understand, and anyone's input is fine. Here's what I think I know:
If you have a WDW resort reservation, you can begin booking ADRs 180 days from the first day of your stay AND for the rest of your stay as long as you are not staying more than 10 days total? Is this basically correct? Thanks!

Yes. You got it! :thumbsup2

The discount that's for "Disney Visa Cardholders" - if I have the Disney Visa Debit Card - would I be able to get that discount (if that particular discount becomes available?)

ErinsMommy said:
The discount that's for "Disney Visa Cardholders" - if I have the Disney Visa Debit Card - would I be able to get that discount (if that particular discount becomes available?)

Yes, it is for debit and credit holders.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DznyDreams said:

Yes that is correct!

Has anyone received a pin code for 2013? I received about 452 of them for 2012, but of course I am not going in 2012.

Just wondered if anyone had seen them or if anyone might know when they would come out?

Thanks!

I'm the same way. We didn't get to go last year and had tons of pins. Granted, most of them were the same deals they were offering the public, but it was still really nice to get them. Nothing for 2013 yet. Waiting patiently... :)

Hoping to escape the winter here in January! Free Dining, Free Dining! :cheer2:

Subscribing to this thread. :)

I am dying waiting to find out if January will have free dining. I have made some ADRs for the week I want (1/26-2/2) but am waiting to hear about free dining before I book airlines. I do have a question though.....should I book a package now through Disney with room, tickets and dining or should I just wait until the free dining is released? I am new to this. Is it easier to wait until free dining is released to book a package or should I book now and call and add free dining when (fingers crossed) it comes out? What do the experts recommend?

I'm no expert but I would say depends what kind of resort and room. If you want the new aoa value resort id say book now. Standard rooms are going quick from what I hear. I'd say it dosnt hurt to book anywhere now. You can always change dates or packages.

I am dying waiting to find out if January will have free dining. I have made some ADRs for the week I want (1/26-2/2) but am waiting to hear about free dining before I book airlines. I do have a question though.....should I book a package now through Disney with room, tickets and dining or should I just wait until the free dining is released? I am new to this. Is it easier to wait until free dining is released to book a package or should I book now and call and add free dining when (fingers crossed) it comes out? What do the experts recommend?

I think if you are definitely going to take the trip, whether FD is offered or not, you should go ahead and book the package you want. If you are only going to make the trip if FD is offered, there is really no use in booking until you find out.

I feel it doesn't really matter.
A specific number of rooms in each resort will be set aside for the sale.
If you book now, you might have to choose another resort anyway, if your chosen resort doesn't have enough rooms in the sale, or enough of the "view" type you book.
Booking now does not guarantee you the same type of room in the sale.
Nor does it secure you a room over anyone else booking with free dining later.
Your free dining room will come out of the free dining "pool" as it were.

Not to mention, no one even knows WHEN the dates might be, so if your dates are off, you'll have to change your ressie anyway.

IF you want a type of room MORE than you want free dining, as in, you will NOT use the free dining sale if you can't get that type of room in that resort, then book now.

Hope that helps!!!

so im wondering and I am hoping that I am very wrong but do you think that they wont offer free dining becuase of the amount of people that will be coming for the opening of the new fantsy land? They wont need anything to draw the crowds becuase they will already have that nitch.
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter