• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2013

I know we are all counting down the days now. YAY!!:woohoo: Im so excited for our trip and for everyone that is about to embark on magical adventures of your own! I wanted to ask a question if I may. My family has only taken 1 vacation before. We drove for 27 hours to MA when DH came home from Afghanistan last time. Packing was eh. lol I only had 3 kids, it was still pretty warm so summer clothes were small and in full swing. Ive begun packing but man am I overwhelmed! We have another baby now and while his clothes are small, he comes with so much stuff! :eek:

My question is, do any of you have a system for this? Oh and I should mention this trip is a surprise so packing has to be in secret......which makes things harder.
How exciting! What a great surprise for the kids. I admit that I am an over-packer but on our last trip I really planned what the kids would be wearing each day and put everything they needed in a big zip lock bag, including socks and underwear. It helped me fit everything in and not pack too many extra clothes. It also made it easier for the kids to get themselves dressed in the morning. Doing laundry is always on option so pack quarters and some travel size thing of laundry soap. :laundy:

FYI I just posted a ton of adrs over on the cancellation page yesterday. If anyone has a trip planned and is trying to get adrs for jan 2-11th it may be worth checking out.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know about Target, but I have seen the small ones at Wal Mart. Then you could have a Mickey one and green and red ones.

Thanks! We will check that out! We have a couple of the Mickey shaped balloons from a while back, so we may try those, or get a couple mylars since I know those usually stay floating in my ceiling for weeks....

I love that now when I'm on the dining reservations webpage stalking BOG ressies I only have to click to change the calendar once! :rotfl:

I have no idea, suggestions are welcome.:rotfl:

It'll depend on how soon you want to tell her. You could do like EpcotIsMyFave and put balloons in a box with a note attached to it that says you are going to Disney World. If you did it on Christmas, you could also do like she is and add a countdown chain. When we were going to go on our oldest DS's birthday, we were going to wait until we were headed to the airport. We were going to act like we were taking the DSs to a doctor apt and then give my DS a birthday card. It was going to be from Mickey inviting him to spend his birthday at Disney World. You could try that, if you wanted to wait until the last minute. You could even have her open several birthday presents that are all things she could use on a WDW trip.

H & I just booked a last minute, adults-only, long weekend in WDW from 1/24 to 1/27!

We're going to be there for my 30th birthday :cloud9:

This will be our 2nd trip to the World... our first was last month with our 3 girls and we are HOOKED ON DISNEY! :rotfl:

I really wanted to do something special for my 30th and we were looking at going to Mexico for 3 nights, but we had so so so much fun last month that we decided to just go back!

We are doing a more budget friendly trip this time since it's just the two of us. We are staying at Pop (previously stayed at AoA- Nemo) and are doing the DDP (previously did the DxDP -- NEVER AGIAN, toooooo much food!)

Here's our schedule:

Thursday 1/24: Arrive @ MCO from Newark around 4:30p. Check in to hotel and head to DTD for the night. Use 1 counter service meal for dinner.

Friday 1/25: Be @ MK for Rope Drop (opens @ 9), 9:50 breakfast @ Crystal Palace (new for us), lunch will be 2 snack credits, 5:30 dinner @ Cape May Cafe Clam Bake, then off to Epcot for EMH until 11p.

Saturday 1/26 (My birthday!): Breakfast at Pop, 8a EMH @ DHS, head over to MK around noon, CS lunch at BOG, back to our hotel around 6, get changed and head to Poly for Wishes on the beach @ 8 and 'Ohana birthday dinner at 8:40p. Back to the hotel after dinner

Sunday 1/27: Our flight leaves @ 8:10a, so we will be up & out early.

We have a jam packed 3 days, but that's what I wanted. If I wanted to lay down and relax I would have stuck with our original plan of heading to an all inclusive in Mexico :laughing:

I'm happy to join you & excited to have another Disney Vacation countdown going on!!! :love:

37 days here. We have all of our Adr's and plans. Nothing left to do but wait. Hurry up and get here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter