January 2014 discount watch!!

Hi there!!

I think we only live about 1 hour from Bloomington. We're in Plainfield. We love booking with Southwest. No luggage fees, and no change air fees. We booked them for October also for flights from Indy to Orlando. I'm so glad I got them early. Our October flights have gone up quite a bit since we booked.

I just learned yesterday that if you are on Southwest's website and you book one of the Airtran flights, then you get the same SW policy of no luggage fee or change air fee....but you have to be booking from SW's site. The only difference is it is not open seating on Airtran. They assign seating at check in.

Have fun planning your Disney trip! We are going 01/25 coming home 02/01. We are going back to CSR this trip. We loved it last time. Just heard that package booking begins on July 10. Now let's hope we get free dining.

I agree SW is the way to go. I like the no luggage fees as well. We are still trying to make our final decisions, but I'm ready to jump on a get going NOW:yay:

Just read this on Allears.net

Starting July 10, vacation packages for 2014 arrivals to Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa will be available for booking. These packages can be booked only for travel up to 499 days before arrival, and travel must conclude by December 31, 2014.

Can't wait!!:yay:

:banana: LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!

Now, how many of you use a TA versus booking on your own?? Either way, I know I'm booking the airfare on my own. Just wondering which is easier. I tend to book all my trips myself but since I haven't been to Disney in over 15 years, it might be easier to use a TA. Thoughts?

Oh did I mention, WOOO LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!! :woohoo:

:banana: LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!

Now, how many of you use a TA versus booking on your own?? Either way, I know I'm booking the airfare on my own. Just wondering which is easier. I tend to book all my trips myself but since I haven't been to Disney in over 15 years, it might be easier to use a TA. Thoughts?

Oh did I mention, WOOO LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!! :woohoo:

I book my own airfare but I go through a TA for everything else (except for Universal if we go there for a day). I'm comfortable with booking things myself but I adore my TA and I always feel like I am being pampered a bit with her doing all the work for me.

:cheer2:

Hi January folks.

I'm a bit rusty planning a WDW vacation. Just got a great airfare on Jet Blue ($204 pp rt) for 1/28 - 2/1/14. However, there is "No Availability" for all of the EPCOT resorts for that period. Seems odd. Are more rooms released late-summer, early-fall?

Do room only discounts still come out Aug/Sept.?

Thanks for your insight while I get back in planning mode.

Hi January folks.

I'm a bit rusty planning a WDW vacation. Just got a great airfare on Jet Blue ($204 pp rt) for 1/28 - 2/1/14. However, there is "No Availability" for all of the EPCOT resorts for that period. Seems odd. Are more rooms released late-summer, early-fall?

Hi, the 2014 rates haven't been released yet if you were checking online for package deals. They have said the new rates will be released on July 10th. I hope this helps.

Hi January folks.

We also just booked great airfare ($186 pp rt non-stop) for 1/18-1/25. I believe the "no availability" is due to 2014 room rates not being set yet.

Last year, January room discounts came out in October

We also just booked great airfare ($186 pp rt non-stop) for 1/18-1/25. I believe the "no availability" is due to 2014 room rates not being set yet.

Last year, January room discounts came out in October

You can call and book room only right now. Package pricing will be released on July 10th.

Hi All
I was looking to travel 1/25-1/31 or 2/1. I realize the package prices are not out yet,but I was on the WDW site looking for hotel availability. Some of the resorts have no availability for these dates. Is there something going on that week or weekend that I am overlooking? Any ideas?

Hi All
I was looking to travel 1/25-1/31 or 2/1. I realize the package prices are not out yet,but I was on the WDW site looking for hotel availability. Some of the resorts have no availability for these dates. Is there something going on that week or weekend that I am overlooking? Any ideas?

It will show unavailable until the packages are released on the 10th. I don't believe there is anything of note going on then.

Just booked my room for Jan 26-Feb 1 at BLT! So excited. Hoping there is a decent discount. Last year, BLT was excluded from the Disney visa discount list :-/

Just booked my room for Jan 26-Feb 1 at BLT! So excited. Hoping there is a decent discount. Last year, BLT was excluded from the Disney visa discount list :-/

Is there a discount for Disney Visa holders for jan 2014? If so I'd love the link! THANKS!:cloud9:

Is there a discount for Disney Visa holders for jan 2014? If so I'd love the link! THANKS!:cloud9:

Like the PP said, they are usually released early October. We got a Disney visa discount for that time period last year for VWL. Hoping BLT is included somewhere in the discounts for 2014.

I recieved Mickey Mail today! It stated that the 2014 rates have been released (though I keep reading here July 10) and that the rates I quoted were more than the actual rate!? They issued a refund and adjusted my itinerary for me. That was a nice surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter