January 2014 discount watch!!

Hi All,
Quick question,I am currently booked 1/25 to 2/1 in POFQ in a package tkts standard room, 7 day tickets no park hopper and dining plan.

If there is a s/p/d deal,how do I figure out discount vs the RO discount. My kids are 9 and 10 so I have 3 adults and 1 child. Not attached to resort so changing to another moderate would be ok if RO was better. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Mary Kay

With 3 adults the SPD discount would save you more IF you want and would use the DDP the way it's intended. If you would rather go OOP or don't want to plan sit down meals Id go with the room discount.

Question about possible MLK blackout dates for discount. If we are going Jan 18-25 and the beginning of my trip is blacked out for the RO discount will we need two room reservations? Can someone tell me how that will work. Thanks.

Yes. Discounts are applied according to your check in date so you'd have to start your second res on a day the discount is being offered.

I am confused. We usually travel to WDW in October, and have always gotten a RO discount. We will be going in January next time around, staying at (hopefully with a discount) at a value, from jan. 2-7, then we have rented points for the WL from the 7-10.

My question is this: if we are checking into a resort on the 2nd, but the discounts start on the 5th, will we have jan. 5-6 at the discounted rate,,and the rest at rack rate all on one reservation? Or will we need to actually make 2 separate reservations? If we need two separate reservations, we can still attach the 6 day park tickets to the first reservation because they don't expire for 14 days after you use them, right?

I am confused. We usually travel to WDW in October, and have always gotten a RO discount. We will be going in January next time around, staying at (hopefully with a discount) at a value, from jan. 2-7, then we have rented points for the WL from the 7-10.

My question is this: if we are checking into a resort on the 2nd, but the discounts start on the 5th, will we have jan. 5-6 at the discounted rate,,and the rest at rack rate all on one reservation? Or will we need to actually make 2 separate reservations? If we need two separate reservations, we can still attach the 6 day park tickets to the first reservation because they don't expire for 14 days after you use them, right?

You need to make 2 separate reservations. All discounts are eligible based on your check in date. You can absolutely put all your tickets onto 1 reservation and just use them over the course of 14 days :thumbsup2

psttt hello don´t tell anybody that you have seen me, the next offer will be room only and you can book from October 8 to stay from January 5 to April 12 the discount will be around the same of the last year room offer for that period ok? I wish all of You a Magical life pixiedust:

Thank you for the information. It's always appreciated by me.

You need to make 2 separate reservations. All discounts are eligible based on your check in date. You can absolutely put all your tickets onto 1 reservation and just use them over the course of 14 days :thumbsup2

Thanks! For those who have done two reservations at the same resort, will they keep us in the same room? And will we have to check out then recheck into the resort? Seems like it would be easier for disney to just adjust the reservation for the discounted nights and keep it all together. But if we have to make two, that's what we will do. Appreciate the advice!

Thanks! For those who have done two reservations at the same resort, will they keep us in the same room? And will we have to check out then recheck into the resort? Seems like it would be easier for disney to just adjust the reservation for the discounted nights and keep it all together. But if we have to make two, that's what we will do. Appreciate the advice!

When it's a room only discount, you don't need to two separate reservations. When it's a package discount with tickets and meals included, then you'll need two separate reservations. That's how it was explained to me, anyway.

But, even when you have two reservations, they go out of their way to accommodate you. When we had two reservations, we stayed in the same room and they actually came to our room with the paperwork on check-out/check-in day so we didn't even have to stop at the front to sign things. They called the day before and arranged a time that worked within our plans for the day. It was slick!

Probably a dumb question.... we come during the S/P/D promo, 2 adults and we stay at AS Sports. We get the Q/S for the price of a child right (15.75 p/d). What if we want to upgrade to the regular dining plan so we can have a sit down meal each day. How do we figure out how much we have to pay to upgrade?

Probably a dumb question.... we come during the S/P/D promo, 2 adults and we stay at AS Sports. We get the Q/S for the price of a child right (15.75 p/d). What if we want to upgrade to the regular dining plan so we can have a sit down meal each day. How do we figure out how much we have to pay to upgrade?

You would pay the 15.75 plus the different between the QSDP and the DDP which is 19.02. Total would be 34.77 each night.

I was able to stay in same room but I had to go recheckin for second res.
What I did was had pkg only starting on Thurs., well found it was cheaper to fly out wed so added a room only night onto pkg. so I had 2 ressies. I did online checkin for both and reinforced we had continuing res. when I checked in for room only. There was msg on our room phone that we could call and they would bring Pkg. KTTW up to room between certain hrs. day of pkg starting but I just went down and got them so we could get to parks.

Will this offer be released as a Disney Visa offer first or is it just going right to a general public offer?

When it's a room only discount, you don't need to two separate reservations. When it's a package discount with tickets and meals included, then you'll need two separate reservations. That's how it was explained to me, anyway. But, even when you have two reservations, they go out of their way to accommodate you. When we had two reservations, we stayed in the same room and they actually came to our room with the paperwork on check-out/check-in day so we didn't even have to stop at the front to sign things. They called the day before and arranged a time that worked within our plans for the day. It was slick!
This is correct.

I was able to stay in same room but I had to go recheckin for second res.
What I did was had pkg only starting on Thurs., well found it was cheaper to fly out wed so added a room only night onto pkg. so I had 2 ressies. I did online checkin for both and reinforced we had continuing res. when I checked in for room only. There was msg on our room phone that we could call and they would bring Pkg. KTTW up to room between certain hrs. day of pkg starting but I just went down and got them so we could get to parks.

But this, too, is because part of your trip was booked with a package. RO discounts are a different beast. If it is just rack rate for some nights and RO rate for some nights, no need for 2 separate reservations, at least not last time we did this.

But this, too, is because part of your trip was booked with a package. RO discounts are a different beast. If it is just rack rate for some nights and RO rate for some nights, no need for 2 separate reservations, at least not last time we did this.

It would need to be if you check in before the promotion begins, even a RO. They can't apply it to start midway through.

When I want RO (and I do this time), I typically just buy our tickets when we arrive. However, now with the Magic Bands and FP online before we leave, I want tickets linked so I can do that. Anyone know if I can buy tickets online through Disney and then link them to the reservation without it becoming a package?

When I want RO (and I do this time), I typically just buy our tickets when we arrive. However, now with the Magic Bands and FP online before we leave, I want tickets linked so I can do that. Anyone know if I can buy tickets online through Disney and then link them to the reservation without it becoming a package?

Yeah, just do your room and then go to the tickets section of the website and buy tickets. Just do it separately.

ugh -- no POFQ. I love the resort so much...

I've been following this topic (Jan 2014) for months now and I've never seen anything that said POFQ was excluded. Maybe I've missed it in this topic...did you get that information here?

Too many pages to look through in topic, but I know there were one or two examples of people who booked POFQ last year during S/P/D.

With 3 adults the SPD discount would save you more IF you want and would use the DDP the way it's intended. If you would rather go OOP or don't want to plan sit down meals Id go with the room discount.

Thanks aaarcher,you are very helpful. Yes we like to use the DDP for sit down meals. When using the s/p/d deal is there any way to upgrade my 9 yo to the adult ddp?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter