January 2014 Rental Car Deal Watch

MapleGirl

Perpetual Planner
Let's work together to get the best rates on our January 2014 rental cars!​
:drive::car::drive:

If you find a great deal (or want to track prices and codes) please post your deal here!

For 1/5-1/12 Hotwire has the following deal:

Sixt (not in MCO airport)
Car daily rate: $25.71
Estimated taxes and fees: $66.08
Estimated subtotal: $246.08

My goal is to be around $100 for the week. No vehicle preference.

Dates: 1/5-1/12
Company: Fox (not in airport)
Car: Chevy Aveo or Similar
Total Price: $226.61 ($169.50/week + $57.11 estimated taxes and fees)

I've made my first reservation!

$388.84
EZ Rent
Premium (Volvo S60 or similar)
From Travelocity.com

Subbing in to watch for good prices. We will need one for marathon weekend. January 10-15 for us.

Just a quick bump for those looking for the January thread :)

I have reserved a compact (Ford Focus or similar) from EZ Rental Cars (in terminal) for $185.74 (8 days). I used the 5% coupon on their website.

I have reserved a compact (Ford Focus or similar) from EZ Rental Cars (in terminal) for $185.74 (8 days). I used the 5% coupon on their website.

Does anyone have any experience with EZ Rentals or Fox? I have thought of using them, but I am a bit nervous since I know nothing about these companies.

Looking for a mini van for Jan 13 - 27 from Sanford airport. Really hoping not to pay a fortune.

I'm looking for Jan 11-18th. I want either Hertz, Thrifty, Alamo or Enterprise. I won't use the ones that aren't in the airport, I have heard HORROR stories....

So if you have a promo code (I prefer Enterprise or Alamo as my first choices) I'd love to see what people have.

I rented in June from 8-15th with Alamo and thanks to the nice people on this board I got a promo code and paid $119 for a full sized for a week. Let's see if we can do better this time :)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Does anyone have any experience with EZ Rentals or Fox? I have thought of using them, but I am a bit nervous since I know nothing about these companies.

I have heard that the cars are in pretty rough shape but I have never used them to know for sure. I have also heard they are VERY aggressive in their up-selling tactics, making you take the insurance etc

Hi Everyone, just to let you know. I follow this Jan Trans thread every year because i almost always go to WDW in January. And, best deals come out late November early december, prices just drop like crazy for a lot of dates, except for first week and may be spotty MLK weekend. I just keep logging on all of Nov 15 to Dec 25 to the boards here follow along- the go to the websites and see all kinds of deals.
I've had no problems with AVIS offsite, i was worried but it went smoothly.
Aveo for 7 days - $102 (no i'm not kidding) - so be patient, January is the best month to go!!! :cheer2:

I used Orbitz to rent a midsize size car from Firefly (apparently run by Hertz) for Jan 3-9, 2014 at $118.30 (no insurance added).

They are apparently opening next month and have a counter at the airport. I await the reviews from other renters!

I'm totally new to this.

Just kind of deciding we want a rental, too.

We're at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo for four nights; then off-site at JW Marriott Grande Lakes for one night (this is due to stupid planning on my part, we have an extra night); then cruising for four nights from Port Canaveral.

Does anyone know if it's possible to rent at Orlando airport, incoming, and then return the car in Port Canaveral, before the cruise?

Our dates are Jan. 21 - 26. (Not including the cruise portion.)

Thanks, y'all!

I'm totally new to this.

Just kind of deciding we want a rental, too.

We're at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo for four nights; then off-site at JW Marriott Grande Lakes for one night (this is due to stupid planning on my part, we have an extra night); then cruising for four nights from Port Canaveral.

Does anyone know if it's possible to rent at Orlando airport, incoming, and then return the car in Port Canaveral, before the cruise?

Our dates are Jan. 21 - 26. (Not including the cruise portion.)

Thanks, y'all!

It will probably be cheaper to rent at WDW and drop it of at Pt. Canaveral. Last Jan we did a one way rental from the Dolphin to Pt. Canaveral for $50. One way from an airport is usually very expensive. To an airport of port is usually pretty reasonable.

Cool, I'll check out renting from WDW to Port Canaveral, thanks.

I think we can get free Magic Express from the airport to resort, with our AKL Jambo Villas stay -- ? -- so maybe we can use that coming in, and pick up the rental car a couple of days later.

Cool, I'll check out renting from WDW to Port Canaveral, thanks.

I think we can get free Magic Express from the airport to resort, with our AKL Jambo Villas stay -- ? -- so maybe we can use that coming in, and pick up the rental car a couple of days later.

Yes, you are eligible for magical express. You can rent a car at WDW either at the auto service center (near MK) or at the Dolphin. I rented from the Dolphin because it was easy to get to, but I think the rental agency at the auto service center will send a shuttle to your hotel if you rent from there.

I'm totally new to this. Just kind of deciding we want a rental, too. We're at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo for four nights; then off-site at JW Marriott Grande Lakes for one night (this is due to stupid planning on my part, we have an extra night); then cruising for four nights from Port Canaveral. Does anyone know if it's possible to rent at Orlando airport, incoming, and then return the car in Port Canaveral, before the cruise? Our dates are Jan. 21 - 26. (Not including the cruise portion.) Thanks, y'all!
. Sure you can, just chose a different drop off location when you rent. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter