January 2015....Let the planning begin!

subscribing. Sending my DD and her friend for early college graduation present at OKW and BWV . Still looking for possible car rental and other extras and ideas.

So, Southwest opened flights today and they were more expensive than I was hoping. I am going to have to take some time off from work to do this trip and I need to get the time approved. I wanted to do that before paying for nonrefundable flights, but I can't put in for off until September. Any chances the flight prices will go down instead of up?

Also, does anyone have experience flying other airlines that they would suggest instead of Southwest? I'm wary of the baggage fees and other incidentals that would not make it worth flying another airline.

Thanks!

So, Southwest opened flights today and they were more expensive than I was hoping. I am going to have to take some time off from work to do this trip and I need to get the time approved. I wanted to do that before paying for nonrefundable flights, but I can't put in for off until September. Any chances the flight prices will go down instead of up? Also, does anyone have experience flying other airlines that they would suggest instead of Southwest? I'm wary of the baggage fees and other incidentals that would not make it worth flying another airline. Thanks!

Interesting, fees were lower than I was expecting! I was however disappointed in the lack of flights they had to offer on our dates. We moved our trip up one day to get better flight choices. This means DS misses an extra day of school, but that's ok by me.

So, Southwest opened flights today and they were more expensive than I was hoping. I am going to have to take some time off from work to do this trip and I need to get the time approved. I wanted to do that before paying for nonrefundable flights, but I can't put in for off until September. Any chances the flight prices will go down instead of up? Also, does anyone have experience flying other airlines that they would suggest instead of Southwest? I'm wary of the baggage fees and other incidentals that would not make it worth flying another airline. Thanks!

Definitely check out other airlines. Southwest is always a go to because of free bags but this year we are flying on someone else for less than we have ever paid on Southwest including the baggage fees.

There are typically a lot of flights to Orlando. The best time to book is generally 54 days out according to studies that have been done. The airlines wait and see how many seats they need to fill before discounting the prices. Just like Disney waits to see how many rooms need to be filled before discounting them. For us planners, waiting until 54 days out for airfare can be a taxing exercise in patience but it usually pays off. Compare flight prices for September right now and see how they compare to prices in January. My own are about $100/person less on the same days in September.

Today I booked flights myself & purchased park hoppers from AAA for January trip. Room is booked, but waiting on DH employee discount rates to hopefully bring down the cost.

I always feel happy when I have a future WDW in the works! :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hey there! We will be heading to Disney for our Honeymoon. We actually arrive on 12/30, but don't leave until 1/10. Figure that way we can experience New Years Eve and only have a few days of the crazy crowds.

Does this group have a Facebook page? I live the boards, but I am on Facebook so much more.

Thanks!!

When Stay, Play, and Dine was offered last year, how did it work? Was the room rate regular price but tickets and dining were charged at children's rates? Also, did the dining discount affect what you could order?

Thanks in advance for any info, and here's hoping they will offer similar (or better) discounts in January!

I'm so excited because I was able to trade my timeshare points into a one-bedroom Boardwalk Villa! :yay: DS and I will be arriving Jan. 25 and staying for a week. I haven't made any plans yet, but just had to share the good news!! It's our first stay at the BWV and we're really looking forward to staying there.

I'm booked for a Car's family suite at AoA in January. Super excited, and first time we'll be there this long, 10 days!! Also visiting Universal while there this time. :cheer2:

Can someone tell me if there are an blackout dates in January for the Play Stay and Dine Promo? Also, do your dates have to fall within the promo dates or is it more similar to FD where it's the check in date only?

Thanks...we might be booking a back up trip due to WL construction...we are not sure we want to stay at GF and were considering moving dates

We will be there on our first trip with our 4.5 year old (by then) from Jan 13-19th, staying at teh Villas of Wilderness Lodge. REally looking forward to.

See you all there!

Joining in!

We will be at POFQ Jan. 25- Feb. 1. First time there, as DH and I have decided we really like trying a new resort each trip (even though we've thoroughly enjoyed every resort we've stayed at).

We'll be driving as it's only about 6.5 hours for us. We do plan to mainly use WDW transportation while we're there.

I've also planned out food for this trip. With the exception of Sassagoula at POFQ, where we'll probably get breakfast some mornings, every place we eat will be a new one to try for our family. The last few trips we've stuck to our favorites, so I wanted to throw an element of fun in.

The one unknown for this trip is whether our older DS will be joining us. He just graduated high school in May and is in the delayed enlistment program to go in the Air Force. A call to go to basic could come at any time, and we don't know how long his tech school will be depending on what job he ends up getting. He could still end up being able to go depending on when he gets a break.

I mainly booked the week I did because it will be low crowds, good weather, I shouldn't have any work conflicts, and younger DS won't have any conflicts with school or activities. DH starts a new job next week (after retiring AF in May and working a temporary job the last few months) but he should be able to get off by then. This could still change, but hopefully everything will be a go!

We are booked at POR January 15 - January 24!!

We just got back from a quick trip in June ... ready to get back!!

Also booked at POR January 16-25th :yay:

My boys are January babies so we'll be celebrating both their birthdays this year while in disney world. Sooooo excited!!!!

We will be at WDW Dec. 29-Jan. 5! Staying 5 (free!) nights at the swan and 2 nights on points at BLT. It's our first time at our home resort :)

We will have DVC APs and dining OOP.

I have 2 boys, 8 and 6 and a wonderful DH. We've never been on a true holiday so this is sure to be an adventure. And! The trip is a surprise for the lil ones.

I'm going to have to go back and get caught up on this thread. I'd love to get this groups thoughts on our plans, so I'll be back soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter