January 2015

Regardless of where we stay, I've already planned our park days and have some ADRs taken care of. Trying places we haven't before. Akershus (DD will be almost 3 and loves Princesses), Hollywood & Vine (all of my kids still watch Disney Junior), 'Ohana (have been for breakfast and loved it. Have heard good things about dinner), Jiko (excited to check out Animal Kingdom Lodge), and Whispering Canyon (also to check out Wilderness Lodge).

We did Arkershus breakfast when my daughter was 3 and she absolutely loved it! We are going to do it again when we go in January because of how good of a meal it was for us (and CRT is closed so can't try it). She was able to meet, get autographs, and pictures from Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel. So if your daughter loves princesses then that should be a great meal for her.

What dates did you go?

It was the last week of January, it was sunny the first two days and then rain after that….

We still had fun, just would have liked it if I had brought more jeans. Luckily I had my Northface. :thumbsup2

Didn't have to worry about drying my bathing suits in the bathroom. :rotfl:

It was the last week of January, it was sunny the first two days and then rain after that…. We still had fun, just would have liked it if I had brought more jeans. Luckily I had my Northface. :thumbsup2 Didn't have to worry about drying my bathing suits in the bathroom. :rotfl:

Did it rain all day? Looking back at the weather report it looks like it was nice all week. Good temps, I don't think I saw that it rained

Also staying in Jan 2015. Is the SPD discount resort specific as well or can you get this for any resort? We have 4 adults in one room and 3 adults in another so the SPD discount would be huge savings for us. Planning on POR.

We will be there January 5-13 at POP
Already booked that as Art of Animation ( regular rooms) were already sold out.
Booked through AAA for 84 per night. So hoping for free dining.pixiedust:
Flights via Southwest were 121 p/p each was non-stop from Providence
JetBlue was 100 total more.
There are no other non-stop from PVD to MCO

Sorry if this was already asked, any speculations on AoA being included on possible Jan promos?

Welp, it's looking like we will be a go for a January WDW trip!! Yaaaay!!!

Would it be a terrible idea to wait until October, when the discounts are released, to book? That may make a difference in where we want to stay.

I have my heart set on Boardwalk Inn, but I think my 5 year old son would go crazy over Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Our first trip (early Jan), we didn't book until the week of Thanksgiving. We still got a courtyard view at WL. (we actually booked a standard view, but were bumped up to courtyard view at check in.)

Our other trip (last week of Jan/first week of Feb) we booked in Oct. I hit an airfare sale - $65/person/flight -for non stop flights at ideal times! So I hopped on that! Booked the flights, booked the rooms, booked the ADRs, and somehow kept it all a secret from DD!

Did it rain all day? Looking back at the weather report it looks like it was nice all week. Good temps, I don't think I saw that it rained

we were there Jan 26 - Feb 1st, first three days were sunny and 70's. Wednesday and Thursday the high was 50. My husband actually went into the hot tub while I sat on the edge with my jeans and Northface on. He was the only one in the hot tub and then the pool. :thumbsup2 Friday it warmed to like 60. It wasn't a downpour every day, just enough that we had to wear our rain poncho's. Our last day there the sun did come out finally in the afternoon, just in time to head to the airport. :rotfl: I guess it was four days of icky weather.

Welp, it's looking like we will be a go for a January WDW trip!! Yaaaay!!!

Would it be a terrible idea to wait until October, when the discounts are released, to book? That may make a difference in where we want to stay.

I have my heart set on Boardwalk Inn, but I think my 5 year old son would go crazy over Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I think you are fine waiting as long as you are not going for the Marathon.

I haven't been back on this thread in a while, but I wanted to thank everyone for the advice regarding the weather. I'm 99% sure that I'm going to take my chances on scheduling a short trip for Jan. 23 - 28th. My first trip was in July and I'm so ready to get back there!!!!

Went ahead and booked a ASMovies standard room (I'll probably ask for Mighty Ducks) for a solo trip in Jan.

I have an AP this year (due to having 3 trips for 2014, I'm usually a once a year visitor but some stars aligned and I ended up with extra opportunities, so an AP was the same as stand alone tickets) and since it expires in the beginning of March I wanted to see if I could fit in one more trip and get the most out of it as I doubt I'll be renewing.

I prefer room only reservations (FD and SPD do not save me money) and prefer value when I solo trip so since Movies was the only All Star I hadn't stayed at and I know it's popular with families with kids so I went ahead and booked for the last week in Jan.

Also got a decent air fare when the dates were released. Booked two one ways so I can price adjust (love SW).

I am hoping that my room category will be included in either the winter GP sale or the AP sale, but if not I am happy with the rack rate so that I can stay at Movies even with out a discount.

I have already stayed at Music and Sports and liked those stays, also have stayed at the LM AoA rooms but they weren't my favorite and POP does not appeal to me AT ALL, so even with discounts I'm not sure I would take a room there.

i've now changed our dates 3 times! :scared1: Southwest just makes it way too easy with their no change fees. Wish I could find info on whether there will be a bunch of dance or cheer comps when we are there. :confused3

Thrilled to say I booked our flight and made a reservation at POR today!!! Prepared to go one way or the other, but definitely hoping for a discount.

i've now changed our dates 3 times! :scared1: Southwest just makes it way too easy with their no change fees. Wish I could find info on whether there will be a bunch of dance or cheer comps when we are there. :confused3

Don't know about athletic groups but the tour groups from South America are usually around in January. I think they usually stay Value.

Does anyone know what the dates are for the marathon in January?
thanks

The half marathon is January 9 and the full marathon is January 10. I know because I crazily signed up to run both this year. I'm doing my trip after the races as I think it will be a little less crowded that week then the week leading up to it. However, if I wasn't running then I'd probably do the trip another week later just to be safe from the crowds. That being said, this is my first time both running in the WDW marathon and taking a January trip to WDW.

Hi... we are going from Jan 3rd - Jan 9. Can anyone tell me if we would still be elegible for a room discount if the discount dates started, for example, on jan 4th? Thanks!

Hi... we are going from Jan 3rd - Jan 9. Can anyone tell me if we would still be elegible for a room discount if the discount dates started, for example, on jan 4th? Thanks!

I believe you can do that but would technically need to have two reservations. One for the 3rd that is non discounted and one for the the 4th through the 9th with the discounted rate.

Thanks so much! Could I split my reservation in two once I know the discount dates for sure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter