January 2015

We have booked the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise for the night of our MK day. I know we can take the monorail to the Contemporary, but how early should we leave MK? We have to be at the Cont. by 6:35. TIA!

The only thing available at the Yacht Club for Jan 11-15 was Club Level. I can't believe this really?!? Why wouldn't there be any regular rooms? Meanwhile, they have the Garden View CL rooms & there are only 5 of this type room in the entire resort - I find this odd??

The only thing available at the Yacht Club for Jan 11-15 was Club Level. I can't believe this really?!? Why wouldn't there be any regular rooms? Meanwhile, they have the Garden View CL rooms & there are only 5 of this type room in the entire resort - I find this odd??
Well the 11th is the marathon and a lot of the runners like to stay at either the Epcot area resorts. Many of them stay at least until Monday or Tuesday. That's my best guess.

Makes perfect sense. It just didn't occur to me since rates drop to value on jan 11. Oh well, guess I will have to suffer and try YC CL!

Subbing because I'm waiting for the discount too! We go every year at the end of Jan for both of my kids' birthdays, and have always gotten a great deal starting in Oct. We love that time of year...so much quieter. It's so hard to wait. I just want to start planning!

I also have to decide if I want to brave the construction at our favorite resort, Poly. Guess I'll wait and see what the prices look like :hyper:

We always stay at Poly. Love it! This trip in January we jumped ship and heading to GF because if all of the construction. I am a bit sad but I am sure as soon as we get to GF I will be happy.

We always stay at Poly. Love it! This trip in January we jumped ship and heading to GF because if all of the construction. I am a bit sad but I am sure as soon as we get to GF I will be happy.

We love it too…so much that we decided to book it! We got the deal we wanted so we figured we would do CL since there's no stress worrying about which longhouse we'll get. The construction will be different but we dealt with construction at Poly when they were rehabbing the rooms. It wasn't bad. I'm sure you'll love GF too though! As long as you're on the monorail, it's all gravy :cool2: Have fun!

Maybe I've missed it, but have we heard ANYTHING about release dates or what type of discounts they will release for 2015 yet? I know they've been released in the past around the second week of October but I've not seen any rumblings or rumors even :(

Maybe I've missed it, but have we heard ANYTHING about release dates or what type of discounts they will release for 2015 yet? I know they've been released in the past around the second week of October but I've not seen any rumblings or rumors even :(

I've been following a few threads and so far nothing. People are assuming sometime mid to late this week, but I think that's purely speculation based on when the discount came out last year. I know last year there was a poster that seemed to be privy to inside information and he/she was real good about keeping us updated, but due to a lot of negativity if things didn't pan out exactly as he/she speculated, this person no longer posts. Sad :-(.

In the past we have had a great resource in a poster who had some inside sources and was pretty good at predicting trends.

Last year people were absolutely atrocious towards him. He had three timelines and when the first two didn't appear (the third one did) there was much wailing and accuations. There were a few who literally set out to discredit and vilify him mostly for fun from the looks of it. He will no longer post any info and neither will a couple of bloggers who were in his network, so no threads speculating from him anymore.

Just another loss to internet creeps who love a good drama.

Oh that sucks!!! It must have been him that I relied on for my info :( I hate how people can get on the Internet in general. So much snark and ugliness. It hurts the rest of us.

In the past we have had a great resource in a poster who had some inside sources and was pretty good at predicting trends. Last year people were absolutely atrocious towards him. He had three timelines and when the first two didn't appear (the third one did) there was much wailing and accuations. There were a few who literally set out to discredit and vilify him mostly for fun from the looks of it. He will no longer post any info and neither will a couple of bloggers who were in his network, so no threads speculating from him anymore.

It's too bad, because the people who were jerks got results (got him to leave the boards) and are probably smirking about it, but those of us like me who were happy to see him post lose out on his advice. I was not able to take advantage of the free dining at the time as I could never find the package available for a party of 5 at POR, but I was happy for those who were able to book free dining, and as I said I enjoyed reading the posts of the poster who would give us hints.

The reason I so much appreciated this mystery person's information is so I could do "what if" scenarios BEFORE the actual discount was released. Obviously, we all want to be on the phone as soon as we can, but I don't want to be on the phone for two hours while the CM HOPEFULLY helps me figure out which discount I'm best using.

We love it too…so much that we decided to book it! We got the deal we wanted so we figured we would do CL since there's no stress worrying about which longhouse we'll get. The construction will be different but we dealt with construction at Poly when they were rehabbing the rooms. It wasn't bad. I'm sure you'll love GF too though! As long as you're on the monorail, it's all gravy :cool2: Have fun!

Thanks!! At least we can still stroll over and spend time there. Need my tonga toast and dole whip fix. I am hoping to book a bounce back for the Poly once we are there. Then all the construction will be complete.

Does anyone know what the rumored discounts are going to be?

Does anyone know what the rumored discounts are going to be?

People are speculating that it will be the stay/play/dine package. It roughly comes out to rack rate for the room, and children's prices for park passes and the dining plan. But, no one knows for certain what the discount will be.

I've read that there's a chance it might be free dining, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter