*** January 2019 Thread ***

I'm still 80 days from my September trip and just booked the January trip. Crazy.

Decided on AoA. Will be my first time there. Back and forth between that and POP. First time at a Value since my first trip 11 years ago. I'll kinda miss POFQ....
Has anyone ever gone in January before? Did you like it?
This will be my third January trip. I liked it.

How crowded are the parks during the first week of January? This will be my first time in WDW at that time of year. The crowd calendars I've seen online are worrying me.

How crowded are the parks during the first week of January? This will be my first time in WDW at that time of year. The crowd calendars I've seen online are worrying me.

Never been there at that time because from what I understand crowds are awful! Everyone is still on Christmas/New Years break. Go with a good plan and keep expectations in check.

Never been there at that time because from what I understand crowds are awful! Everyone is still on Christmas/New Years break. Go with a good plan and keep expectations in check.

We are early risers, we love rope drop, and we're currently ironing out the creases in our park plan. Hopefully with careful planning and low expectations, we'll be able to make the most out of our days. Because I'm in university and conducting research with my professor at the same time, Dec 24-Jan 6 is my only vacation time each year. This will be our first vacation in a long time.

Dec 23 to Jan 1 is just about the busiest time. For the reason you are going - it's the only vacation time most people get. The crowds drop after Jan 2 so you'll have a few relatively moderate days.

Dec 23 to Jan 1 is just about the busiest time. For the reason you are going - it's the only vacation time most people get. The crowds drop after Jan 2 so you'll have a few relatively moderate days.

I'm not sure about a few moderate days. Our school doesn't go back until Jan 7. And from my understanding many schools are like that. We considered going the first week on Jan because the kids were out but once I started researching decided against it.

Sorry about that. I should have been more clear; The crowds drop after Jan 2 so you'll have a few days that are less crowded than the week between Christmas and Jan 1.

I'm still 80 days from my September trip and just booked the January trip. Crazy.

Decided on AoA. Will be my first time there. Back and forth between that and POP. First time at a Value since my first trip 11 years ago. I'll kinda miss POFQ....

This will be my third January trip. I liked it.

I updated the roll call with your resort! :-)

We’re booked for our first trip!

Jan 22-24 AKL
Jan 24-31 BC

Really looking forward to celebrating my daughter’s 5th birthday while we’re there.

Can anyone tell me where to find events calendar for late January first week of February .I'm trying to plan my trip but want to know what other events are going on .

I've been several times during Marathon Weekend in January. Crowd wise, I didn't really think it was a huge impact on our vacation. We do try to avoid the parks the marathon is running through (even though that tends to be early morning) and we have our own vehicle. We are more affected driving to the parks with the detour/road blocks. We have a also been over MLK weekend and find that it is much more crowded in the parks.

Can anyone tell me where to find events calendar for late January first week of February .I'm trying to plan my trip but want to know what other events are going on .

@andera42, my understanding is that Disney releases the calendar on a rolling 190 day basis so you won't see the official one for a while. However, some sites like kennythepirate.com and touringplans.com get advanced release of the schedule so they publish their own calendars... subject to change, of course.

Someone else on this thread may have more to offer...

We are out of the 200's - 199 more days! I'm getting excited to make ADR's! My ADR day is a Saturday so I don't have to worry about rushing to work - woo hoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter