*** January 2019 Thread ***

Thanks so much for doing this and keeping it up, brewhome.

Fun to read about FP's and see where people are staying. There are four of us who are at POP at end of Jan/early Feb. Kinda fun to think that we may pass each other in the resort or even sit on a bus together and not even know it. I'm going solo and I haven't made any plans yet - well, Trail's End on Sat Feb2 - so I'm waiting on what FP's are available. I like to start my trip at MK and then AK on my travel day. Usually makes getting FOP realistic.

Selection day is Sat. Dec1 at 4AM for me. I have a fireworks show Friday night so won't get home until midnight and then a 7AM call on Sat. Gonna be crazy...

Been a busy couple of weeks, but FP’s are done. And we managed to get everything we wanted, including FOP and SDD. Refresh is such a good strategy, even in the booking stages of FP+.

The countdown is most definitely on now... 39 days till we depart, 45 till WDW!! :D

Reading everyone’s exciting updates in this thread is definitely helping to keep the excitement and anticipation levels high. Thanks for maintaining it and being awesome @brewhome ! :thanks:

Thanks so much for doing this and keeping it up, brewhome.

Fun to read about FP's and see where people are staying. There are four of us who are at POP at end of Jan/early Feb. Kinda fun to think that we may pass each other in the resort or even sit on a bus together and not even know it. I'm going solo and I haven't made any plans yet - well, Trail's End on Sat Feb2 - so I'm waiting on what FP's are available. I like to start my trip at MK and then AK on my travel day. Usually makes getting FOP realistic.

Selection day is Sat. Dec1 at 4AM for me. I have a fireworks show Friday night so won't get home until midnight and then a 7AM call on Sat. Gonna be crazy...

Thanks, @StageTek, I agree that it’s fun to see how other people’s trips are shaping up! I’m looking forward to trying Trail’s End this trip, too!

Updated trip dates: 1/6-1/11. Still at Pop. I also added DAH on 1/7 :) very excited!!

I updated the roll call, @absolutmey! Enjoy DAH!

Been a busy couple of weeks, but FP’s are done. And we managed to get everything we wanted, including FOP and SDD. Refresh is such a good strategy, even in the booking stages of FP+.

The countdown is most definitely on now... 39 days till we depart, 45 till WDW!! :D

Reading everyone’s exciting updates in this thread is definitely helping to keep the excitement and anticipation levels high. Thanks for maintaining it and being awesome @brewhome ! :thanks:

Thanks, @DisSteve89! I’m really enjoying the great posts from everyone! I can’t wait to hear how everyone’s trips went, too! Hopefully we will share lots of highlights.

We just finished paying for our trip. Jan 6-Jan 12. Staying at All Star Movies.

Husband had been a bunch. My son and I have been once. But our toddler....its her first trip and she is gonna lose her mind! She talks about it all the time but had no idea she is going!

We are so excited!!

PETER PAN IS GOING TO BE CLOSED THE WEEK WE'RE THERE!

I'm so upset right now

I really REALLY wanted that to be our first ride. Ster's never been and I couldn't think of a more magical way to start a Disney trip than soaring over London. We were gonna rope drop and get to see the new queue and everything

man, I know these things happen, but that is one of my all time favorite rides, and I can't believe we're not gonna be able to go.

DH was crushed. I told him we will be ok.

We are there in January - me and DH - 01/05 to 01/10 at Grand Floridian (Club Level).

We have the Military Salute tickets and was able to get *most* of my desired FP's at 60 days out. We did have a glitch where our FOP disappeared (so frustrating).

We will likely attend MK AHM on 01/07 (need to call them tomorrow to add). To do this, we'll have to sacrifice our California Grill ADR...

Hi, @TexanInTheMidwest, I’m sorry I missed your post earlier! I’ve added you to the roll call. Have a great trip!

We just finished paying for our trip. Jan 6-Jan 12. Staying at All Star Movies.

Husband had been a bunch. My son and I have been once. But our toddler....its her first trip and she is gonna lose her mind! She talks about it all the time but had no idea she is going!

We are so excited!!

Welcome, @rjejdisfam605! I’ve added you to the roll call. You will have so much fun watching your little one see everything for the first time! :-)

We must be disney crazy... at least I am. We extended our stay another day! :dogdance: Check-In at CBR 1/21 - 1/24 Poly 1/24 - 1/31. How long before I convince my DH to move to Florida....hmmm....

We must be disney crazy... at least I am. We extended our stay another day! :dogdance: Check-In at CBR 1/21 - 1/24 Poly 1/24 - 1/31. How long before I convince my DH to move to Florida....hmmm....

As a surprise to my girlfriend, I extended our vacation by one day, too.. though, we were originally only staying from 1/7-1/11 (now 1/7-1/12). We really wanted two days in Epcot so we don't feel rushed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter