• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** January 2019 Thread ***

Merry Christmas everyone! :santa:

Yes! I’m 25 days out and I keep looking at the weather like something is going to magically appear. I’m nervous about a snowstorm on the day we fly out. I’m even more nervous that Florida will be too cold to swim!! My kids would be bummed!
Pretty sure today is 26 days for us, haven't looked at the weather yet but I will soon so I can figure what to pack. DO NOT say snowstorm lol! We're from NY so there's a great 50/50 chance we can have one on the day we leave here :scared: As for swimming, I know I said upthread a bit that our last Jan. trip was colder there than back here in NY, and they actually closed the Poly and AKL pools a couple of those days, so let's all just hope for warmer days next year!

Our magic bands evidently came Christmas Eve and were delivered to our neighbors house. He was kind enough to bring them over and put the box inside the outer front door since we weren’t home. Problem is, we never go through the front door. Don’t know how long they would have sat there if he hadn’t happened to see me this morning when we were rolling out our trash. So the magic bands are here and it’s 24 days until we leave.

Merry Christmas everyone! :santa:

Pretty sure today is 26 days for us, haven't looked at the weather yet but I will soon so I can figure what to pack. DO NOT say snowstorm lol! We're from NY so there's a great 50/50 chance we can have one on the day we leave here :scared: As for swimming, I know I said upthread a bit that our last Jan. trip was colder there than back here in NY, and they actually closed the Poly and AKL pools a couple of those days, so let's all just hope for warmer days next year!
I’m in CT! The weather in the Northeast is fierce!

Hi! I don't think I've posted in this thread before, but I've been following it for a while. We leave NEXT FRIDAY for Disney (so excited to finally be able to say that). Our trip started out as a short 4 night Disney cruise, then we added two nights at the Poly after the cruise, then 2 nights at AKL before the cruise, then one day MK tickets, now we've added Early Morning Magic tickets to it also! This will be our 3rd Disney trip in 4 years and (according to DH) our last one for a few years. Now that Christmas is over, we are all getting so excited!

8 days! Obsessed with the forecast, but I know it's not going to be that accurate until within 5 days or so. Right now it's 70s the first 2 days and 60s the rest, and a 30% chance of rain pretty much every day *shrug* who knows how much that'll change in the next few days!

While I realize it really isn't that optimal, eating a late breakfast then an early dinner followed by a snack/dessert someplace isn't that bad/hard to do at Disney at all.

I've definitely done this before at Disneyland but it's a little harder because our body will be on West Coast time and that's like eating dinner at 12:55pm. We are taking that day really easy so we'll probably sleep in but who knows how that will work with the little ones' clocks all screwy.

The Fitbit is definitely fun to use in Disney! The most I've done at WDW in one day since I got mine is over 22,000 but I'm sure others can do a lot more. Great job getting to your savings goal too- feels wonderful to have a trip paid for so you can just go and enjoy!

My sister and I got our mom a fitbit for Christmas. Now we all have one and my sister is looking forward to seeing how much mileage we cover in a day in the parks.

Our magic bands evidently came Christmas Eve and were delivered to our neighbors house. He was kind enough to bring them over and put the box inside the outer front door since we weren’t home. Problem is, we never go through the front door. Don’t know how long they would have sat there if he hadn’t happened to see me this morning when we were rolling out our trash. So the magic bands are here and it’s 24 days until we leave.

Glad your neighbor was looking out for you guys!

30 days until our trip. We decide to tell our kids New Year's Day. Still not sure exactly how, I may buy a big Mickey ballon and wrap a box with that our tshirts, magic bands and gift cards with a sign that says we're going to Disney in --days.
Started a packing list for the odds and ends as well as a grocery list. Since we are staying offsite we will probably use Walmart pick up, just trying to figure out the best time to set up our pick up. I really wish Walmart scheduled pick ups later than 8 pm or early morning, anyone have luck with pick up after hours?

Hi! I don't think I've posted in this thread before, but I've been following it for a while. We leave NEXT FRIDAY for Disney (so excited to finally be able to say that). Our trip started out as a short 4 night Disney cruise, then we added two nights at the Poly after the cruise, then 2 nights at AKL before the cruise, then one day MK tickets, now we've added Early Morning Magic tickets to it also! This will be our 3rd Disney trip in 4 years and (according to DH) our last one for a few years. Now that Christmas is over, we are all getting so excited!

Hi, @StaciaRae, I do have you in the roll call, with this: StaciaRae -- 1/11/19-1/13/19 -- Poly

How can I update this to reflect your changes?

I leave in 10 days and have also been obsessed with the weather. we are missing the GREAT weather by week, but if the 65 and sunny holds out for Hubby's Birthday on January 6th, Ill be happy. thats jeans and a hoodie for me, shorts and a tshirt for him.

were in the single digit countdown now! 9 days! Kids got a good amount of money for Christmas which they’re taking so they can spend it on what souvenirs they want and I got an email from Alamo with a birthday coupon (my birthday was yesterday on Christmas Day) so for a van rental we’re paying $369 for 9 days!

30 days until our trip. We decide to tell our kids New Year's Day. Still not sure exactly how, I may buy a big Mickey ballon and wrap a box with that our tshirts, magic bands and gift cards with a sign that says we're going to Disney in --days.
Started a packing list for the odds and ends as well as a grocery list. Since we are staying offsite we will probably use Walmart pick up, just trying to figure out the best time to set up our pick up. I really wish Walmart scheduled pick ups later than 8 pm or early morning, anyone have luck with pick up after hours?

Is there a Whole Foods near where you're staying? Do you have Amazon Prime?
I know they have the Amazon lockers now so that might help you out.

Is there a Whole Foods near where you're staying? Do you have Amazon Prime?
I know they have the Amazon lockers now so that might help you out.

We are staying at Windsor hills, I do have Amazon prime. How do you find Amazon locker locations? Edit to say I searched and found info on the lockers but I'm not sure I could use those for groceries, since we are staying on a condo I'm not sure how delivery would work thru Amazon either

Last edited:
We are staying at Windsor hills, I do have Amazon prime. How do you find Amazon locker locations? Edit to say I searched and found info on the lockers but I'm not sure I could use those for groceries, since we are staying on a condo I'm not sure how delivery would work thru Amazon either

You can try Amazon Prime Now it will deliver within 2 hours to certain locations. If you have a car Walmart has grocery pick up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter