*** January 2019 Thread ***

Looked (way) ahead to the last week of January on accuweather and it's supposed to be in the 60s. It sounds wonderful as I have a -11 windchill here in MN.

I want to pack so bad but my husband thinks im crazy. There is just so much that needs to be packed and I feel like im going to run out of time

I want to pack so bad but my husband thinks im crazy. There is just so much that needs to be packed and I feel like im going to run out of time
Your a week out and he doesn't want you to pack? We are several weeks out and I have a packing list, grocery list, & a park bag list. I have 2 kids so I have to pack their stuff and my stuff so I will start collecting stuff and packing the week before.

We waited until the last day to pay in full, but we are!!! So excited!

Looked (way) ahead to the last week of January on accuweather and it's supposed to be in the 60s. It sounds wonderful as I have a -11 windchill here in MN.
We are in MN too :) Also leaving the last week. OMG, I just looked and we are leaving on the same day! :o Maybe we will see each other at the airport?

Your a week out and he doesn't want you to pack? We are several weeks out and I have a packing list, grocery list, & a park bag list. I have 2 kids so I have to pack their stuff and my stuff so I will start collecting stuff and packing the week before.

We have one more “Christmas” to celebrate and then i think he’ll be ok. We are at 11 days out. Also have two kids but they don’t need too much so they are easy to pack

100+ days flew by, but these recent days have been dragging. Constantly thinking of what could go wrong... I have a contingency plan for just about everything. I will need a second vacation from the vacation planning. :rotfl2:
OMG yes! Especially being in this weird week between christmas and new years.

Ok, 3 weeks to go! Anything I should be doing? What can I do to get excited and get ready? I just keep googling and asking questions so I can talk about it with someone lol.

I leave next Friday, January 4, and have been fully packed for 3 weeks so far. I didnt want Christmas and then New Years to come and still have packing to do in addition to Christmas and a NYE party.

My dh and family always think Im crazy for packing so early but I really donr care, its one less thing for me to worry about. Cant you pack everything you need and just have your dh pack his own clothes when he wants (that is what I do).

I leave next Friday, January 4, and have been fully packed for 3 weeks so far. I didnt want Christmas and then New Years to come and still have packing to do in addition to Christmas and a NYE party.

My dh and family always think Im crazy for packing so early but I really donr care, its one less thing for me to worry about. Cant you pack everything you need and just have your dh pack his own clothes when he wants (that is what I do).

I leave on the 4th too but don't plan on packing until the 2nd! I get too worried about forgetting things if I spread it out, so I like to make a list and then just go through it at one time. guess we're all different!

How does one pack so far in advance? I can't take 9 days worth of clothing out of my family's wardrobe!! And I certainly can't pack up all my bathroom supplies! LOL!

I'm worried how I'm going to be able to get all my laundry done so I'll have enough to pack for everyone! January in FL is layering season and requires a lot of clothes!

Woohoo! Two weeks from today I'll be packing! I know some of you pack weeks in advance but since I know I'm off the day before we leave I'll wait till then to pack. I feel like if I pack too far in advance I forget things or worry that I've forgotten things and keep checking back, and then having dreams about going somewhere and forgetting something essential. I do try not to be unpractical like my mom- "Well if I forget something I guess that means we have to go shopping!" (can you tell what her hobby is?) I'm just hanging things to the side in the closet that I plan to bring but that's going to depend on the weather. One of my co-workers got me a cute little bath set for Christmas that has a mini loofah sponge thingy and small sized toiletries so I'll probably take that.
It was nice once the kids got old enough to pack on their own. They got practice in Boy Scouts where their leaders encouraged us parents to let them pack themselves and if they forgot something, well it was a lesson learned. Of course they always had extra stuff so no one went without. I'd encourage y'all with kids who can read to make a packing list and have your kids try to pack on their own, then of course check it for them. It can be fun to get them involved.
No matter where we go though, DH always packs the day before.

ouch stay warm! we haven't hit that low yet but its 9 right now here in CO.. i was thinking the same thing when I saw the weather for that week!

My DH really wants to prepack just to make sure I don't over pack us since we know we need layers this time. We normally go in OCT and haven't had to really worry about extra layers before. So we may do a mock pack on Sunday. But otherwise I can't pack for real til the weekend before. So I wont really pack until the 18th.. It still feels so far away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter