January 2022 discounts

I booked a room and have my park reservations set for a January stay. My question is, if there is a discount how do I apply it or even switch resorts and not loose my reservations for those days? It's a race week so HS is booked solid on all of those days already. I don't want to chance loosing them. TIA.

I booked a room and have my park reservations set for a January stay. My question is, if there is a discount how do I apply it or even switch resorts and not loose my reservations for those days? It's a race week so HS is booked solid on all of those days already. I don't want to chance loosing them. TIA.

There is an ability to modify your existing reservation through the MDE website. If there is a “Change Reservation” button, you can use that to change room type, switch resorts or apply a discount. That said, this function sometimes has trouble doing more than one change at a time, e.g. change resort plus apply a discount. It also takes a little time to work through all the steps required, and in the frenzy of a discount morning, that can cause you to miss out on something that was available just two minutes before (this has happened to me).

I find it safer to just rebook the whole reservation from scratch. That way you can peruse everything available and pounce on what looks good ASAP. Once the new reservation is booked and showing in MDE, it’s safe to cancel the old one. You will have to pay a new deposit, but Disney will refund your old deposit within a few days, so it’s basically a wash.

That's disappointing. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see the discounted resorts. Maybe they will offer more resorts later.

I don’t see any when I look, where do you see this? And if you’ve already booked, are you able to take advantage of the offer? If so, do you have to call?

On MDE web version, click on “places to stay” in the purplish bar across the top. In pop-up the submenu, select “view special offers.” You can reach it from there.

Thanks! Just changed my January room to get a discount!

Would you mind sharing which resorts are covered under the discount? Clicking the link on the Special Offers page just redirects me to purchase an Annual Pass.

I'm assuming the usual suspects... Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, etc. Thanks!

I also think Disney Visa will follow soon, followed then by general public.

We're planning on upgrading our tickets to APs when we get there in January, is there a way to check the rates without the AP in hand? I thought you could book without but in order to keep the rate you had to show proof at check-in, is that incorrect?

Would you mind sharing which resorts are covered under the discount? Clicking the link on the Special Offers page just redirects me to purchase an Annual Pass.

I'm assuming the usual suspects... Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, etc. Thanks!

I also think Disney Visa will follow soon, followed then by general public.
I had a beach club 2 bedroom villa for January 19th-26th. I switched to two rooms at yacht club. Saved a little over $2000 for my party of 4 adults and 2 children.

I had a beach club 2 bedroom villa for January 19th-26th. I switched to two rooms at yacht club. Saved a little over $2000 for my party of 4 adults and 2 children.

Would you mind checking the rates, if you have time, for January 27-February 1? I'm currently booked at CSR but want to move to an Epcot resort for the right price.

Would you mind checking the rates, if you have time, for January 27-February 1? I'm currently booked at CSR but want to move to an Epcot resort for the right price.
Yes of course! I’m in animal kingdom now and service is spotty, I will check as soon as it loads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter