January 2022 Trip Reports

Teamubr

From somewhere outside StL
We are officially less than 60 days out from our arrival at the Fort (Sunday, January 9th). I know there are several of us coming to the World in January and I haven't seen a dedicated "month" thread recently, so I figured I'd start one. If you will be at the Fort (or even at WDW staying somewhere else) in January, this is the place to share plans, ask questions and once January arrives, post any trip updates to share with those less fortunate DIS'ers following along at home.

Here's the line up by arrival date. (as of Jan 10)
  • Dec 17 - FtW Mike- through Jan 5, Full 1807
  • Dec 26 - Bjschil- through Jan 7, Premium Meadows
  • Jan 2 - Boomer1- through Jan 31, Full 1735
  • Jan 6 - Garneska- through Jan 11, Swan
  • Jan 9 - Ilovedisneymm- through 15?, Full
  • Jan 9 - Team UBR- through Jan 22, Full - 1624
  • Jan 12 - Dawnie- through Jan 26, Premium Meadows
  • Jan 16 - Snowmedic- through Jan 22- Full
  • Jan 17 - Bama Ed- through Jan 21, Tent
  • Jan 23 - Disney Peach- through Feb 18- Full
  • Jan 23 - Syndrome- through Feb 6, Preferred
  • Jan 23 - WDW_Dine_Junkie- through -Feb 2, Premium

Here's the line up so far. (as of Jan 10)
  • Bama Ed- Jan 17-21, Tent
  • Bjschil- Dec 26 - Jan 7, Premium Meadows
  • Boomer1 - Jan 2 - Jan 31, Full
  • Dawnie- Jan 12-26, Premium Meadows
  • Disney Peach- Jan 23-Feb 18- Full
  • FtW Mike- Dec 17 - Jan 30, Full​
  • Ilovedisneymm- Jan 9 - 15?, Full​
  • Garneska- Jan 6-11, Swan​
  • Snowmedic- Jan 12-22, Full​
  • Syndrome- Jan 23 - Feb 6, Preferred​
  • Team UBR- Jan 9-22, Full- 1624​
  • WDW_Dine_Junkie- Jan 23-Feb 2, Premium​

j

Last edited:
I'll start this one off.
At the Fort: Sunday January 9th - Saturday January 22nd.​
Full Site (so somewhere in the 1600-1900 loops)​
10 day Park Hopper tickets​
DW will be working at least half of the time we will be there, but DS and I will have 2 weeks of fun running around. We have a few ADRs made, including Space 220 and the new Steakhouse 71 (the former Wave) at the Contemporary. With only 10 day tickets, we have 3 "off" days scattered across the 2 weeks to enjoy the Fort, hit Disney Springs or even venture out exploring places off property, something we haven't done in years.

Park Reservations and Genie+ has made some of the planning at this point a little anticlimactic, but here is what we have planned so far.
  • Sunday January 9th- Arrive mid morning, pick up our Kenny Cart and head to MK- Magic Kingdom has been an arrival day tradition for our family. We always start the stay seeing Wishes or HEA. Not sure if Enchantment will be the same, but we are going to give it a shot.
  • Monday January 10th- EPCOT- Space 220 reservation with friends for dinner
  • Tuesday January 11th- Animal Kingdom
  • Wednesday January 12th- No parks today. DW will probably be working. DS and I will hang at the Fort looking for more railroad tracks, checking out the abandoned Reflections, see the new stables and looking for Ed's initials. Dinner reservation at Raglan Road, so we will finish the day at the Springs seeing what we shouldn't spend money on.
  • Thursday January 13th- Hollywood Studios
  • Friday January 14th- Magic Kingdom again. This starts the MLK holiday weekend and I'm expecting the parks to be busy. JUST ADDED: Terralina and DS for a late lunch
  • Saturday January 15th- No parks day. We may resort hop or venture off property. I had a nice winery near Clermont recommended. Dinner at Steakhouse 71 (former Wave at the Contemporary)
  • Sunday January 16th- Animal Kingdom. Early dinner at Yak & Yeti
  • Monday January 17th (MLK Day)- EPCOT- I'm hoping this is the lesser crowded park on the holiday. Since this is our 2nd EPCOT day, we will probably venture out to the Boardwalk area and ride the Skyliner around. Dinner at Tepan Edo
  • Tuesday January 18th- MK again- Hopefully meeting up with a long time DIS friend
  • Wednesday January 19th- No parks today, but a DIS Meet get together at the Fort. Stay tuned for details.
  • Thursday January 20th- Hollywood Studios. Beaches and Cream- 9:50pm
  • Friday January 21st- Magic Kingdom again- If Enchantment doesn't do it, we may hop over to EPCOT for the night time show there. I've heard it is the better show.
  • Saturday January 22nd- Head out early for the 1,000 mile drive back home to the frozen Midwest.
All of this is fairly flexible depending on weather, DW's work plans and whatever whim suits us, but this is the plan 8 weeks out.

j

Last edited:
Count us in. We too will be in one of the full hook-up loops. Hoping for 1800 loop.
Kris , The SWAN ? If its just a case of you won't have your private security system to protect you from the roving Carriages I could let you borrow one of the Savages. At least you and Bert won't have to worry about being classified as Riff Raff once Ed shows up and be forced to move like Teamubr and us.
This was were we ended up the last time he came while were there. Worst part he was only visiting for the day,Resized_20191223_154344.jpgResized_20191223_154349.jpgResized_20191223_154349.jpg
The Girls loved it Lucille not so much. Ed I PROMISE to have a full block of Scrapple on the griddle for you when you arrive.

DW and I will be arriving at the Fort on Monday January 17 MLK Day and leaving Friday January 21. DD (our former Disney College Program kid) got time off from work to join us (the holiday saved her one vacation day). We have a Tent site reservation so angling for 1500 hopefully. The nice thing about our reservation is that we will pay all weekday rates for a Tent site which is $91 per night for 4 nights (which includes tax).

Before we get to the Fort, however, we are going to spend a few nights at Lake Louisa State Park. I have several nights reserved there but will cut the early ones (still TBD exactly) but that will leave us an early morning roll over to the Fort on our check-in day. In the past many stays at LLSP, it has always been only for one night

Tuesday at Magic Kingdom is our only park day (we go nearly ever year so meh to Remy and RoR (no Genie+)). We are rope droppers, don't have to ride everything, and know how to tour the parks in front of the crowds. We'll catch those new attractions at some time in the future. ADR window comes open next week so we have our list ready.

Our plan for a short Fort stay is because we will roll out of the Fort and head south to Naples, Florida for several days in the sunshine :beach: (DW and me - DD will have to head home to work from the Fort). We'd like to hit some lighthouses down there, soak up some rays, cook some seafood, and head over to the Miami/Lauderdale coast for a day (not that far). So our dates at the Fort will overlap with @Teamubr.

Thanks for starting a January 2022 thread, Jim. :thumbsup2 Maybe our good sheriff can sticky it for us.

Bama Ed

I'm still sorting out travel plans. The intention is to leave early Saturday morning (Jan 8th) and drive down to north/central Florida and dry camp somewhere for a brief overnight. That would leave a quick 1-2 hour drive to the Fort Sunday morning. In the past, I have stayed at Ed's favorite Lake Louisa. It is a little farther than I wanted to get on Saturday. Google says it is 14.5 hours. I'll have to stop once for fuel, so figure 15-16 hours.
My usual drive is to leave after work and drive to Kentucky/Tennessee (4-5 hours) before an overnight, then drive down to Lake Louisa (or somewhere else near WDW). With the coach now, there isn't a need for hookups and I've been considering boondocking on the way down. This trip will be in the middle of winter and KY/TN can still be pretty cold for an overnight. I'd prefer not to use truck stops. I've stayed in them before, but prefer to leave those spots for the semi drivers that don't have other options.

I did look into a reservation at Lake Louisa for Saturday night, but no availability. There is a Cracker Barrel south of Ocala that is about the right distance, but the RV spots are very small on Google Street View. Also not sure of availability late at night. There are several campgrounds along I-75, but they are $50-$75 for the 8-10 hours we would be there. I'll check out a few more Cracker Barrels or WalMarts.

If anyone has some experience or thoughts on a place to boondock in north/central Florida, let me know.

j

Hey there campers.
I’ve got reservations for a full site from Jan 23 to Feb 18. Also hoping for 1800 loop. My little class c is currently getting new tires (aged out) and re-caulking of the various roof openings. Had a leak so figured redo all at one time.

At the moment I haven’t got my park plans set yet. But I did just purchase a Disney-approved fire piit!

Looks like we are just going to miss you Peach. Have a great trip and we'll count on you to keep the trip reports coming after we head home.

j

Last edited:
We are officially less than 60 days out from our arrival at the Fort (Sunday, January 9th). I know there are several of us coming to the World in January and I haven't seen a dedicated "month" thread recently, so I figured I'd start one. If you will be at the Fort (or even at WDW staying somewhere else) in January, this is the place to share plans, ask questions and once January arrives, post any trip updates to share with those less fortunate DIS'ers following along at home.

Here's the line up so far. (as of Nov 14)
  • Bama Ed- Jan 17-21, Tent
  • Disney Peach- Jan 23-Feb 18- Full
  • FtW Mike- ?-?, Full​
  • Garneska- Jan 6-11, Swan​
  • Team UBR- Jan 9-22, Full​

j
Schillings, Dec 26-Jan 7. Premium meadows

Continuing to pull details together.

DS is going to fly down and ride back. He snatched a $30 non-stop from STL to MCO. Leaves at 10am and lands at 1:30pm. If only the Mears Connect site would let us book the $16 trip to the Fort.

I also found a place to stay overnight on Saturday about half way between Lake City and Gainesville. That should put us 2 to 2 1/2 hours from the Fort. I have been considering joining a boondocking club. This one booking paid for the annual subscription. Big place, no cares how late I come in and guaranteed to have a spot. Looks like I'll be leaving early Saturday morning and driving straight through to northern Florida. 12-13 hour chip shot.

j

good news @Teamubr and us will be dining at Space 220 on Monday at Epcot for the marathon dinner celebration.

Jim,

As someone who has done the full 26.2 miles around the World TWICE (which is far fewer than Kris and Bert), buy lots of alcohol that night. Even though it's 24 hours later after the conclusion of the Marathon, their metabolisms will still be in high gear. Not just with solid foods but fluids too. :drinking1

Bert as usual will stay Mr. Cool and Laid Back :cool2: but you might have to draw Kris out of her shell (you know how quiet she can be) to get her to add to the dinner table conversation :mic: .

Bama Ed

PS - when I grow as old as Bert is I want to be Mr. Cool too :cold: .....

Last edited:
Mike, Teamubr/Jim has attempted to put all of our arrival/departure dates into post #1 of this thread. He needs your departure date in January .....

..... unless you're not leaving till February. :rolleyes: :duck:

Window for ADR's opens in less than 36 hours.

Got to get ready and loosened up.

giphy.gif

Ed

PS - whatever I end up with is what I get. Very simple. Just got to wake up early and swing for the fences.

Buy lots of alcohol that night. Even though it's 24 hours later after the conclusion of the Marathon, their metabolisms will still be in high gear.

PS - when I grow as old as Bert is I want to be Mr. Cool too :cold: .....
I think we will have the alcohol thing covered. We'll be on top of the world after all. Fairly certain we can get Kris to loosen up. it should only take a few Stargaritas, Atmospritzs, or Planetary Punches. If that doesn't work, we'll swing into the Swan and down a couple at Kimonos.

And I think we are all striving to be as cool as Bert. So many try, so few attain.

Window for ADR's opens in less than 36 hours.

Got to get ready and loosened up.
Raglan Road every night?

j

Last edited:
Raglan Road every night?

j

You'll be proud of me. Out of three non-park nights, only one is an attempted repeat (not RR). I'm trying to branch out and try new places.

I will report back once I've had caffeine and confirmations on Thursday morning hopefully. :surfweb:

Fact is if I don't like what I get I can always try to change it, I guess.

Ed

Mike, Teamubr/Jim has attempted to put all of our arrival/departure dates into post #1 of this thread. He needs your departure date in January .....

..... unless you're not leaving till February. :rolleyes: :duck:
We are slated to depart 30 Jan but might head home earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter