January 2024 Car Rental Thread

From hanging around at $690 for the cheapest, Alamo dropped to $557 for 1/27-2/6. It’s still higher than I’d like but I booked it just to have something.

I just booked a Hertz standard size SUV from carrentalsavers for one week in mid January $477. It's more than I thought I'd spend, but the best deal I could find. I was actually looking for a full size sedan/car but the SUV was cheaper.

I just booked a Hertz standard size SUV from carrentalsavers for one week in mid January $477. It's more than I thought I'd spend, but the best deal I could find. I was actually looking for a full size sedan/car but the SUV was cheaper.
I have a large sedan booked for second week of Jan through Hertz for under $300. It was closer to $600 when I first booked, and I’ve been modifying for the last 8-10 weeks. Just dropped below $300 around Black Friday. Keep checking!

Prices through Chase dropped another $35ish dollars today for our rental, which comes out to about $4/day off the daily rental price (9 days.) We are now down to $460 for 12/31-1/9, Thrifty, Intermediate.

By comparison, we had started with $606 for 1/1-1/9, Hertz, Int. SUV (the cheapest non-compact/economy option at the time.)
Rebooked again on Friday (yesterday) for $359.

I've been finding that when I check prices between 3-4pm EST, that's when I'm finding the largest price drops. When I check in the morning, it's usually back up $10-40 from the previous afternoon.

Eta: just rebooked again for $349. $39/day.

Cancelled and re-booked a few more times, and got it down to $282. Prices have since gone back up into the mid-300s for the same car/company, and only economy/compact cars are still at or below $300.

Last edited:

My rate with Alamo dropped significantly for 1/24-1-28 this morning.
Picking up at MCO, dropping off at Disney car care center. With the different drop off point quotes were higher to begin with.
When I started stalking rates a few weeks ago they were hovering at about $570. I'm reserved at $441 for a full-sized vehicle. I'll continue to stalk right up until we leave...

My 4 day rental in January just dropped. I'm at $141 for a midsize SUV at Thrifty. Autoslash isn't finding anything for me (except at the off-airport unaffiliated sites) but Carrentalsavers came through! I could shave another $20 off it and drive a compact car but we prefer something a bit bigger, if the price is decent. I had this same vehicle at the same company for $276 back in October, so I'll pay the extra $20 more for an SUV than I'd have to pay for a small car, happily!

My rate went down to $553 today!

Mine is down to $730 for a minivan for two weeks (Jan 15-29). This is with Costco and Alamo. I'm happy but hoping it drops a bit more. I have rebooked at least twice a day for the past four days because it continues to drop!

Has anyone seen much movement in prices dropping? I’m a little more than two weeks out and usually this is when I would start to see decent swings in price, but so far nada.

Has anyone seen much movement in prices dropping? I’m a little more than two weeks out and usually this is when I would start to see decent swings in price, but so far nada.
Mine has held steady at $322 for the last several weeks.

I just rebooked after a $40 drop for a week long rental beginning 1/27. Now at $280 for the week with Budget, full size.

I prefer Alamo, but they continue to be so much higher that I’ll put up with some of the Budget annoyances. We always use Budget Fastbreak and Alamo Insider when available.

We saw some movement about two weeks ago but nothing since. I have a Minivan from Alamo for 15 days for $718. I'm pretty happy about that.

I have some drops with Alamo through Costco today. Not the class of car I’d prefer but I grabbed an intermediate suv for $500 for 10 days.

Had a mini van book from Jan 25-Feb 4 for $642 (Budget via Costco), but now Alamo (via Costco) is down to $594 for the 10 days. I'll take it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter