****January 2024 planning thread!!!

beachteachlv

Mouseketeer
So who’s all going to be at the parks in January?!

We will be there the 22-25th, visiting DCA on the 23rd and DL on the 24th which is my 35th birthday!! We are a Disney loving fam and I can’t wait to celebrate in Disneyland with my kiddos. Going to try and get Goofy’s kitchen on 1/22 for my daughters 6th birthday that day. Any birthday magic we can seek out during our visit?!

We are staying at the Anaheim Desert Inn in a suite, we usually do BWPPI but I wanted a separate sleeping room for the kids this time. I sleep so much better haha.

Happy planning everyone!!

We will be there the 22-25th, visiting DCA on the 23rd and DL on the 24th which is my 35th birthday!!

I'm going Jan 23-25 for a quick birthday trip. My birthday is also the 24th! But since I have a 41-year-old daughter, I'm obviously a few years ahead of you :laughing:

This trip I'll be staying with a friend in Huntington Beach, so I'll probably only go to DLR for the day on the 24th, but who knows? I'll have just been there Dec 7-11 so going on my birthday is a bonus.

I'm going Jan 23-25 for a quick birthday trip. My birthday is also the 24th! But since I have a 41-year-old daughter, I'm obviously a few years ahead of you :laughing:

Whoa! Mark that as THREE people on this board who have a January 24th birthday! Unfortunately, no birthday Disneyland trip for me this year, as I'll be in Hawaii. (IDK why I said unfortunately, because oh poor me, gonna be in Hawaii, LOL.)

But happy early birthday to all of us!

My family will also be there between Jan. 22 - 26th! We're going for our daughter's 1st birthday, which is Jan 23 - almost another Jan 24th birthday on this board!

I'm surprising my wife with a stay at GCH (she thinks we're staying at the Candy Cane). My plan is for her to not know anything until we pull up to the hotel in our shuttle, I'm just having such a hard time keeping it a secret! I want to do WoC dessert on our daughter's birthday. I'm spending ALL the money for this trip because our daughter's birth was very difficult for all of us, (but obviously even more so for my wife because... well, she was doing the birthing), and we're trying to make happy memories on her birthday.

My wife also wants to do at least one character meal. I'm trying to decide between Goofy's, Storyteller's, or the Princess breakfast. I'm thinking about doing the Princess breakfast because there is probably less of a chance of our daughter being terrified of the characters 😂 Anybody have any thoughts on the different character dining??

We will be there Jan 11th- 15th for Disneyland Half Marathon and for my sons 7th birthday. My sons birthday is on the 20th so figured the race weekend is close enough we are going to celebrate his birthday at the same time. The first day flying in staying at an embassy suites near the the close airport, then moving to Pixar Place for the rest of them time. It will be me, my husband, my son and my mom. We are soo excited!!

We are going jan 17-24. I am yet to make my ticket reservations as I'm not sure if they're are any events that would limit park hours.

Does anyone know?

Is it also true that during January there are no parades? And fireworks only on the weekend?

Thanks

We are going jan 17-24. I am yet to make my ticket reservations as I'm not sure if they're are any events that would limit park hours.

Does anyone know?

Is it also true that during January there are no parades? And fireworks only on the weekend?

Thanks
Fireworks are only on the weekends.... noise issues with the city.
I hope it is not true there in no parades in Jan... that seems silly. Why would they do that?

Does anyone know?

Thanks
I don't know about parades yet, but they will have Lunar New Year celebration going on in DCA. There is a procession for that which kind of looks like a small parade, (I've never been for it before so no first hand experience).

Staying at the VGC from 1/18-1/21 to celebrate my birthday on the 19th! Hoping the Lunar New Year festivities will be going that weekend.

We are *just* sneaking into January! We will be in the parks Jan. 31-Feb. 4. My birthday is Feb. 3! Planning on getting a reservation at the Blue Bayou that day (never eaten there!). We are flying in on the 27th and doing Universal/Warner Bros. before heading to Disney. Really looking forward to this trip, we had to cancel our planned trip in November of 2022, so I've been waiting for this for a long time (last time we were at Disneyland was November of 2019).

Side note, my brother's birthday is Jan. 24!

I'm going 1/20 (day before my bday) to help with my bestie's daughter's wedding at GCH. Hubby and son arriving 1/24 and we all head out 1/28. All staying at GCH where the wedding is. Soooo looking forward to this wedding and chance to see friends!

I'm so excited, my friend and I were able to get the Napa Rose Chef's Counter for our first choice date on our trip! We have our December trip before this one but I'm looking forward to the January trip even more now.

I'm so excited, my friend and I were able to get the Napa Rose Chef's Counter for our first choice date on our trip! We have our December trip before this one but I'm looking forward to the January trip even more now.
Jealous! I've wanted to try that for several years now, but now that we can afford doing a meal like that, we have our baby coming with us on this next trip 😋

I hope to hear how it goes for you!

For those of you staying onsite at a resort hotel...how do you pick what day to make your park reservations? I'm struggling without having park hours or more details for which park has early entry for any given day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter