January 20th 2014 Disney Magic 4 Night Bahamas

Can't believe it is finally here! Hey! to the new folks and safe travels for all of us -->:moped:

:smickey:

We just pulled into port & docked :( Booooooo!!!

Hope you all had an amazing trip. Thank you so much to the Magic Monday FE group - it was a huge success. Thanks to all for the generosity and creativity.

Who already pre-booked their next cruise? We did!

-texastraubs

Thanks to everyone here and on FB, I had the Best. Vacation. Ever. I felt like I knew folks everywhere I went even tho I travelled solo. You guys are the best!!!! Thank you for the wonderful FE gifts as well, it was so neat to see what everyone made/gave. I didn't book onboard, but now am wishing I did.

Hi all! Back from my land/sea/land trip- it was fantastic! With much credit going to my Dis/FB friends!! BetsyRNBSN- we didn't book on board either but anytime you want to cruise again- let me know . . . Linda and I are already planning to cruise together . . . :). Thanks so much to everyone for the fun FE! The kids stayed up every night inspecting the treasures.
Magic Monday friends- I have a FE poll/question about my FE gifts---
There was a sticker on the back (didn't want to mess up the front) of the magnet/coaster that said you could bring it to me to get a free drink (thanks to Chuck and Tiffany Young for the idea)--- but NO ONE redeemed their free drink! So, the question is- was this not a good FE gift? Did the sticker fall off/wasn't seen/poem misunderstood? Were you too busy having fun to bother with trying to find me to get the drink? Do you not drink? Please let me know-- I thought it was a fun idea, but I don't want to do it for future FEs if I can't fix the problems--
Please weigh in :)
Thanks!
Audrey
As an aside- back from out lovely weather to a SNOW DAY for the kids-- in Atlanta-- sheesh!

Hey Audrey, honestly I did not even see the coupon for a free drink, trust me if I had I would've used it....

Hey Audrey, honestly I did not even see the coupon for a free drink, trust me if I had I would've used it.... dde04dde04dde04 I think it was a great idea as a fish extender gift, I just wonder if I lost mine somewhere..... I had my fair share of nonalcoholic drinks as well, so they could use a coupon for just about anything.
Thanks for the input! Is the sticker not on the back of your coaster? I wonder if they fell off or something? Maybe next time I'll do a bag topper-- what do you think?

I still find it humorous that I had a better trip with y'all and that I knew more of you than I did on the trip that I had booked earlier.

Audrey, I see the sticker now, sheesh it didn't even occur to me to trade it in for a drink... Sorry. It is a great idea though

Couldn't make the meet but, the wife, daughter and parents had an amazing time. we are hooked and thinking about booking a different trip now with DCL :banana:

Couldn't make the meet but, the wife, daughter and parents had an amazing time. we are hooked and thinking about booking a different trip now with DCL :banana:

Yay for everyone having a great time!

Audrey - how are y'all doing with this crazy weather? Today was my first time driving in ice. I had to climb into my car through the backseat since my doors were frozen shut.

Yay for everyone having a great time!

Audrey - how are y'all doing with this crazy weather? Today was my first time driving in ice. I had to climb into my car through the backseat since my doors were frozen shut.

Lianne- Thanks for checking on us! I got the kids out of school early and it was already an hour plus to get DS9 home (normally 20 minutes)--DH was stuck for (only) 3.5 hours . . .brother had to spend the night with a friend and some other stranded strangers . . .kids have been sledding for days! "Do you wanna build a snowman?":music: is stuck in my head . . . I stay OFF the roads in ice- there are 4 cars wrecked and stuck at the bottom of my hill~it's been a crazy return from paradise!

other than the room issues (yikes!) how was the back-to-back?

Lianne- Thanks for checking on us! I got the kids out of school early and it was already an hour plus to get DS9 home (normally 20 minutes)--DH was stuck for (only) 3.5 hours . . .brother had to spend the night with a friend and some other stranded strangers . . .kids have been sledding for days! "Do you wanna build a snowman?":music: is stuck in my head . . . I stay OFF the roads in ice- there are 4 cars wrecked and stuck at the bottom of my hill~it's been a crazy return from paradise! other than the room issues (yikes!) how was the back-to-back?

It certainly sounds like that was a wise move on your part. That is funny that you mentioned Frozen because Kayleigh pulled out her Frozen dolls. She has been using them to act out scenes from the movie while listening to the soundtrack. What a silly goose I have!

Other than the room issues, our back-to-back was good. We enjoyed the crew and activities but the numerous stateroom issues were extremely bothersome to me. I was constantly having to avoid my cabin so someone could fix something only to return hours later to the exact same situation. Hopefully it was a freak event and it won't happen to anyone else again.

Heyy! I was soo totally lost! Lol. For our first disney cruise and first FE.. I really didnt understand your poem. I figured it was bc I was a newbie. I also got something to keep the lights on... I didnt get that either?! Could you explain? I tried sticking it everywhere. Lol. Even what I now know is the thermostat. Lol.

Heyy! I was soo totally lost! Lol. For our first disney cruise and first FE.. I really didnt understand your poem. I figured it was bc I was a newbie. I also got something to keep the lights on... I didnt get that either?! Could you explain? I tried sticking it everywhere. Lol. Even what I now know is the thermostat. Lol.

The thing to keep the lights on was totally my fault! I had not been on the magic for 14 years and assumed after dry dock the staterooms would work like Dream/Fantasy-- they have readers that you are supposed to put your kttw in before the lights come on- which is a hassle and doesn't always work (like when you are in the shower and your DH wants ice cream and takes his key on the way out of the room and you are left in pitch black). The card I gave fits in the slot in lieu of kttw and keeps the lights on :) it wasn't needed in the Magic staterooms--

With the poem it basically said here is a magnet or you can use it as a coaster but if you show it to me it will be a drink (ie I'll buy you a drink). Sorry it was confusing!
It was fun hanging out with you--

The thing to keep the lights on was totally my fault! I had not been on the magic for 14 years and assumed after dry dock the staterooms would work like Dream/Fantasy-- they have readers that you are supposed to put your kttw in before the lights come on- which is a hassle and doesn't always work (like when you are in the shower and your DH wants ice cream and takes his key on the way out of the room and you are left in pitch black). The card I gave fits in the slot in lieu of kttw and keeps the lights on :) it wasn't needed in the Magic staterooms-- With the poem it basically said here is a magnet or you can use it as a coaster but if you show it to me it will be a drink (ie I'll buy you a drink). Sorry it was confusing! It was fun hanging out with you--

I found it strange that we didn't need something to keep the lights on! I guess I am too used to the newer ships.

I am seriously considering booking a 5 night cruise on the Wonder for next Spring Break. We would pull the kids from school during their 2 day semester break or MLK day week but I can't take either of those weeks off from work :(. We would have to book an inside cabin and it would be the March. 29th cruise out of Miami.

Has anyone been on the Wonder? How does it compare to the reimagined Magic? I would love to do a 7 night on the Fantasy but that is way out of our price range. Is it safe to assume the price will only go up so I should book ASAP?

I am seriously considering booking a 5 night cruise on the Wonder for next Spring Break. We would pull the kids from school during their 2 day semester break or MLK day week but I can't take either of those weeks off from work :(. We would have to book an inside cabin and it would be the March. 29th cruise out of Miami.

Has anyone been on the Wonder? How does it compare to the reimagined Magic? I would love to do a 7 night on the Fantasy but that is way out of our price range. Is it safe to assume the price will only go up so I should book ASAP?
e

I haven't been on the Wonder, but I was on the "old" Magic last year, and I hear they were almost identical. I think the biggest differences will be the kids clubs and the pool areas. The kids clubs on the Wonder won't have the Avengers Academy...the club is kinda pirate themed, still with a slide. The pool is the Mickey Mouse shaped pool (which my kids loved on the old Magic) with the Mickey slide. I say go for it! For Spring Break time, the prices will only go up as it gets closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter