January Challenge

WDWMom

DIS Veteran
I am going to start the Jan. Challenge. If someone comes in with more that 70 pages in Dec., just chime in here to let us know. Not sure what the prizes will be except I know for sure some paper, die cuts and stickers from WDW. I bought them on a previous trip and have never used them and can't see ever doing so. I will let everyone know as soon as I can.

I think I'll try to jump in this time. I HOPE things will be a little bit easier this month that last month...no out of town seminars, holidays or major shopping that I know of as of right now! So far I've done 4 pages altho I'm not very happy w/2 of them. May redo them..not sure right now.

Karen aka TN Traveler

I am in and I have done 6 pages so far. I am almost complete with New Years Scrapping goal number 1 :)

I'm in too! Gotta keep making progress.

Karen - wait a few days and check your pages again, maybe you'll like them better then. I do that too and by that time I'm *usually* satisfied with them (or just don't feel like changing them :) ). Just a thought!

Count me in. I just got to figure out when I can scrap again. I've been scanning my parents old slides (new present for Christmas combined with a fanily whose pre-1985 pictures are all slides). I've done about 300. Now I have to fix, find out when some of them are and print. Holy cow do I have a lot of scrappin' to do!

Hey Carrie - OT - my FIL has been asking and asking me about converting slides to jpeg files, how do you scan them in? Do you have a special viewer or software?

My scanner came with that ability. I have a tray that they fit into. I remove the white reflector on top and then change the settings in teh software that came with to positive film. I don't know anything about any other scanners. My wonderful DH just knew I'd been talking about taking my parents' slides in to have them put on cd's forever. It was VERY time consuming, though! It might have been easier (albeit way more expensive) to take them in. This way, I can one up my techno gadget king DB, though, 'cause my scanner's better than his;)

I would ask one of the people at the local computer store if they have software or trays to allow your scanner to do it. Sorry I'm not more helpful!

OK I will try this again!
I have 2 pages done now -
hopefully I will have a productive month!
(another reason to hope for LOTS of snow!) :cheer2:

Can someone explain to me how this works. I'm interested and this may help me to keep on task to get my album done and get the next one started.

Cruise04 - It's very simple. Just a little extra motivation to keep us scrappin'. The winner from teh previous month hosts the next month. They provide the prize (IIFC ~$10 worth of scrapping stuff). You report your completed pages (including journaling) and the person with the most completed pages at the end of the month wins.

Fun, simple, and it lets us keep up with what the others are doing.

Oh that is easy!!!!! I already completed 20 pages on Saturday to Sunday. I'm actually hoping to take some pictures of my pages (I don't have a scanner big enough) and post them this weekend (hoping is the key word here!!!).

So I guess I'm in. This could be fun and I only seem to get motivated when I get to talking about scrapping. My goal for last week (I was off the whole week) was to get my album done but that didn't happen!!!!

Cruise04 said:
Oh that is easy!!!!! I already completed 20 pages on Saturday to Sunday.

What is your secret??? I worked for about 4-5 hours yesterday just to complete a 2 page 12 x 12 spread! How do you do it so quickly?

I have no idea. I guess maybe it could be because I haven't scrapped since September. I had no time or motivation or ideas. I did this one page and it was awesome - no pictures but items from our trip that "opened" our cruise. Then I figured out a way to scrap my Navigators that I found is old news but I was just so excited that it turned out the way I wanted to.

I think the other part was that I never had a space to spread things out and organize before I started scrapping. We finished our basement this spring/early summer and I have a scrap room (hadn't really used it until this past weekend) and for Christmas my dad gave me a 13" tv with dvd player and so I could sit in there scrapping and watching my favorite shows. I can't scrap in total quiet. So I always have to have the TV or radio or a CD playing.

I went to a crop once and got 8 pages done, it was my first crop I had ever been to. The next one I got 1 page done but I was busy gabbing and looking at other people's pages to get ideas.

I'm going to a crop in April and I hope to already have this book done and be on to working on another one. I have this whole entire Saturday open and I plan on doing a lot of my book. So we'll see how it goes. I've never been this motivated to get a book finished.

I think another key is that when I got a page done that I was really proud about, I showed dd and dh and it was cool to see their expressions on how the page turned out and how excited they were.

I poked away through-out the day and got another 3 pages done!
I have to give credit where credit is due though - momof2angels did the hard part in last years christmas/winter swap! :D :rolleyes:
But I got Matthews birthday done all by myself!!!
So I am at 5 now! :flower:

Thanks for the suggestions, Cruise04. I guess maybe I need to go to a crop to get inspired. I did finish those two pages yesterday and I almost have another two done today, so hopefully I'll be back in "scrapbooking mode" soon. If I could get my Disney Cruise book done, I would feel like I have finally accomplished something.
Wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter