• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January Exercise Challenge - First Things First!

30 min on exercise bike tonight. It's been raining all day, so I wasn't even going to attempt to go outside.

30/1000 ... at least I'm still on track :D

Did another 10 minutes of well girl challenge (doing the Dec arm challenge as I never "got around to it" last month)

20/900

Can I still join? I would like my goal to be 1200 this month. I need to step it up for the new year. Also I am leaving for Punta Cana in feb and I would love to be in a little better shape for the beach.

30 min run in the rain (I needed to try out my running rain jacket in case it rains on marathon day)
60/1600 thanks :)

First page updated thru this post. Absolutely still time to join - in fact, anyone can join anytime!

Welcome back araes2102 and jayna22, Grlpowers and Figment1990. Welcome to Monkey28 and A1A1!

132/2200 Thanks!!

walking, tm time, amt time, and bike time.

Does anyone else regularly use the AMT (adaptive motion trainer)? Holy crud, it is hard!

I have a new plan this year, since I have put on 25 (UGH!!!!) pounds over the last two years. I am still going at least a mile a day (walk or run) but I am getting in my other cardio workout for the day first. So for instance if the plan is a mile or two on the tm and 30-40 min on the elliptical, I get on the elliptical first. Too many times I have over done it on the tm, or been really tired and skipped the extra workout. So far it seems to be working. In a weird way I think it might help my running (if I am careful) because I am running tired. When I finally run without the extra workouts I should be really, really fast and be able to run forever! :rotfl: Probably not trainer recommended but I really needed to do something different, and I didn't want to give up my mile a day.

Hope everyone doesn't see too much snow today! :)

Another walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes.

109/1500

35 minutes on the elliptical.

53/900

Hope everyone doesn't see too much snow today! :)

We probably got about 6 inches but the windchill tonight into tomorrow is supposed to be -10 to -15. It feels like -2 right now :( Have you had any cold weather?

35 minutes on the elliptical.

53/900

We probably got about 6 inches but the windchill tonight into tomorrow is supposed to be -10 to -15. It feels like -2 right now :( Have you had any cold weather?

We got a couple inches today and it is really cold (for here). DS is driving back to school on Sunday so he is going to be trying to out run our next snow system and bitter (single digits) cold temps. I am very over winter.

being back to work after the holiday break means back to lunch break workouts.

I did drive across campus though. But since it was -9 air temp. I was impressed that I went outside at all.

So did 2.25 miles on the bike and then some s.t. including renewing my love/hate relationship with the assisted chin-up machine.

Anyone set any fitness goals for the year? I challenged myself to propel myself forward at least 1,000 miles this year including running/cycling/hiking

75/800

40 min yesterday (stationary bike-30min, interval training-10 min). 30 min stationary bike today. That puts me at 70/1000 so far!!

Yesterday:

15 minutes elliptical (I know, slacker!)

Today:

25 minutes circuit training
45 minutes karate
30 minutes weapons class
60 minutes Krav Maga

Total: 175/2400

This is an innovative way of involving people to take care of themselves. I like this thing, therefore, I also want to be a part of it. My goal is 1000 and I m going to start it from today onwards :)
I've been exercising for a while but I have never thought of this way to keep track record of time. Good!

188/2200 Thanks!
30 min elliptical; 26 min indoor track

Anyone set any fitness goals for the year? I challenged myself to propel myself forward at least 1,000 miles this year including running/cycling/hiking
Me! :)
Attainable goals:
1. Mile a day
2. planks every day (minimum 20 sec, 2 front 1 each side)
3. 32 ounces of water every day (this one is torture for me, seriously, do not like water)
4. 8 minutes of meditation every day.

Reach for it goal:
1000 miles running, walking or hiking in 2014. Not counting bike or elliptical, etc. I reached it last year, but I am focusing more on losing weight right now, so this one might not be attainable, but I am going to shoot for it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter