January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Ok I was told 25% off for deluxe. And then an additional % off if I added dinning?? But she did not know the percentage. Then she said oh, it is like upgrading for free. That is a good deal. so confused.

How about instead of everyone speculating and taking information from Disney CMs that are notoriously wrong on a normal day, that everyone just wait until the discount is actually released.

Just called again, still down. This agent told me there would be a Play, Stay and Dine promotion, good 1/1 through 3/10 and a room only discount (didn't get the dates on that one). Asked me where I wanted to stay, told her Pop Century. She said that is included in either discount. Told me the room only discount at Pop Century will be 10% for public and 15% for Disney Visa. They were told system would be back up at 8 or 8:30, she didn't think it would be that early.

How about instead of everyone speculating and taking information from Disney CMs that are notoriously wrong on a normal day, that everyone just wait until the discount is actually released.

Pretty sure the whole purpose of this thread is speculation. :) And that speculation included a rumor that discounts would be released today, which has turned out to be correct. I find the speculation/guessing/sharing rumors to be a little fun.

Waiting with you all...checking the site every 15 to 20 minutes for the release. I guess we just have to stay on top of it.

Because I did not book my reservation online I do not have a modify button. Meaning I will have to call in order to add any discount. Knowing that on days that discounts are released my hold time can be up to 2 hours I decided to call now. I was probably not given accurate information. I was told as soon as we see the modify button on our reservations it means their system is up and running. Unfortunately I still will not have a modify button and must call back.

I do feel bad for the CMs though. It's got to be stressful to be answering the phones and not being able to pull up reservations for people. I'm sure people aren't happy about it.

Pretty sure the whole purpose of this thread is speculation. :) And that speculation included a rumor that discounts would be released today, which has turned out to be correct. I find the speculation/guessing/sharing rumors to be a little fun.

Totally agree! It is fun!

Just used the "Chat" option on-line and this was the response I got as to when the system would be back up and running.

At this time the system is going through enhancements, we do not have an estimated time yet as to when it will be back up. You can give it a couple of hours, it will not be working if you call either.

Usually how fast are these type of promos, SPD & Room Only, completely booked on day one?

Guessing it will be 7 cst, same as last year for PSD if I remember correctly. We traveled during Mardi Gras of this year. Come on Disney!

Used chat also. CM was very nice. They said they hoped to have it drop today at 7:00 AM, but system is backed up and so it's a wait and see.

Logistical question: if I already have a reservation, do I book a new reservation first and then cancel my old reservation?

We might be getting close - I checked my dates on the website about 10 minutes ago to see if it was showing anything different than it had been showing the last few days (which was only 7 of the resorts as being available). It wasn't. BUT, I just refreshed and all of the other resorts popped up. When I clicked on Pop, it still says "Booking is unavailable", but Pop wasn't even showing up 10 minutes ago so that's an improvement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter