January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

For those who received the extra Visa discount, did you book a package or room-only and which leve resort was it?

I am wondering if it was because I am at Pop with a room-only.
Jan 30 - Feb 7
I booked room only and called back and got additional Visa discount at All Star Sports. I wanted Pop Century but no discount available for my dates, not for the original room only discount I booked or for the Disney Visa discount.

Well I lied, apparently I DO get email notice when there is a Disney Visa discount lol. Doesn't do me any good though as we're staying at POR. :sad: This does come with a personal code number which I'm not showing.

upload_2017-10-3_15-48-4.png

I am okay with a room change. So if we leave on Feb 3 will our dining credits expire at midnight as soon as it rolling over from Feb 2 to Feb 3, or will they expire the end of the day that we actually leave?

It would be your check out day :)
Just checking, did you read her first post? (Only asking because it makes a difference in the answer.) She is considering doing a SPD stay for the first few nights of their visit but then booking a room-only reservation for the last 2 nights of their stay.

My understanding is that the dining credits expire at midnight the day that your package that includes the dining plan ends. They would not be available to use for the days that you have the room only reservation.

I would recommend reading up on the details of the DDP and credits as it could make a difference in what you choose. The FAQ portion of the Disney site says that DDP are only eligible for those who book a package that includes a room and tickets. Since technically that package ends at midnight part way through their trip I'm not confident that their dining credits could be used for the room only portion of their trip.

If anyone has booked a split stay in the past with a DDP on both, can you please share how your credits worked? Did you need to use all the credits for Stay 1 prior to Stay 2 or did any unused credits carry over?

The following is from the Disney website:
'You can redeem your meals and snacks in any order during your stay, until the number of meals and snacks associated with your package has been depleted. All unused meals and snacks and the ability to use your refillable mug expire at midnight on your package reservation checkout date.'

Ok someone who likes to crunch numbers.

We are 2 adults, 1 infant. Staying 8 days gv gf

SPD kid size comes out $6032
Magic SPD comes out $6530
Magic RO comes out, $3557

So when I deduct our restaraunts and out food and add $300 more just in case, to us RO best deal but within reason to the kid SPD offer about about $300. But why would the regular SPD be $500 more, I can't figure it out, seems like the exact same offer, 2 adults one infant same room, same tickets, same options, same dining plan yet $500 more.
The SPD and Kid Size SPD are the exact same offer. It's marketing speak, they put less ticket days in the Kid Size one so it "looks cheaper" until you go in and update your options. It's ridiculous in my opinion...

Just a couple of things to keep in mind if you choose this option:
1. Your dining plan will expire at midnight, the night your PSD package ends. You will need to use all credits by then or they will disappear. Also, your mugs will not be able to be used after the package ends.
2. There is a possibility you will be asked to change rooms between your 2 reservations.

I am not 100% sure but your cups can be extended I believe, I have never done it with dining plan but we always do split stays, and cups are length of stay, so even if I am at one hotel for 3, days and change hotels my cups still work, they will automatically put 14 days on if you ask, and then you have to go back and add more days if staying longer but the rules are length of stay and you did pay for it in the dining plan so they should extend them.

Like many of you, I'm not sure of what I've read regarding Disney Visa card discounts. It may be that ASMovies was on the excluded list (can't find anything about what/when DVisa qualifies), but I made two different reservations (end of January and second week of February) with the current promo. I called (407 560 2428--number CHAT gave me--no wait)to ask if either of my res qualified. She told me that the discount was the same as I already had with the Gift/Magic promo. I could try ASSports, (it's even cheaper without the Visa discount), but I'm going to wait/hope for passholder discounts. I don't receive the D Visa discount notices but do receive notices about buying show tickets. I don't receive Visa discount notices but do receive info about buying show tickets.

I am not 100% sure but your cups can be extended I believe, I have never done it with dining plan but we always do split stays, and cups are length of stay, so even if I am at one hotel for 3, days and change hotels my cups still work, they will automatically put 14 days on if you ask, and then you have to go back and add more days if staying longer but the rules are length of stay and you did pay for it in the dining plan so they should extend them.
Yeah - I don't think the cups will be an issue. I think they actually just activate them all for 2 weeks (I remember reading something about this in a split stay thread since we have a split stay coming up ourselves).

Oh and your dining plan ends the day you check out with the SPD at midnight. We have done dining plans and split stays and they do get very confusing, you will need to read up on them to make sure you do okay. The buggiest problems we have had was changing from one resort to the next with dining plans on both resorts, and then booking things like HDDR or SoA, no matter how we think it is going to work it does not, and Disney always seems to pull from the wrong room account at 7 am the morning of the transfer, and by lunch you are out of credits and don't know why. But we have done as many as 5 resort changes and went from deluxe, to regular to as to deluxe to regular and Disney has always fixed there mistakes.

Oh and your dining plan ends the day you check out with the SPD at midnight. We have done dining plans and split stays and they do get very confusing, you will need to read up on them to make sure you do okay. The buggiest problems we have had was changing from one resort to the next with dining plans on both resorts, and then booking things like HDDR or SoA, no matter how we think it is going to work it does not, and Disney always seems to pull from the wrong room account at 7 am the morning of the transfer, and by lunch you are out of credits and don't know why. But we have done as many as 5 resort changes and went from deluxe, to regular to as to deluxe to regular and Disney has always fixed there mistakes.

Thank you! That's what I was pretty sure happened.

To the OP, the day your reservation changes from a SPD offer to a room-only offer, you will need to use all your credits by midnight of that day or lose them. You will need to pay for all food (with the exception of the refillable mugs by the sound of it) out of pocket for the days after you move to room-only.

I received the same email a previous poster received regarding the VISA discount. When I click the link, it is showing next to nothing for availability at a deluxe, other than Club level :-(.

I don't understand the Disney Visa discount. I see that people are saving an additional 10% - is that off PSD or RO? I can't find any info on it on the Disney World promotions page or on the Disney Rewards page.
There is an additional 10% off certain resorts, but a very limited number of them. None of the Epcot ones are included except YC and neither PO or CBR Qualify for the 10% discount. I don't remember which others. Those were the ones I was considering.

Well I lied, apparently I DO get email notice when there is a Disney Visa discount lol. Doesn't do me any good though as we're staying at POR. :sad: This does come with a personal code number which I'm not showing.

View attachment 274491
Surprised to see the discounts there that high with the Visa. Makes me wonder if Disney has raised the rack rates on their hotels high enough that they are now feeling a push back from consumers?

Just looked at the visa offer from the email and it looks like only the most expensive rooms are available with that offer.

I'll tell you one thing. I will NEVER book by phone again. Two calls (on hold a total of 200 minutes.) One half-asleep cast member, one really nice one. Neither one of them gave me the same information. Neither one gave me the same offers. Neither one had SPD. I'll just go with online. Forever.
Exactly the way I feel.

Besides being on hold, I hate having to punch in all the pre-stuff and then have the CM ask you the same things all over again.

It is so easy just to do it yourself on-line.

Ya, I looked at the dates of 2/26-3/1 and I found a standard studio at SSR for like $250, but for most of the nights, it is the higher dollar rooms that are available. (through my Disney Visa email)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter