January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Been a long time lurker of the forums.

Wife had me book our room at Riverside for Feb. We have the Visa, so hoping to see something pop up that we can apply to bring the cost down somewhat. And I'm thinking the rooms are filling up, because while I was in process of booking, when I hit the submit, it came back saying the desired room type was no longer available. It sold out for the weekend portion we wanted to go.

When in Feb? We are going Feb 2-11 with the 2-5 at POR... I noticed the end of the week booking up.

I'm hoping we see something along the lines of some sort of a dining discount, I wouldn't hold my breath for Free Dining. Historically Free Dining is only offered on select dates from Aug - Dec and those dates seem to be ever decreasing.

I can't remember a time when Free Dining was offered in the spring but possibly someone else does?

Nope not in spring. Used to be offered in January when we went though!

The current "special offers" page is down. Last time that happened was when they uploaded the prices for 2018. Maybe they're uploading the new discounts? Im I being too hopeful? Im I just reading what I want to read out of this situation? I hope not :earboy2: Im just so excited!!!

The current "special offers" page is down. Last time that happened was when they uploaded the prices for 2018. Maybe they're uploading the new discounts? Im I being too hopeful? Im I just reading what I want to read out of this situation? I hope not :earboy2: Im just so excited!!!
It’s not impossible! That’s what happened last year when this discounts came out!!

We are booked from 01-03 to 01-08 without any discounts. I knew that I was willing to pay whatever rack rate was because this vacay is important. But we have the chance to add another day and a discount would really go a long way to making that happen. When I logged in this morning, the website was really slow and continuously logging me out. Is that a glimmer of hope that they are changing things up?

They are getting ready to release the specials. Site is having a LOT of "somethting ate the page" errors. I was also on phone with them to add one day to our trip (didn't, was gonna cost $800 more!) and the cast member said they were getting ready to release some specials and probably testing them out.

It’s not impossible! That’s what happened last year when this discounts came out!!

the cast member said they were getting ready to release some specials and probably testing them out.

I hope they come out this week. We booked from the 20th of Jan to the 3rd of Feb at Pop. We can and are willing to pay the rack rate, but are REALLY hoping and needing a discount to help out because while its "value season" at WDW, it's a High season here for flights...

Where there be a notification of some sort when there is a deal?
They are getting ready to release the specials. Site is having a LOT of "somethting ate the page" errors. I was also on phone with them to add one day to our trip (didn't, was gonna cost $800 more!) and the cast member said they were getting ready to release some specials and probably testing them out.

Seeing the same errors. Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come and the "deals" won't be disappointing.

When do pin codes typically come out? I used to get a ton of them, but now that I've had this room booked for over a year, I haven't received one since. The pin codes seemed to be about 5% higher than the room only discounts - I'd rather have a high room only discount than SPD. I'm just wondering if pin codes are sent out at specific times, randomly, or all year long.

Seeing the same errors. Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come and the "deals" won't be disappointing.

I am really excited but I own a business and I have a client scheduled tomorrow at 8 AM, my husband's going to be here but I may have to move it LOL in case I am on hold

Where there be a notification of some sort when there is a deal?
If it is offered to Disney Visa card holders first, I call the morning that we "hear" it is going to be released. There was a member who seems to have some good info in the past but I haven't seem him post. It's too bad because he always seems to be right. Sometimes Disney just puts the offers out there. One year I checked the site at 3:30 am and it was there. Let's hope it is soon.

Anyone else see this.... I'm hoping the "something spectacular" is a huge discount starting Jan 1!Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 5.46.56 PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter