January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Hopefully the discounts will be offered tomorrow and I hope everyone gets the resorts and dates that they want. We are going in January and I hope I can book a bounce back for September - just to have it booked. I'm getting too old waiting for these discounts!

Hopefully the discounts will be offered tomorrow and I hope everyone gets the resorts and dates that they want. We are going in January and I hope I can book a bounce back for September - just to have it booked. I'm getting too old waiting for these discounts!
Yes! Good luck to all!

Let's say Disney attendance is flat year round for a moment...so the 2 weeks worth of trips around the hurricane (the week before and week after) represent roughly 4% of all visitors annually (2/52). And let's assume that 25% of those people cancelled their trips (which is probably high)...so 1% of the annual visitors...and then they rescheduled their trips over 6 weeks from Jan 1 they feb 14...assuming all of that, there would be a roughly 10% increase in attendance each week in jan/early feb. (Keep in mind a lot of these assumptions are probably too aggressive intentionally).

In short...whether January/February is busier or not I personally don't believe the hurricane will have any appreciable affect on the attendance. It may be busier...but I'd hesitate to call it hurricane related.
We are among those who had to cancel because of Irma. We have rescheduled for April. I'm pretty confident in saying though that at least 50% of those who canceled (on the September boards, anyway) rescheduled for the weeks immediately following Irma. This is confirmed by the recent higher than predicted crowd levels. The rest of us are heading there in winter and spring. I doubt you'll see a significant increase in crowd levels those months.

Just to refresh...The only rumor I've seen is from a very reputable source (Joe Black): Looks like a Stay, Play, Dine package may be available for booking on October 3. This package would be for dates from January 1 through March 3, 2018. All Star Movies and French Quarter would be among the exclusions. Additionally, there may also be hotel discounts from January 1 through April 14, 2018. Again, these are only rumors, so plan accordingly.

It's interesting that he makes no mention of a Visa release (he usually would say that if he knew about it) although there has ALWAYS been a visa release with Stay, Play, Dine. Also...10/3 is Tuesday, not tomorrow, so for all of you hoping for tomorrow, that is not the current rumor (Good Luck though!)

Another comment of interest...Last year I booked SPD the morning of the VISA release around 7:15am. I then made a comment that once I had booked, I was able to go in and "change reservation" and price other resort options on the Visa Promo. It appears from my comment that it WAS NOT available online during the Visa release. I'm only mentioning this for those hoping to book online...it may not be possible, you may have to call.

We are among those who had to cancel because of Irma. We have rescheduled for April. I'm pretty confident in saying though that at least 50% of those who canceled (on the September boards, anyway) rescheduled for the weeks immediately following Irma. This is confirmed by the recent higher than predicted crowd levels. The rest of us are heading there in winter and spring. I doubt you'll see a significant increase in crowd levels those months.
Thanks and yes I absolutely agree. The "reschedulers" will be spread out over so many weeks that I don't think it will be noticeable on any given week.

New to the thread. So, we think discount rates may come out tomorrow?!

I am looking for a FL resident rate for MLK weekend.

New to the thread. So, we think discount rates may come out tomorrow?!

I am looking for a FL resident rate for MLK weekend.

The rumor is the 3rd. I'm hoping it drops a day early for Visa holders. But no rumors to that effect.

I apologize if this has already been answered, but what time do discounts become available online? I know that they're available on the phone at 7 AM, but my reservations are able to be modified online, so I'm hoping to do it myself.

I apologize if this has already been answered, but what time do discounts become available online? I know that they're available on the phone at 7 AM, but my reservations are able to be modified online, so I'm hoping to do it myself.

They can come online anytime overnight. I've seen them as early as 2 something but the last FD was around 5:35am EDT I believe

Just to refresh...The only rumor I've seen is from a very reputable source (Joe Black): Looks like a Stay, Play, Dine package may be available for booking on October 3. This package would be for dates from January 1 through March 3, 2018. All Star Movies and French Quarter would be among the exclusions. Additionally, there may also be hotel discounts from January 1 through April 14, 2018. Again, these are only rumors, so plan accordingly.

It's interesting that he makes no mention of a Visa release (he usually would say that if he knew about it) although there has ALWAYS been a visa release with Stay, Play, Dine. Also...10/3 is Tuesday, not tomorrow, so for all of you hoping for tomorrow, that is not the current rumor (Good Luck though!)

Another comment of interest...Last year I booked SPD the morning of the VISA release around 7:15am. I then made a comment that once I had booked, I was able to go in and "change reservation" and price other resort options on the Visa Promo. It appears from my comment that it WAS NOT available online during the Visa release. I'm only mentioning this for those hoping to book online...it may not be possible, you may have to call.
Joe Black is probably the most reliable source that I have seen for a long time. Miss him on the disboard.

I also got through this morning and can confirm no discounts yet. Everyone can relax until tomorrow.

Ugh...I just got off the phone. Nothing today. I was hoping they would do an early release for Visa card holders, but it looks like that is not going to happen.

We are already booked at Pop Century and the only change we might do is add another day if a discount is available Would I really need to be in that big of a hurry to try to get that changed or could I just wait until the phone lines relax? Unless of course we win a raffle we are entered in for a big Disney Gift Card on October 20th. If we win that there will be a huge upgrade coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter