Japan and dining plan?

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
I have heard conflicting reports about what it and isn't included on the dining plan in Japan? We especially love the Tempura section, but would consider the tepenyaki too. Anyone? Thanks, so excited about the free dining offer this September!

I think you can count on any moderately-priced appetizer and any moderately-priced entree to be included. Where Japan appears to get "funky" is with high-priced items. For example, some of the entrees there are $16 while others are $25 -- I bet if you have a problem it'll be with the $25 entree. Similarly, some appetizers are $3-$4 while others are $12. :eek: Clearly, that $12 appetizer isn't the same value as the others, and is a ripe candidate for an exclusion.

So if you stay away from the high-priced items, and stick to the menu and stick to what it explicitly says in the plan's brochure, you shouldn't have a problem. If you want to get more creative or choose higher-priced items, just be sure to check with your server when you're ordering to see whether they will be covered by the dining plan or not.

At Teppenyaki, the sushi isn't included in the DDP, nor is the lobster. I think everything else is fair game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter