• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Japan pick a pearl settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine at the kiosk by the beach club. My dad bought me the setting, which I am pretty confident is white gold. There were two settings that I liked for rings, one of which my brother bought for his then-girlfriend and I didn't want to match her, so I picked out the one that my dad ended up buying me. It is an expensive setting, however, which I did not realize and when I saw what my dad paid I was in tears, but he insisted that it was his favorite setting, too and was touched by me being a sobbing mess.

And definitely pick the ugliest shell. :)

IMG_9858.JPG

for anyone who is keen on the Cinderella carriage setting but not so sure about the price point (like me!!) you can get lovely versions on Etsy for much much less. I used a company called AOS design, but there are a few out there that do similar items.

OP -truly such a lovely idea. hope you all have a wonderful trip

I too ordered pearl cage necklaces from this Etsy site- (AOS). Love their designs and their prices! I planned ahead of time and ordered the pearl cages in November 2016, then chose the pearls, at the shop in Japan, while at Epcot in December 2016. Gave the pearls, in the cage necklaces, from AOS, to my daughters and granddaughters, for Christmas. I ordered one for myself also, the Cinderella carriage, in Sterling Silver. It to me, is a reminder of how special my time at WDW was, and how very fortunate I am, to have been able to go there. Every time I look at it, and wear it, I count my blessings in my life.
Also, I get a lot of comments when I wear it, from other Disney fans, which makes it all the more fun and special! :)

In January- my DD got twins and she is having a hard time finding a cage she likes that can hold two.
She does not want earrings. We looked in the store (they were out of a lot) and Etsy.
If anyone has pics for a cage for two- please post or send to me. Thanks!

I got mine at the kiosk by the beach club. My dad bought me the setting, which I am pretty confident is white gold. There were two settings that I liked for rings, one of which my brother bought for his then-girlfriend and I didn't want to match her, so I picked out the one that my dad ended up buying me. It is an expensive setting, however, which I did not realize and when I saw what my dad paid I was in tears, but he insisted that it was his favorite setting, too and was touched by me being a sobbing mess.

And definitely pick the ugliest shell. :)

View attachment 230389

That's such a coincidence-you got the one I almost got, and I still remember it almost 11 years later. And it IS still beautiful.

I looked at the AOS Easy site and love what I see - but have a question. They are silver plated over brass from what I can tell. (There is a rose gold option too I see) The ones at Epcot are more $$, but are they sterling?

for anyone who is keen on the Cinderella carriage setting but not so sure about the price point (like me!!) you can get lovely versions on Etsy for much much less. I used a company called AOS design, but there are a few out there that do similar items.

OP -truly such a lovely idea. hope you all have a wonderful trip

I just ordered from AOS designs, I got the Minnie Mouse cage for my daughter (and apparently, I must have accidentally clicked 2 -- so one for me, too!) I also got a shark cage for my son, not sure if he'll wear it or not, but a nice keepsake. I have such an easy time finding sentimental souvenirs for my daughter, it's hard to find one for my son, so hopefully it does the trick. They will get the cages in their Easter basket.

If you're intending to use your pearl for a cage setting, I recommend letting them know up front. I let them open the oyster and then watched, a bit stunned, as they jammed it onto a ring spike to show me how the setting would look, then did the same thing with a pendant setting. They were actually trying to sell a setting to DD (8 at the time), but I had never intended this for her (she's not the jewelry type, unless, apparently, it's being pushed in her face). This was at the Downtown Disney kiosk 3 years ago and the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth - my pearl ended up with a hole in it and my daughter was crushed that it wasn't hers (she'd had no interest in it until they shoved the un-asked for ring onto her finger). Not sure if they would have let me pick a new pearl if I spoke up, but I did take the pearl and put it in a cage when I got home. It's nice, but doesn't have the warm fuzzy associations I was going for.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if Sea World still have the pearl divers? My SIL promised my daughter something special at Sea World for her birthday, and I can't find anything that says they still have them. I can find that they stopped because of cost cutting, but came back for a bit last summer. Just curious. I'm going to do the pearls at Japan with my kids, Sea World is toward the end of the trip.

If you're intending to use your pearl for a cage setting, I recommend letting them know up front. I let them open the oyster and then watched, a bit stunned, as they jammed it onto a ring spike to show me how the setting would look, then did the same thing with a pendant setting. They were actually trying to sell a setting to DD (8 at the time), but I had never intended this for her (she's not the jewelry type, unless, apparently, it's being pushed in her face). This was at the Downtown Disney kiosk 3 years ago and the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth - my pearl ended up with a hole in it and my daughter was crushed that it wasn't hers (she'd had no interest in it until they shoved the un-asked for ring onto her finger). Not sure if they would have let me pick a new pearl if I spoke up, but I did take the pearl and put it in a cage when I got home. It's nice, but doesn't have the warm fuzzy associations I was going for.

WOW! I got my pearl at the store in Japan. They certainly didn't ram a spike in it. That's really pushy. Sorry you had a less than magical experience.
At the Japan store, I picked the pearl and then went to the side display to look at settings. I couldn't decide and they weren't pushy at all and just gave me the pearl in a little bag with the color and size written on it.

I looked at the AOS Easy site and love what I see - but have a question. They are silver plated over brass from what I can tell. (There is a rose gold option too I see) The ones at Epcot are more $$, but are they sterling?

Same question. I don't mind paying more for the real stuff.

I got my setting (a dolphin) at the Beach Club a few years ago. I don't remember the price but I do remember they had a good selection so I would check there.

Same question. I don't mind paying more for the real stuff.

I have the Cinderella cage I bought at the Japan pavilion after selecting my pearl. And it is 100% sterling. Not played over brass. Worth a few extra dollars as it will never "turn".

I have gotten two rings there, will try to post pics later. I believe the rings start at around $40 and go up.
I adore them.

That's terrible!

The store in Disney Springs isn't the same company as the Epcot store. The DS store is a Hawaiian company with many locations, and the Epcot location isn't listed on their website.

I know this thread is a bit old, but can anyone tell me, if I go when WS opens, how long it would take them to set my piece and have it ready to go? I was hoping maybe an hour so I could just hang around, but I'm not sure. Or is it possible to have it sent to the front of the park or my hotel? I'll be at SOG, and I forget the rules for that for them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter